SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Post by carey »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote: As you should be, I don't even know how you live with yourself.
Barely.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

SDC, you're a fool. You've lost any credibility I've had for you with your immature, non justified name calling and complaining about McD. As if you'd do a better job than the runner up to GM of the Year (with many experts saying he was robbed). The guy is good. This off-season isn't over. Our future is bright. You're a fool.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

I was reading seriouly his post, but now I think SDC is just having fun pushing people's buttons on McD. Don't feed the troll, until he actually starts making sense again.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SDC wrote:so then it's just me and informer, huh?
Don't you dare pretend to speak for INF.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SDC wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:Even if you don't like McDonough he's light years ahead of anything we've had since Bryan Colangelo, and he wasn't even that great of a GM. Sadly, all that it takes to be better than his predecessors is have a long term plan that doesn't involve cronyism.
it's going to be tough to remove mcdo, not because he is good, but because no quality front office guy wants to work with sarver. everybody from welts, kerr, griffin, quinter have left the suns (this was only 3 yrs ago).
Nobody (but you) in their right mind (not you) wants to remove Boy Wonder.

"Be Legendary."

SDC

Post by SDC »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:I was reading seriouly his post, but now I think SDC is just having fun pushing people's buttons on McD. Don't feed the troll, until he actually starts making sense again.
if people are expecting to see improvement from this team, dont. expect to see this team to lose six or seven games more from last season. the suns team will miss frye more than they'd like to admit.

SDC

Post by SDC »

AmareIsGod wrote:SDC, you're a fool. You've lost any credibility I've had for you with your immature, non justified name calling and complaining about McD. As if you'd do a better job than the runner up to GM of the Year (with many experts saying he was robbed). The guy is good. This off-season isn't over. Our future is bright. You're a fool.
errrr... so instead of trying to build on their last season's success, the suns went even younger. That's smart?

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I might be in the minority here but I am actually cool with skipping this free agent class and letting the young guys hold the fort so to speak. We might not be as good as last season but just one season doesn’t really matter in the long run in my opinion. I think these young players we have might actually benefit more with bigger responsibilities and more weight on their shoulders right off the bat. And if Len can breakout this season with maybe Marcus having a year like his brother had last season coming off the bench we might actually be better than most people think.
I can envision a line-up like this. Maybe have Len start with Plumlee providing rebounding and energy off the bench.
Bledsoe/Ennis
Dragic/Green/Goodwin/Christmas?
Tucker/Warren
Markieff/Marcus
Len/Plumlee

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

SDC wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:SDC, you're a fool. You've lost any credibility I've had for you with your immature, non justified name calling and complaining about McD. As if you'd do a better job than the runner up to GM of the Year (with many experts saying he was robbed). The guy is good. This off-season isn't over. Our future is bright. You're a fool.
errrr... so instead of trying to build on their last season's success, the suns went even younger. That's smart?
Yeah maybe

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Phoenix219 wrote:
Wally_West wrote: Sorry but LANCE BLANKS> McDoubt everyday of the week!
I really hope the arrow is just facing the wrong direction.....

.....or you're doing a great Robot impression :)
It was more of an SDC impression with his McD hate :D It is still a work in progress hehe

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

SDC wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:I was reading seriouly his post, but now I think SDC is just having fun pushing people's buttons on McD. Don't feed the troll, until he actually starts making sense again.
if people are expecting to see improvement from this team, dont. expect to see this team to lose six or seven games more from last season. the suns team will miss frye more than they'd like to admit.
I actually agree with this; I've always been a champion of Frye's quiet but important role on the team. However, we have yet to see 1) who signs as a free agent and 2) what our rookies actually are like; If we have a standout, surprising season from one of our young players, coupled with a good free agent pickup, we could be better then last year.

If we stand pat, minus Frye, then I can actually agree with sdc.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Wally_West wrote:
SDC wrote:
Yeah maybe
would have been great if you went young with a top 5 pick.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Phoenix219 wrote:
SDC wrote:
I actually agree with this; I've always been a champion of Frye's quiet but important role on the team. However, we have yet to see 1) who signs as a free agent and 2) what our rookies actually are like; If we have a standout, surprising season from one of our young players, coupled with a good free agent pickup, we could be better then last year.

If we stand pat, minus Frye, then I can actually agree with sdc.
and frye wont be as effective in orlando because they lack the PGs to play pick and pop. he wont get a lot of open looks there. and he is orlando's best shooter.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Sure is quiet in Phoenix. Quiet before the storm or is nothing happening other than resigning our RFAs?

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Sports Talk ‏@SportsScores2
Phoenix Suns reward for their efforts this free agency pic.twitter.com/49srQK33sZ

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Funny, but condescending.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

How about a 2 year contract, or 4 year contract with a 2 yr team option for DWade?
http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/dwyane-wa ... o-phoenix/
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

In2ition wrote:How about a 2 year contract, or 4 year contract with a 2 yr team option for DWade?
Mmm... let see... the arrogance and ego issues of Lebron, minus the results... No thanks... That's not the kind of "leadership" I want for the kids to learn.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

In2ition wrote:How about a 2 year contract, or 4 year contract with a 2 yr team option for DWade?
No thanks. If this is the best the Suns can do this year in free agency, I'd rather stand pat and devote the season to gathering more assets with the cap space and develping the youngs.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
No thanks. If this is the best the Suns can do this year in free agency, I'd rather stand pat and devote the season to gathering more assets with the cap space and develping the youngs.
This.

As organic as this team is, we sure as hell don't need pesticides.....