Game Day: Suns (18-39) @ Warriors (43-13), Mon 2/12/18

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
JustWinBaby
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:33 pm
Location: Buckeye, Az

Re: Game Day: Suns (18-39) @ Warriors (43-13), Mon 2/12/18

Post by JustWinBaby » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:11 am

Superbone wrote:
The Bobster wrote:They are just so non-competitive that they can't justify bringing Triano back.
Triano did much better calling time outs this time. The Warriors are just that much better.
Yep -

Triano will be the fall guy, for all the poor player decisions our GM has made.

How many more coaches do any of you guys think that McDonough should be allowed to hire?

What free agent do you really think will prefer to join this mess versus any other team in the league with the same money available.
Ayton - Doncic - Booker - Do your freaking job Ryan!

Online
User avatar
The Bobster
Posts: 3095
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:04 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Game Day: Suns (18-39) @ Warriors (43-13), Mon 2/12/18

Post by The Bobster » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:23 am

Triano's not the heart of the problem, sure, but Sarver isn't going anywhere.

That said, when you have the worst defense in the league and and possibly the worst offense, the coach is going to be held accountable.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

User avatar
Shabazz
Posts: 3099
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: Game Day: Suns (18-39) @ Warriors (43-13), Mon 2/12/18

Post by Shabazz » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:23 am

Picking nits, but I’m not sure why Triano went with a traditional lineup (Chandler or Len) until garbage-time last night. It would have been a good game to go with Bender at center. Our bigs were totally exposed.

Oh, and Troy Daniels is just hopeless on defense.
Point Guard Needed. Apply here.

User avatar
Shabazz
Posts: 3099
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: Game Day: Suns (18-39) @ Warriors (43-13), Mon 2/12/18

Post by Shabazz » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:25 am

The Bobster wrote:Triano's not the heart of the problem, sure, but Sarver isn't going anywhere.

That said, when you have the worst defense in the league and and possibly the worst offense, the coach is going to be held accountable.
For all of his Xs-and-Os deficiencies, Watson at least had the team playing hard during the stretch run last year. This group seems to have given up.
Point Guard Needed. Apply here.

User avatar
Marty [Mori Chu]
Posts: 8541
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Game Day: Suns (18-39) @ Warriors (43-13), Mon 2/12/18

Post by Marty [Mori Chu] » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:30 am

I am not that disappointed about a huge blowout loss to the Warriors. We are a bad team and are without our best player, and the Warriors are a mini dynasty, a super-team stacked with arguably 3-4 of the top 15 players in the whole league. They *should* completely destroy us in a head-to-head matchup on their home floor.

I'm happy to see that Payton continues to play so well. What a great pickup he was. For all the crap people heap on McDo's GMing, he has made some really savvy moves like this one. He should get credit for seeing an undervalued asset in Orlando and acquiring it essentially for free. Payton might be our PG of the future.

Online
User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 12775
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day: Suns (18-39) @ Warriors (43-13), Mon 2/12/18

Post by Superbone » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:34 am

I really don't get why so many are upset at this loss. Yeah, it was a huge blowout but our team is at half mast playing one of the best NBA teams of all time. To me, this game was much better than the San Antonio blowout. At least the team executed better until garbage time.
O_Gardino: "Ntilikina is going to lead the NBA in assists once he gets going[2025]..."

Online
User avatar
The Bobster
Posts: 3095
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:04 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Game Day: Suns (18-39) @ Warriors (43-13), Mon 2/12/18

Post by The Bobster » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:35 am

When they lose six straight by an average of 26 points, it's hard to ignore no matter who they're playing.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

User avatar
Cap
Posts: 5220
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Game Day: Suns (18-39) @ Warriors (43-13), Mon 2/12/18

Post by Cap » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:43 am

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I am not that disappointed about a huge blowout loss to the Warriors. We are a bad team and are without our best player, and the Warriors are a mini dynasty, a super-team stacked with arguably 3-4 of the top 15 players in the whole league. They *should* completely destroy us in a head-to-head matchup on their home floor.

