SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Ring_Wanted

Re: SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if we were talking to Philly about Thaddus Young. He would make sense here and Philadelphia is in tank mode again.
Young for the Morrii was discussed during the season. I was never in love with the idea but now it could be a nice option. With Frye gone there is room for one PF and we have a number of redundant/expendable pieces. I'd like a consolidation kind of move.

TJ's minutes would suffer, though.

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

INFORMER wrote:S&T Bledsoe to Miami for Norris Cole and the draft rights to James Ennis, then move Cole to Houston for Motiejunas and a 2nd rounder.
and have to players named Ennis? lol no thanks :)
~~~~~

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

They could do a lot worse than pay Bledsoe to put next to Wade
Awesome injury potential there.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

TOO

Post by TOO »

INFORMER wrote:S&T Bledsoe to Miami for Norris Cole and the draft rights to James Ennis, then move Cole to Houston for Motiejunas and a 2nd rounder.
I know Ennis was your guy, but I think that is terrible value for Bledsoe.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I really just look at it as getting something useful for a player I would rather let walk for free than pay a big salary.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I think that is more hoping youre getting something useful for Bledsoe. I dont want to max the kid either, but if the s&t market is dry. I think I 'd rather pay him for 4 years and hope he evolves into a max player. Health permitting, I dont think he's far off tbh.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I'm still pretty shocked Bledsoe hasn't been linked to anyone else yet. It would seem like a good omen for us re-signing him for less or it could mean other teams have asked and they have been told he is getting the max from us and is just waiting to sign it until we are done looking at trades.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

What would you guys think of trading for Ilyasova if all else fails? i wouldn't give up any assets for him. just trade him into our space.

carey

Post by carey »

I was thinking about that today. It's nearing the time where we should be hearing *something* about Bledsoe other than "we intend to re-sign him."

I believe the Lakers & maybe Milwaukee are the only teams that could offer him the max now that Miami signed Deng.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

carey wrote:I was thinking about that today. It's nearing the time where we should be hearing *something* about Bledsoe other than "we intend to re-sign him."
It's funny, I was coming on here to post almost exactly that. I'm starting to get genuinely intrigued by what's going on with Bledsoe. Either we've got something in the works trade-wise, or we're playing a game of chicken of sorts, waiting for him to get an offer and hoping it's low enought that we're comfortable to pay it. With all the guards on our roster, it could go either way.

SDC

Post by SDC »

my hunch is that mcdo wants bledsoe to take a max offer from any team. my other hunch is that bledsoe would rather take a max offer from a team like atlanta.
Last edited by SDC on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Speak of the Devil:

https://twitter.com/NBATALK2435/status/488879191425683458

SDC

Post by SDC »

wonder how much money he will get from the heat?

carey

Post by carey »

The Heat don't have any money to spend. With Wade's cap hold, Bosh getting 20M, Deng getting 10M and the McBob and Granger contracts they can't even give him 12M per let alone a max contract for 5th year player.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

sign and trade w/ Miami for Michael Beasley :twisted:

Bledsoe in Miami makes no sense, but honestly I am really suprised that he has not gotten an offersheet... Gordon Hayward got a huge offer, and Bledsoe hasnt.. makes me think teams are not that on him... makes sense he only has had 1/2 of a good season under his belt thus far, Lowry is more proven and didnt get a max deal.
~~~~~

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Bledsoe will be a member of the Miami Heat next season.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

carey

Post by carey »

Bledsoe in Miami makes a LOT of sense. I thought I heard they re-signed Chalmers tho and with Cole & Napier the PG spot would be a bit crowded. He's much better than all those guys combined tho.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SDC

Post by SDC »

carey wrote:The Heat don't have any money to spend. With Wade's cap hold, Bosh getting 20M, Deng getting 10M and the McBob and Granger contracts they can't even give him 12M per let alone a max contract for 5th year player.
he'll take less money to sign with the heat this year. how much money can the heat give bledsoe?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

SDC wrote:
carey wrote:The Heat don't have any money to spend. With Wade's cap hold, Bosh getting 20M, Deng getting 10M and the McBob and Granger contracts they can't even give him 12M per let alone a max contract for 5th year player.
he'll take less money to sign with the heat this year. how much money can the heat give bledsoe?
It doesn't matter. He's restricted. If he agrees to a lower offer with the Heat, we'll just match it.

I honestly think the FO did an effective job of scaring other teams away from making offers. They've played the process pretty perfectly. Now Bledsoe has no leverage.

Kerrsed

Post by Kerrsed »

Its not Bledsoe, its Deng. The guy who originally tweeted the picture corrected himself.

https://twitter.com/rhertan/status/488875643619139584