2018 Trade Deadline

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
1tinsoldier

Re: 2018 Trade Deadline

Post by 1tinsoldier »

yeah, Love would fit right in here
soft on defense
on offense, hanging out on the perimeter like Bender, only on the Suns he wouldn't have double threats (Lebron, Irving/Thomas) opening him up, and he'll be less effective
in a couple of years the suns will travel with him in the luggage compartment, like Chandler now

let's give up salary and assets for a non-time-liner who makes us a little better now so we can drop in the draft

keep your eyes on the ball, ya'll
Last edited by 1tinsoldier on Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TOO

Post by TOO »

INFORMER wrote:
Sacramento has to clear a roster spot to take on one or two additional players in a deal with Cleveland and has been discussing deals for young forwards Malachi Richardson and Skal Labissiere to clear roster spots, league sources said.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2219 ... eorge-hill

I would like to see make a play for Skal.
What are the Kings even doing?

I'd definitely take a shot at Skal.

TOO

Post by TOO »

carey wrote:
INFORMER wrote:I would like to add Kevin Love too. But I'm not moving TJ Warren to do it.
Would you trade Monroe, Chriss and a pick?
I sure would.

carey

Re: RE: Re: 2018 Trade Deadline

Post by carey »

1tinsoldier wrote:yeah, Love would fit right in here
soft on defense
on offense, hanging out on the perimeter like Bender, only on the Suns he wouldn't have double threats (Lebron, Irving/Thomas) opening him up, and he'll be less effective
in a couple of years the suns will travel with him in the luggage compartment, like Chandler now

let's give up salary and assets for a non-time-liner who makes us a little better now so we can drop in the draft

Less effective? Are we forgetting the monster numbers he used to put up in Minnesota as a first option?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

carey wrote:
soft on defense

Less effective? Are we forgetting the monster numbers he used to put up in Minnesota as a first option?
Must've forgot we have Booker to open him up...

I think Loves game will age just fine, Pau played into his mid 30s from the perimeter, was still effective passing and on the boards.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

All I want this deadline is a new Gm and owner

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:All I want this deadline is a new Gm and owner
That's it?!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Hahahaha

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

carey wrote:
soft on defense

you mean 4 or 5 seasons ago?

yeah, i remember watching Chandler in the playoffs years ago, thinking why can't we have a center like that?

carey

Post by carey »

1tinsoldier wrote:

you mean 4 or 5 seasons ago?

yeah, i remember watching Chandler in the playoffs years ago, thinking why can't we have a center like that?
I mean, Kevin is 29 and Tyson is 35, but ok?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Meanwhile LeBron's supposedly mad the Cavs couldn't make a deal for Paul George or Bledsoe. Think we could've snagged the BK pick given the Cavs troubles? Or give them Bledsoe and Chriss for Love?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

ShelC wrote:Meanwhile LeBron's supposedly mad the Cavs couldn't make a deal for Paul George or Bledsoe. Think we could've snagged the BK pick given the Cavs troubles? Or give them Bledsoe and Chriss for Love?
Weren't they about to get both Bledsoe and George, but since LeBron wouldn't give them a better idea what he's deciding to do they backed out of the deal? How can he be mad at anyone besides himself? Is this some fake outrage that he will use as a fake argument for not resigning with the Cavs this summer?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

When LeBron retires, he will have played 9 (or more) years in Cleveland with 1 championship. That should tell us all we need to know about Cavs management.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

O_Gardino wrote:When LeBron retires, he will have played 9 (or more) years in Cleveland with 1 championship. That should tell us all we need to know about Cavs management.
LeBron is managing the Cavs.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

JCSunsfan wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:When LeBron retires, he will have played 9 (or more) years in Cleveland with 1 championship. That should tell us all we need to know about Cavs management.
He needs to learn to delegate better.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

In2ition wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:
He needs to learn to delegate better.
Yes and Yes, and the Cavs shouldn't let a player run the show.

To be fair to LeBron, it's not like the Cavs did well when he wasn't managing them.

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
carey wrote:
soft on defense

nope, didn't forget Booker, that's why i said "double" threats

i'd still like to know how a 29 year old center,
who is a defensive liability,
with a big salary,
who's not a free agent, so we'll have to sacrifice assets for
who his own teammates don't seem to respect now,
fits into the sun's FUTURE
instead of just getting us a few more wins when we need less

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

1tinsoldier wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
carey wrote:
soft on defense

nope, didn't forget Booker, that's why i said "double" threats

i'd still like to know how a 29 year old center,
who is a defensive liability,
with a big salary,
who's not a free agent, so we'll have to sacrifice assets for
who his own teammates don't seem to respect now,
fits into the sun's FUTURE
instead of just getting us a few more wins when we need less
Haven't you heard? He's back to being the PF.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

While I agree with the statement that the Cavs aren't well managed, I don't think your post is very compelling. How many decades did great Suns players play with zero championships? Does that mean the franchise was badly managed by Jerry and Bryan Colangelo? I'd argue that the management back then was excellent overall, but sadly it just didn't lead to the ultimate prize.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
While I agree with the statement that the Cavs aren't well managed, I don't think your post is very compelling. How many decades did great Suns players play with zero championships? Does that mean the franchise was badly managed by Jerry and Bryan Colangelo? I'd argue that the management back then was excellent overall, but sadly it just didn't lead to the ultimate prize.
The Suns have never had anyone at LeBron's talent level.