I'm happy to see that Payton continues to play so well. What a great pickup he was. For all the crap people heap on McDo's GMing, he has made some really savvy moves like this one. He should get credit for seeing an undervalued asset in Orlando and acquiring it essentially for free. Payton might be our PG of the future.
He doesn't get credit for this until we know whether Elf's going to be back next season, and under what contract. If we let him go, we didn't get much, and if we overpay, we got a net negative.
JJ will be better than KP when all is said and done [in 2020]. Mark it. — AIG, with Indy betting against

Online
User avatar
O_Gardino
Posts: 4689
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 12:47 pm
Location: Shreveport, LA

Re: Game Day: Suns (18-39) @ Warriors (43-13), Mon 2/12/18

Post by O_Gardino » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:46 am

We are getting murdered when Gray and Reed share the court. Our core players compete a lot better outside of that Spurs game. We just don't have 8 NBA caliber players right now.
SELL THE TEAM
#notank
#sarverout

User avatar
bajanguy008
Posts: 1753
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:28 pm

Re: Game Day: Suns (18-39) @ Warriors (43-13), Mon 2/12/18

Post by bajanguy008 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:54 am

bajanguy008 wrote:On NBA Tv feed Smitty and Mitchell were just discussing the fact that Kerr is letting the players do the coaching/talking tonight during timeouts and so on and how should the Suns players feel/react if they find out
dozed off at halftime and woke up to 99 - 71 close to the end of the 3rd smh. another 40pt loss is just brutal man and going back through my timeline Bleacher Report and Sportsnation tweeted about Kerr letting the players coach and social media was having a field day clowning us :? . Mr. Social Media Dudley like he was going back on forth with some giving his opinions on it but oh well #embarrassing
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 7263
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Game Day: Suns (18-39) @ Warriors (43-13), Mon 2/12/18

Post by Indy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:21 pm

Superbone wrote:I really don't get why so many are upset at this loss. Yeah, it was a huge blowout but our team is at half mast playing one of the best NBA teams of all time. To me, this game was much better than the San Antonio blowout. At least the team executed better until garbage time.
Some of this I agree with, but GSW have only won 6 games all year by +25. We seem to lose by that much 4-5 times a month. It doesn't matter how good the other team is, even with the poor parity in the NBA, there is no excuse to lose by 40 points multiple times a year. You can blame it on the players, or the coach, or a mix of all of it. But in the end, leadership over the past 10 years has been awful. And we all know where that starts and stops.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 7263
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Game Day: Suns (18-39) @ Warriors (43-13), Mon 2/12/18

Post by Indy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:24 pm

Does anyone have Sarver's email address? We should all reach out to him...

Online
User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 12775
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day: Suns (18-39) @ Warriors (43-13), Mon 2/12/18

Post by Superbone » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:27 pm

Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:I really don't get why so many are upset at this loss. Yeah, it was a huge blowout but our team is at half mast playing one of the best NBA teams of all time. To me, this game was much better than the San Antonio blowout. At least the team executed better until garbage time.
Some of this I agree with, but GSW have only won 6 games all year by +25. We seem to lose by that much 4-5 times a month. It doesn't matter how good the other team is, even with the poor parity in the NBA, there is no excuse to lose by 40 points multiple times a year. You can blame it on the players, or the coach, or a mix of all of it. But in the end, leadership over the past 10 years has been awful. And we all know where that starts and stops.
Well, there is this stat. Suns lost by 40+ 4 times in their 49 year previous history and they've lost an additional 4 40+ games this year alone.
O_Gardino: "Ntilikina is going to lead the NBA in assists once he gets going[2025]..."

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 7263
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Game Day: Suns (18-39) @ Warriors (43-13), Mon 2/12/18

Post by Indy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:33 pm

Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:I really don't get why so many are upset at this loss. Yeah, it was a huge blowout but our team is at half mast playing one of the best NBA teams of all time. To me, this game was much better than the San Antonio blowout. At least the team executed better until garbage time.
Some of this I agree with, but GSW have only won 6 games all year by +25. We seem to lose by that much 4-5 times a month. It doesn't matter how good the other team is, even with the poor parity in the NBA, there is no excuse to lose by 40 points multiple times a year. You can blame it on the players, or the coach, or a mix of all of it. But in the end, leadership over the past 10 years has been awful. And we all know where that starts and stops.
Well, there is this stat. Suns lost by 40+ 4 times in their 49 year previous history and they've lost an additional 4 40+ games this year alone.
Yeah. And it isn't because we are having a tough year and played great teams. It is because our roster hasn't been consistently well-constructed, well-coached, or well-led this decade.

