Poll | LeBron James: Yes/No

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

Are you in favor of acquiring LBJ?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:59 pm

Yes
87%
No
13%

Total votes: 23

AmareIsGod

Poll | LeBron James: Yes/No

Post by AmareIsGod »

I'm curious what the consensus is here. This is highly hypothetical but it sounds like many fans on the board aren't too fond of bringing LBJ to the Suns, if the opportunity arises.

I'm all for it. I would have been all for having Jordan in his prime. If you care about championships as a fan, no matter how you get them, you always opt for the ultimate level of success.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

TOO

Re: Poll | LeBron James: Yes/No

Post by TOO »

Aside from a heinous criminal act, there is no reason I wouldn't want the best player in the world on my team.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Absolutely yes for me. I wouldn't hesitate to sign him.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

1,000X yes.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

AmareIsGod wrote:I'm curious what the consensus is here. This is highly hypothetical but it sounds like many fans on the board aren't too fond of bringing LBJ to the Suns, if the opportunity arises.

I'm all for it. I would have been all for having Jordan in his prime. If you care about championships as a fan, no matter how you get them, you always opt for the ultimate level of success.
Excuse me, I do care how I win. It matters how you win. I won't go 700 words deep to explain myself this time, but again, to me, the guy acts like a punk and I don't like punks, no matter how succesful they are. That said, if he comes, I will support my team as I did when Mario Elie, Luc Longley or Vince Carter were here, by focusing on the team above the individual, altough this time will be harder, since LBJ would be at center stage.

I won't vote, time will tell. Maybe the change of culture from Miami/Riley/Wade to Phoenix/McDornacek/Dragic will straight him up.

m1chal

Post by m1chal »

I came out of my usual lurking to vote HELL YEAH. He's the best player in the world, why wouldn't I want him on the Suns?

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Anyone mind if I move some of the Lebron posts from the Free Agency thread over here?

TOO

Post by TOO »

A better question for me is, how far would you go to get him? Would you still sign him if he wanted Love at PF and you HAD to use Dragic to get Love?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I don't think any of us needs to worry about it. He ain't coming here. Our chances have always been slim and none and slim will be leaving town early this week. ;)
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

SDC

Post by SDC »

it's not whether i want lebron or not, it's whether it's realistic or not.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

P219: It's fine with me if you want to move some posts into here.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I voted Yes. I don't think LeBron is a bad guy at all. I don't know what some of you guys watch only the stuff where he comes off bad, but when I've watched him he comes off much more approachable than any superstar in recent memory. You can tell by how much he internalizes criticism and what other people think of him. He took the bad from the "Decision" to heart and acknowledged that it was a mistake. Even so, he raised $2.5 million for the charity and an additional $3.5 million from advertisement revenue that was donated to other charities. When Gilbert wrote his crazy letter(that's been posted on the Cavs website for 4 years, until today), he didn't retaliate against him with his own grievances against the owner and the Cavs organization. He was right to move on from the Cleveland franchise, even though the way he did it was wrong. Cleveland never made the right moves to put a good team around him. In his first year, they didn't make the playoffs and used that lottery pick to pick up Luke freak'n Jackson(no offense to those posters that had a boner for him). When they had a chance to go after Joe Johnson, they went after Larry Hughes instead. When they could have had Amare while still in his prime, they opted for Antawn "scored a million points, but can't remember a single shot he made" Jamison. His best teammate during his time there was a one legged Big Z, a Mo "I've never seen a shot I didn't like" Williams, or an already retired Shaq.
Is he arrogant or come off as arrogant? I'm sure there is some truth to that. The best players usually have a little bit of arrogance in them, but you can't tell me it's even close to what Kobe or MJ had displayed. When he decided which high school he decided to go to, he picked a small Catholic school, because his friend wasn't accepted to be a good player at the local public high school. That doesn't sound like an arrogant, privileged, entitled kid. It sounds like a loyal friend.

He was the first ever sophomore to win Ohio Mr. Basketball player and won it the next two years. He won a state title three times, with only his junior year losing in the finals. His senior year, his team won the National title over prep schools like Oak Hill and such., and made the First team all USA as a sophomore. He was the first Junior to ever win Gatorade player of the year and win it twice.
Did you know that when he was in the third grade he wasn't doing well and his mother was having a lot of problems living in poverty. He missed almost half the school year. So his mother agreed to have him live with Frank Walker, who introduced him to basketball and taught him routine, discipline, and the value of school. From then on, he worked hard in school. This was probably the most important time in his entire live, because without this happening, we probably would have never heard of LeBron or he would have been just another example of a wasted talent. Sure doesn't sound like someone that grew up entitled.

I think that if he leaves Miami, it will probably be to go back to Cleveland. This is most likely because he still feels loyalty to his hometown and state, not because they offer the best team. Although, having 4 #1 picks all picked by Cleveland seems very interesting.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

How LeBron James' agent has given Cavaliers hope of King's homecoming

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-lebron ... 39828.html

"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

So what does this all mean!? Miami and Cleveland are the top choice with maybe Phoenix in the mix?

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Superbone wrote:How LeBron James' agent has given Cavaliers hope of King's homecoming

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-lebron ... 39828.html
His agent is from Cleveland, so he is also emotionally invested as well about coming back. So, this would put Phoenix as the dark horse proposal, the fall back plan if the Miami Bridge falls apart and Cleveland is unable to open the necessary cap space.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

By the way, I was not aware that Cleveland still had that famous letter from the owner up until last weekend on his website. Odd, to say the least.

http://www.nj.com/knicks/index.ssf/2014 ... ed_stories

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

There is just no way Cleveland can't open up enough cap space for LeBron, unless the whole League conspirated against it. Just attaching Waiters to Jack gets it done. Or maybe Thompson. Plus picks, whatever.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Bennett/Waiters/Jack could all be moved to open space, I'd look at Bennett/Waiters for us.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

I agree, but keep in mind that there is some sort of "scorned ex-girlfriend" vibe in all that interaction, therefore is not business as usual between James and the entire state of Ohio.