Around the League: July 2014

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
iLLmatic

Re: Around the League: July 2014

Post by iLLmatic »

carey wrote:This LeBron thing is bordering on insanity. You see the whole "extra security" stuff at his house? That is nuts.
Some web developer ran Firebug on his site to discover there are three hexadecimal colors on his style sheet that match the Cavs colors. Yes, it is getting ridiculous, and Lebron is loving every minute of it.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

iLLmatic wrote:
carey wrote:This LeBron thing is bordering on insanity. You see the whole "extra security" stuff at his house? That is nuts.
Some web developer ran Firebug on his site to discover there are three hexadecimal colors on his style sheet that match the Cavs colors. Yes, it is getting ridiculous, and Lebron is loving every minute of it.
hahahahaha

SDC

Post by SDC »

to this day, the lakers still dont have a head coach. i say call back mike brown and tell him to finish his contract.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SDC wrote:to this day, the lakers still dont have a head coach. i say call back mike brown and tell him to finish his contract.
I don't think you can force him to do that after you fired him.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Superbone wrote:
SDC wrote:to this day, the lakers still dont have a head coach. i say call back mike brown and tell him to finish his contract.
I don't think you can force him to do that after you fired him.
If the contract requires you to pay him for his services, then I don't see why you shoudln't be able to still demand he fulfill those services. Its probably NOT legal, but it SHOULD be.. .:D

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

carey

Post by carey »

Wow. Just... wow.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

Bosh will soon sign with Houston.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Cleveland could be lining up Bennett and Wiggins to Minny for KLove. Notice, LeBron made no mention of those guys in his letter. Love said he's intrigued with Cleveland now.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I don't blame him. I would try to work a trade without Wiggins in it, but they probably can't.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

Wiggins/Lebron would be so much more exciting...

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

In2ition wrote:I don't blame him. I would try to work a trade without Wiggins in it, but they probably can't.
I don't know about that. They have Waiters, Thompson and picks. If Cleveland and Love play hardball I think the Cavs get to keep Wiggins.

Heh. Funny how fortunes change in this world.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
In2ition wrote:I don't blame him. I would try to work a trade without Wiggins in it, but they probably can't.
I don't know about that. They have Waiters, Thompson and picks. If Cleveland and Love play hardball I think the Cavs get to keep Wiggins.

Heh. Funny how fortunes change in this world.
I agree with that, but it seems like MN is going to wait until they get two all-stars or at the very least 2-3 future all-stars for Love.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

We should be trying to pry some stuff (Terrence Jones? Troy daniels?) from the Rockets. They're about to go into asset shedding mode.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I would LOVE Terrence Jones.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Morey is making a huge mistake if he sheds Bev,Jones,Montajehunas,picks just to match a bloated Parsons deal.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Lin ad future 1st to Lakers
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

If the Cavs do end up moving Bennett in any kind of trade, I wonder if we could sneak in and get him for a second rounder. I'm still a fan, and if he develops, could fill a big need for us.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The need for another tweeter forward?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:Cleveland could be lining up Bennett and Wiggins to Minny for KLove. Notice, LeBron made no mention of those guys in his letter. Love said he's intrigued with Cleveland now.
Duuuuh. I wonder whyyyyyyy? <dumb guy> :lol:
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."