PJ Tucker Agrees to Re-Sign

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: PJ Tucker Agrees to Re-Sign

Post by Superbone »

Yeah, baby! Bring it!

"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Glad we got PJ back but I do wish it was a little cheaper. One thing that is for sure is that dude is gonna have a lot more spending money for his shoe collection.

SDC

Post by SDC »

the suns OVERpaid for tucker? good! the suns deserve to be taken to the cleaners.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Dammit SDC. You throw off the credibility of our discussions with your trolling and idiotic comments. Is this a big joke and you're trying to be another Cubby?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

SDC wrote:the suns OVERpaid for tucker? good! the suns deserve to be taken to the cleaners.
You're an idiot son.

SDC

Post by SDC »

that the suns overpaid for tucker? and let me be MORE specific, mcdo deserves to be taken to the cleaners by tucker.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Hey guys, remember Lance Blanks was the one who signed PJ. I bet at least he could have gotten us Pau Gasol and saved this franchise!
#mcdout #SDCthoughts

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Are you not a Suns fan?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

SDC

Post by SDC »

i'm not a mcdo fan, obviously. (look at my sig)

TOO

Post by TOO »

Just use the friend/foe option if he bothers you. Crisis averted.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

#TEAMMCDoOUT

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

:lol:

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

I can't think of a single thing that McD has done that would make anyone want him gone. He hit the brakes on a freefall, a complete reversal of fortune.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

SDC is trying to carve an identity, to get atention from his McDoOut gimmick. That's why lately has become repetitive about, because... It's working!!!

He is getting the atention from everybody and hijacking thread after thread with his nonsense, prompting serious answers from us to stupid assesments from him. And it makes it hard to just jump over his post.

STOP FEEDING THE TROLL!!!

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

I don't think he's a troll; He probably truly dislikes McD, and wishes for a different direction, or for different moves to be made. Theres on reason to hate on him or single him out for a dissenting opinion. I'm often don't have the majority opinion on my side, and can relate on that note, at least. No need to blow it out of proportion. Although, some times when yer gettin shit, its fun to give it back... ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:Dammit SDC. You throw off the credibility of our discussions with your trolling and idiotic comments. Is this a big joke and you're trying to be another Cubby?
I just like to think of him as the village idiot.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

You are strong on your opinions, but you don't call names on people, or twist the facts to acomodate your point of view, please do not put yourself on the same cathegory, you are head and shoulders above this. I do not recall you posting something along that " to the cleaners" post, that's trolling no doubt.

carey

Post by carey »

I don't know how I feel about it. I guess in the current climate & considering the partial guarantee... I can live with it. I just hope he never leads the break again & continues to be a lockdown defender.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

On one hand I like keeping PJ, a lot. On the other hand full MLE sounds just wrong.

But that's under the former mindset where 6M is not the going rate for any role player minimally skilled.

Also, today the full MLE is 8% of the salary cap whereas historically it represented 10%, so full MLE contracts are less harmful by definition, especially considering the lower raises and years allowed.

The problem, like always, is spending it on undeserving players, but in this case I believe PJ has earned it. We'll see if he can live up to it the next two years. Maintaining the 3pt % will be one of the keys.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Given all the other crazy contracts this summer, PJ's doesn't seem that bad. I wish it were for less, but then, I always would. He's at around the MLE which is supposedly the average or median salary for an NBA player. And PJ seems like at least an average quality NBA starter to me.

I do think it's good that we got some of that 3rd year to be non-guaranteed, though. That'll give us flexibility later if we need it, if he regresses or ages in dog years.