Poll | LeBron James: Yes/No

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

Are you in favor of acquiring LBJ?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:59 pm

Yes
87%
No
13%

Total votes: 23

Ring_Wanted

Re: Poll | LeBron James: Yes/No

Post by Ring_Wanted »

In this story the ex forgives the (alleged)jerk.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Moreso, the jerk came back and given he is loaded, the ex swipe her pride under the carpet, in order to get a ring

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

She never stopped loving him. Doesn't matter what she told herself or how many clothes she threw out the window.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

LeBron Jaaaaaaaaaaaames!

This article (though admittedly four years old), kinda sums up my feelings on the Bron:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evo ... t-part-1-2

The funny thing is though, it's probably both hypocritical (if not irrational for me not to want LeBron on this team).

Looking back at all the Championship teams, it's an easy assumption to say that all of them had ego-driven players that were perhaps had narcissistic tendencies...whatever. As an aside, I can personally vouch for Tim Duncan's...likeableness (is that even a word? haha) as I met him through a mutual friend.

But anyway, as the article states (not to mention my own take on the situation), I can't really blame LeBron for his personality. I'd like to say that if I were in his shoes, I woulda taken it all in stride and just let the accolades roll off my back, etc etc. But I'm not gonna be so naive as to say that; any person who gets told they're the king (metaphorically, or otherwise) at such an early age, is gonna get jacked up in the head; just human nature.

So even though I don't blame Bron in the slightest for his actions, he's just not the type of player (basketball ability aside) that I wanna root for on "my" team. I felt the same way about Kobe when we were at least temporarily linked with him during the team before we signed Nash.

Lol, I dunno, I just feel like if he came here and brought us the 'chip, that it would just feel cheap (especially at the potential cost of Dragic, whom I'm also irrationally attached to as a fan). Hypothetically, I guess if Lebron stayed here for the rest of his career, I'd consider him a Sun, but it'd be a struggle for me, if you will - especially if he was only here for two years - championship or otherwise.

Like, would he go up in the ring of honor, just cuz? Certainly a championship during his tenure would more than warrant that, but personally it would just feel "wrong" on a level. Meh.

Thankfully, I likely have nothing to worry about in this regard. And I'd probably have to get my mental health checked out if I was legitimately worrying about such a trivial thing.

At any rate, just wanted to verbosely explain my dissenting vote on this poll.

Carry on! Or...carrion.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Excelent take Charlie, I agree on every point you laid out. And perhaps we could get a package deal for mental health care, if Lebron indeed comes to Phoenix. :lol:

Also. that article is very enlightning about James, interesting reading and a lesson for every sports fan and title-slots, on the risks of going after your "Messiah".

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Just from a franchise perspective, you want LeBron on the team. Just from a financial standpoint, he is worth an estimated $250 million to the team. He is also the best recruiter for filling out the team, because he makes everyone else better.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This cracked me up. Dan Gilbert's letter from 2010 redacted and sent to Lebron now in 2014.

http://deadspin.com/dear-hero-dan-gilbe ... socialflow

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nice
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Cap

Post by Cap »

I took Gilbert's guarantee to the bank like he told me to, and now my checks are bouncing. So much for not betraying the fans.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:I took Gilbert's guarantee to the bank like he told me to, and now my checks are bouncing. So much for not betraying the fans.
Sometimes, you need to just save it in your drafts. Gilbert is probably the luckiest guy alive.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

http://arizonasports.com/41/1748742/Rep ... he-outside

Report: LeBron James narrows final choices to Cavaliers and Heat, Suns on the outside
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

We never really had a chance.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Yay, everyone needs a fat friend right?

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Yay, everyone needs a fat friend right?
It will make blowing out the Miami Cavaliers later this season that much more fulfilling.