SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Sunsfan4life

Re: SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Real GM insider says 3 team deal in the works...says he has connections to a team that the suns called but declined to be involved.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtop ... &start=660
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

What is the trade? They are saying it involves our resident knuckle-head SG, but where they talking about the Suns? I wouldn't call Goodwin a knuckle-head.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Big Jake Little Jake

Post by Big Jake Little Jake »

He probably means Gerald Green.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

These RealGM posters claiming to be "insiders" are full of shit.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

^ I get that feeling too Mori. All their shit is so vague anyone could be an insider with Twitter.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Mori Chu wrote:These RealGM posters claiming to be "insiders" are full of shit.
There's no coincidence that I read this post on the toilet

TOO

Post by TOO »

In2ition wrote:Why is Scream'n A Smith such an @$$hat?
Because he and his buddy Skippy are paid to be. 90% of ESPN personalities are unwatchable.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:These RealGM posters claiming to be "insiders" are full of shit.
There's no coincidence that I read this post on the toilet
Are you sure? :shock:

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Some of them are alright. Ray Ray is a guy who has broken news before and been right. They won't reveal the players, but I'm pretty sure it is something involving Indy and Boston again.

Not sure about this NotTraxxe guy, but he is a mod.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

What'd he do this time?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
What'd he do this time?
He's claiming very arrogantly that Phoenix and Houston aren't marquee cities to lure marquee players. Even though the last big free agent to go to NY was Amare, only because the Suns couldn't guarantee him for anything past 3 years. If I'm right, didn't Howard pick to go to Houston?

Phoenix has been a destination city for NBA free agents since the beginning of free agency.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Some of them are alright. Ray Ray is a guy who has broken news before and been right. They won't reveal the players, but I'm pretty sure it is something involving Indy and Boston again.

Well theres the Boston connection with McD, and we've had good dealings with Indiana before. You never know.

Really hope Green stays. We need a Q/Raja type streaky 3 point shooter. He was great last year. Had his breakout season with us!

TOO

Post by TOO »

That is good news.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Phoenix219 wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:Some of them are alright. Ray Ray is a guy who has broken news before and been right. They won't reveal the players, but I'm pretty sure it is something involving Indy and Boston again.

Well theres the Boston connection with McD, and we've had good dealings with Indiana before. You never know.

Really hope Green stays. We need a Q/Raja type streaky 3 point shooter. He was great last year. Had his breakout season with us!
If he could bring a similar player at the 4 position like Ryan Anderson I think we'd be crazy not to do it. We could just sign Morrow if you want a 3pt shooting swing that doesn't play D.

carey

Post by carey »

Bro, Ryno had a big time injury and makes quite a bit of scratch. I just don't know...
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

I know that, but we're also paper thun at the 4 spot with just the MoBros there. He's also a pretty decent rebounder. So, as with any trade, if our med staff gives him the ok, I'm all over that deal.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Stu Jackson (NBATV) proposed Suns trade for Love:

Signed and traded Bledsoe, Plumlee or Len, Lakers first round pick for Love and Kevin Martin.

The problem with this proposal is that Bledsoe wouldn't agree to it.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Call me crazy but I'd rather have Bledsoe and keep our bigs. Bledsoe is going to really blow up this season. Our backcourt is going to kill it with a healthy Bledsoe and Dragic. Keep the core together and sign a stretch big.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Phoenix219 wrote:

If he could bring a similar player at the 4 position like Ryan Anderson I think we'd be crazy not to do it. We could just sign Morrow if you want a 3pt shooting swing that doesn't play D.
I was in favor of that rumored trade for Anderson if the meds ok'd it, although I would have tried to keep the pick. Now that Frye is gone, this is the perfect replacement. I don't think there is a better stretch PF in the L, leaving aside Kevin Love, Dirk and maybe Bosh.

And the salary is not crazy compared to what teams are dishing out this summer. Just 0.5M per more than Frye is almost a bargain, with the health asterisk, of course.