Online
User avatar
O_Gardino
Posts: 4689
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 12:47 pm
Location: Shreveport, LA

Re: Game Day: Suns (18-39) @ Warriors (43-13), Mon 2/12/18

Post by O_Gardino » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:33 pm

Indy wrote:Does anyone have Sarver's email address? We should all reach out to him...
https://twitter.com/robertsarver?lang=en
SELL THE TEAM
#notank
#sarverout

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 7263
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Game Day: Suns (18-39) @ Warriors (43-13), Mon 2/12/18

Post by Indy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:37 pm

O_Gardino wrote:
Indy wrote:Does anyone have Sarver's email address? We should all reach out to him...
https://twitter.com/robertsarver?lang=en
FAKE NEWS

That account has never tweeted, and looks to be created by someone in the org to have a presence on twitter for him. I doubt he will see anything we send him there.

Online
User avatar
The Bobster
Posts: 3095
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:04 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Game Day: Suns (18-39) @ Warriors (43-13), Mon 2/12/18

Post by The Bobster » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:51 pm

Indy wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
Indy wrote:Does anyone have Sarver's email address? We should all reach out to him...
https://twitter.com/robertsarver?lang=en
FAKE NEWS

That account has never tweeted, and looks to be created by someone in the org to have a presence on twitter for him. I doubt he will see anything we send him there.
It's only been active since 2011, give it time. Trust the process!
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

User avatar
Wormwood
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:30 pm

Re: Game Day: Suns (18-39) @ Warriors (43-13), Mon 2/12/18

Post by Wormwood » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:15 pm

Wormwood wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I think not even Elfrid Payton can save us in this game. It could get very, very ugly.
Barring an unexpected Norovirus outbreak in the GS locker room, I think this one's out of reach.
Given how bad this was, I think we still might have lost even if the entire GS team spent the game barfing and defecating uncontrollably every few minutes.

User avatar
djy2j
Posts: 1071
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:10 am

Re: Game Day: Suns (18-39) @ Warriors (43-13), Mon 2/12/18

Post by djy2j » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:45 pm

Superbone wrote:I really don't get why so many are upset at this loss. Yeah, it was a huge blowout but our team is at half mast playing one of the best NBA teams of all time. To me, this game was much better than the San Antonio blowout. At least the team executed better until garbage time.
Our roster is trash, our overall effort is trash, our offense is trash, our defense is trash. We had a player who was hot the first quarter else this would have been a historical point differential blow out loss. Seriously this would have went in the history books if not for Elfrid Payton's monster first half. Triano's speech at the beginning of his tenure was, "We're going to teach these guys how to compete." So far they have not been able to to even that. This about more than losing by 40 to a good team.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

User avatar
Marty [Mori Chu]
Posts: 8541
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Game Day: Suns (18-39) @ Warriors (43-13), Mon 2/12/18

Post by Marty [Mori Chu] » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:11 pm

Superbone wrote:I really don't get why so many are upset at this loss. Yeah, it was a huge blowout but our team is at half mast playing one of the best NBA teams of all time. To me, this game was much better than the San Antonio blowout. At least the team executed better until garbage time.
I also don't get how some of the same people eagerly tracking and rooting for us to have the league's #1 worst record, posting "tank-a-thon" tweets and images, openly drooling over the hope of getting the #1 pick, etc., are also upset when we lose by 40 to the champs. You can't really have the one without making it likely that you'll have the other. If your team is the worst in the league, you aren't going to hold prime GSW tight and then get a narrow loss. You're going to get blown out. Or, put another way, if you have enough talent on your team to hold the champs and Spurs close for 48 minutes, you're going to get way more than 18 wins by the All-Star break.

Post Reply