Isaiah Thomas to Suns in Sign and Trade

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Isaiah Thomas to Suns in Sign and Trade

Post by In2ition »

SDC wrote:
Superbone wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Ennis will be developed in Bakersfield. Problem solved, hello farm system.

https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/487742231051526144

i see the clever wording there, coro. suns wont have to deal bledsoe, they might just not resign or match his contract anymore.

and i wish the nba has a loan system where a team like the suns can loan their players to other nba teams (for example suns loaning ennis to NYK, a team that has PG needs) instead of relying on d-league teams.
The loan system is kind of cool. I agree with that.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

We can loan them to the D-League. If a guy gets hurt playing for someone else, we get screwed.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

carey wrote:
SwingMan wrote:
Credit where credit is due, TOO - well played, sir. 8-)
FYI, TOO posted that after Coro tweeted that. :p
Way to snark - no way in hell you're good news for a Friday.....

da_suns_fan

Post by da_suns_fan »

Thomas shoots well from 2 and decent enough from three. He gets to the free throw line a good amount and shoots a great percentage. His point per shot last year was 1.34 (very, very good). Hes a good penetrator and passer.

The only knock against him is that hes short. I think the contract is a pretty good value.

The only worry I have is if theres enough shots for him to be effective. He's not gonna get 20 shots a game anymore.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

da_suns_fan wrote:Thomas shoots well from 2 and decent enough from three. He gets to the free throw line a good amount and shoots a great percentage. His point per shot last year was 1.34 (very, very good). Hes a good penetrator and passer.

The only knock against him is that hes short. I think the contract is a pretty good value.

The only worry I have is if theres enough shots for him to be effective. He's not gonna get 20 shots a game anymore.
The funny thing is that he was measured 5'9" without shoes and 5'10 1/2" in them. He really could have been listed as 5'11", which doesn't sound quite as bad.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

SDC wrote:
Superbone wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Ennis will be developed in Bakersfield. Problem solved, hello farm system.

i see the clever wording there, coro. suns wont have to deal bledsoe, they might just not resign or match his contract anymore.
Also (just to play devil's advocate) there's no mention of Dragic in Coro's tweet.

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Love the move! Insurance if we can resign Goran or Bledsoe, great if we have to play him as a backup -we would have 2 "starters" at guard all the time. And we're not overspending!!!

TOO

Post by TOO »

In2ition wrote:
da_suns_fan wrote:Thomas shoots well from 2 and decent enough from three. He gets to the free throw line a good amount and shoots a great percentage. His point per shot last year was 1.34 (very, very good). Hes a good penetrator and passer.

The funny thing is that he was measured 5'9" without shoes and 5'10 1/2" in them. He really could have been listed as 5'11", which doesn't sound quite as bad.

He and Dragic both took around the same # of shots per game, just saying.

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

[tweet]@Isaiah_Thomas2 On behalf of the city of Sacramento and on behalf of Kings fans, we owe a debt of gratitude to you.[/tweet]

[tweet]@Isaiah_Thomas2 Looking forward to seeing you play in Phoenix. Don't act like you don't know me when I come to see you. :)[/tweet]

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

KJ's the man.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

carey

Post by carey »

Furlanfufi wrote:[tweet]@Isaiah_Thomas2 On behalf of the city of Sacramento and on behalf of Kings fans, we owe a debt of gratitude to you.[/tweet]

[tweet]@Isaiah_Thomas2 Looking forward to seeing you play in Phoenix. Don't act like you don't know me when I come to see you. :)[/tweet]
You don't copy the tweet, you actually copy the link to the tweet (the whole status update w/ URL and everything.)
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SDC

Post by SDC »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:We can loan them to the D-League. If a guy gets hurt playing for someone else, we get screwed.
that's the risk of getting playing time, getting experience and playing in the best bball league in the world.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Gladiator wrote:
SDC wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Also (just to play devil's advocate) there's no mention of Dragic in Coro's tweet.
because i think dragic is in the safe category now, more than unsigned bledsoe or rookie ennis.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

carey wrote:
Furlanfufi wrote:[tweet]@Isaiah_Thomas2 On behalf of the city of Sacramento and on behalf of Kings fans, we owe a debt of gratitude to you.[/tweet]

You don't copy the tweet, you actually copy the link to the tweet (the whole status update w/ URL and everything.)
Boy, you're on a roll today.....

carey

Post by carey »

SwingMan wrote: Boy, you're on a roll today.....
By helping him figure out how to do it? Yeah, I'm a huge asshole.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

carey wrote:
Hey - you said it.....

carey

Post by carey »

SwingMan wrote:
carey wrote:
Hey - you said it.....
Screw off Swingy. Don't know what your problem is but you've been a dick for a while man.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

carey wrote:
SwingMan wrote:
carey wrote:
Hey - you said it.....
Screw off Swingy. Don't know what your problem is but you've been a dick for a while man.
If you can't take it, don't dish it. ;)

carey

Post by carey »

SwingMan wrote:
carey wrote:
SwingMan wrote:
carey wrote:
Hey - you said it.....
If you can't take it, don't dish it. ;)
That's the thing, I haven't dished anything. I helped a dude figure out how to use the tweet option. I pointed out TOO was relaying Coro's information not being a prophet. Then you jump on me for no reason. If anyone's the asshole it's you dude.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

carey wrote:That's the thing, I haven't dished anything. I helped a dude figure out how to use the tweet option. I pointed out TOO was relaying Coro's information not being a prophet. Then you jump on me for no reason. If anyone's the asshole it's you dude.
So - your wanna-be correction-nazi bit earlier jumping in out of left field was nothing? Or would you just prefer it be nothing? ;)

Look - just lay off that kind of dishing and I won't kick it back into play, cool? I'm just as much a Golden Rule guy as the next person is, but if you dish me bullshit, don't be offended when I dish it right back, is all.