SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/487726011149086720

Lord help me, I kind of agree with Gambo...
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Gross, as I tweeted him, there is no upside paying Frye til the age of 35. None.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

SpecialSauce...blast from the past.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Isaiah Thomas "Scouting Video" -

Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

carey

Post by carey »

Listening to Gambo now... saying there has to be another domino to fall. Just way too much money for a backup PG when you just drafted Ennis. Everyone thinks Ennis will eventually be a starter, why give Thomas so much money? If we keep Bledsoe this move makes no sense to me. The only other thing I can think is we're letting Gerald Green go? Otherwise I see absolutely no minutes for Goodwin or Ennis.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Gross, as I tweeted him, there is no upside paying Frye til the age of 35. None.
Agreed.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts

TOO

Post by TOO »

carey wrote:Listening to Gambo now... saying there has to be another domino to fall. Just way too much money for a backup PG when you just drafted Ennis. Everyone thinks Ennis will eventually be a starter, why give Thomas so much money? If we keep Bledsoe this move makes no sense to me. The only other thing I can think is we're letting Gerald Green go? Otherwise I see absolutely no minutes for Goodwin or Ennis.
Isnt this Greens final year of his deal? He could very easily be on his way out.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

We have to be in play for a SF or PF with maybe Bledsoe as bait. Maybe S+T Bledsoe for Monroe?

carey

Post by carey »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Isnt this Greens final year of his deal? He could very easily be on his way out.
It is. Still, I would rather one year of Green than 4 years of Thomas, at this point. I'll wait until I see the roster on day 1 of training camp, but right now I'm not a fan of this move.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I love the player, it just doesn't make sense with this current roster. Has to be something with the Bledshow. Maybe he wants the Max and Mcdonaugh is saying no way.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Why would IT2 choose us over a team like Dallas where he'd get more mins only competting with Devin Harris and Felton? Or Miami? has to of been told about another move
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Supposedly he wants to be a starter or have a legit chance to start, which won't be the case now as is. Right now, he's a super 6th man. But yea, he could've talked to Miami or Milwaukee.

Word is that our vision remains with Bledsoe and Dragic and Thomas off the bench to give us a dangerous backcourt. I don't disagree, I just don't want to see Goodwin get held back.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Last Season -

Thomas - 34.7 Min, 20.3 Pts, 45.3 FG%, 34.9 3P%, 85.0 FT%, 2.9 Reb, 6.3 Ast, 1.3 Stl
Dragic - 35.1 Min, 20.3 Pts, 50.5 FG%, 40.8 3P%, 76.0 FT%, 2.3 Reb, 5.9 Ast, 1.4 Stl
Bledsoe - 32.9 Min, 17.7 Pts, 47.7 FG%, 35.7 3P%, 77.2 FT%, 4.1 Reb, 5.5 Ast, 1.6 Stl
Green - 28.4 Min, 15.8 Pts, 44.5 FG%, 40.0 3P%, 84.7 FT%, 3.4 Reb, 1.5 Ast, 0.9 Stl

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote: A guy that just put 20ppg for 7m? Thats a wal mart price for him, how does Sac not pay 1m more per to keep him over Collison? Incredible.
He's not a starting PG in this league though. You're comfortable paying your 3rd/4th G $7m/yr? I'm really interested in seeing what move is next. You gotta think Goodwin is scratching his head. Ennis too.
That guard rotation is going to be nasty! Balls out for 48 minutes. The other teams aren't going to know what hit them.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

ShelC wrote:Supposedly he wants to be a starter or have a legit chance to start, which won't be the case now as is. Right now, he's a super 6th man. But yea, he could've talked to Miami or Milwaukee.

Word is that our vision remains with Bledsoe and Dragic and Thomas off the bench to give us a dangerous backcourt. I don't disagree, I just don't want to see Goodwin get held back.
Green and Goodwin can both be 2/3 swings imo. If Archie is good enough to play, he'll play. No doubt in my mind.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Green and Goodwin can both be 2/3 swings imo. If Archie is good enough to play, he'll play. No doubt in my mind.
If he's made as big a step forward as we're led to believe by the reports on his summer progress, they'll make room for him somehow.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
ShelC wrote:Supposedly he wants to be a starter or have a legit chance to start, which won't be the case now as is. Right now, he's a super 6th man. But yea, he could've talked to Miami or Milwaukee.

Green and Goodwin can both be 2/3 swings imo. If Archie is good enough to play, he'll play. No doubt in my mind.
Green at 3 was a nightmare early on this past season - I can only hope that he'll be in a pending trade package to help free up the now-massive guard logjam.....

TOO

Post by TOO »

Green at any position defensively was a nightmare, dude is a turnstile. Offensively I think the whole position thing is fluid with how we run, so I think we'll be ok.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Green at any position defensively was a nightmare, dude is a turnstile. Offensively I think the whole position thing is fluid with how we run, so I think we'll be ok.
Can't argue with the former - on the latter, the man was neutered on both ends.....

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Not to mention Ennis, who seemed like a curious pick at the time of the draft and even more so now, if all the guards are kept.