Prognosticate on Alex Len!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Charlie Smithy!

Prognosticate on Alex Len!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

So, this is probably thread-worthy...Ish (oh!!!), but I figured with his latest broken finger, why not open this topic up to the masses and see where the majority falls.

Traditionally, big men take longer to develop, so that does give me hope. However, I *really* want something more than Robin Lopez, Big Jake, or even my favorite Suns center of all time, Mah-cheek Lompay!

At any rate, do you think Alex is going to end up being a homeless man's Tim Duncan or did we basically pick another Robin Lopez...just ten spots higher?

Or, maybe (likely) Lexy will be somewhere in between.

Lettuce hope he at least avoids the realm of William Bedford.

Go with your inner in2ition on this one guys! :mrgreen:

Superbone

Re: Prognosticate on Alex Len!

Post by Superbone »

I don't think he'll ever be great but he could be very good. Unfortunately, he is not a natural rebounder so he fits right in with the Suns. ;) I see his potential as a shot blocking scorer. He moves very well for his size. I hope he continues to work on his defense and his rebounding because that is what will take him to the next level. But yes, big men do take longer so I'm willing to give him time. I really hope he's not injury prone but early signs are not good.

Unfortunately, not taking Noel may end up as one of those continuous Suns fans' conversations through the years. INF appears to have been correct on this pick but all we can do is give him a chance now.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

I'll have an answer when he's 25.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

I've still got high hopes for Len. If he gets a clear run at it with injury I think he can be very good. Obviously that's looking like a big if right now, but as disappointing as it is, I wouldn't freak out over a finger injury.

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

He's still very young with too much upside.

At least it's a finger injury and not his feet or ankles again.
Phoenix Suns 2024-25 NBA Champions !

Robot

Post by Robot »

He will be good at having 2 seasons of barely playing due to injury and one decent contract year where he will average around 8ppg 5rpg and 2 blocks then get overpaid and then shatter into a million pieces .

- R

Cap

Post by Cap »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I'll have an answer when he's 25.
And playing for another team.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

What's up with that Dragic avatar pic, TOO? Looks like he been put through the ringer and then somebody stuck his head in a hornets' nest.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

What's up with you Smithy, calling me out? I've never apologized for liking Len. I am not going to run away from thinking he was the best prospect prior to the draft either. I certainly didn't do anything to convince McDonough to draft him, and I've always said that it will take him time to get stronger and develop. Why are you so eager to call him a bust so you can throw it in my face and call me dead wrong? I don't get it. I'm just a Suns fan, just like you and I understand everyone has their own opinion on talent evaluations.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:What's up with you Smithy, calling me out? I've never apologized for liking Len. I am not going to run away from thinking he was the best prospect prior to the draft either. I certainly didn't do anything to convince McDonough to draft him, and I've always said that it will take him time to get stronger and develop. Why are you so eager to call him a bust so you can throw it in my face and call me dead wrong? I don't get it. I'm just a Suns fan, just like you and I understand everyone has their own opinion on talent evaluations.
I think you're taking it too personally. My impression was it was all in good fun.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

In2ition wrote:What's up with you Smithy, calling me out? I've never apologized for liking Len. I am not going to run away from thinking he was the best prospect prior to the draft either. I certainly didn't do anything to convince McDonough to draft him, and I've always said that it will take him time to get stronger and develop. Why are you so eager to call him a bust so you can throw it in my face and call me dead wrong? I don't get it. I'm just a Suns fan, just like you and I understand everyone has their own opinion on talent evaluations.
I don't recall anyone throwing something in your face. I must have missed it. Anyway, I'm with you mate. I still have high hopes for the dude. Love his length and he's pretty active trying to alter shots in the lane. I'm not worried offensively.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
[ Image ]

What's up with that Dragic avatar pic, TOO? Looks like he been put through the ringer and then somebody stuck his head in a hornets' nest.
Lol, its from last year.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
I think you're taking it too personally. My impression was it was all in good fun.
You're probably right, it just happened to be the second time he's mentioned me in association with how he thinks Len is already a bust, so I was just wondering what was up with that.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Charlie Smithy!

Umm...wow, haha.

I apologize, in2.

I realize this is probably the second time I've mentioned you & Len, I assumed (wrongly obviously) that you knew I was just joking and that I actually respected your take on Len, which I do.

FTR, I didn't mind the Len pick at all; I thought about Noel, but was kinda scared off by his knee injury and frame.

Time will tell on both of those individuals (and obviously that draft as a whole as well).

You have my word that this thread was and is the last time I will mention you & Alex Len.

Edit: Just saw your post, not sure where I ever mentioned that I thought Len was/is a bust; granted I did say something like, "#5 picklol!" but (again) in my mind I was hyperbolizing (is that even a word?) the broken finger with his draft status. Faux exasperation if you will.

One of the damn shames about the internet is that it can be a (understandable) bitch when it comes to conveying one's tone in one's words.

One's.

EDC

Post by EDC »

I'm glad we have a thread just for Len. Now we can fill this up with all the little things about the 2nd year rookie that drive us all insane.

On that note did you see the way he was sitting on the bench tonight? There was a play when we scored and he didn't even clap or stand up. He is definitely a bad seed but this isn't surprising. We have all heard the stories about him being a locker room cancer.

Really this is all Sarver's fault. He knew if they drafted him us fans would get so tired of him that he could trade him away and he wouldn't have to pay the salary of a fifth pick.

This is fun. We should have one of these for Goodwin and TJ as well.

Charlie Smithy!

Lol, EDC, you slay me!

EDC

Post by EDC »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:Lol, EDC, you slay me!
:)

On a more serious note I can't wait for this kid to improve. Which hopefully he will but I don't have high hopes for a huge breakout this season. I think he will take a bit.

The good news is TJ looks like he might be able to step right in and make a difference.

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

Shame about the injured pinky, but as others have said at least it's not his ankles or feet!
Missing both summer leagues and last years camp will set him back so his development is looking another year on top of the usual wait.
I think he will be good to very good, better than our recent incarnations at centre depending on his feet. I'm worried that he won't become great though due to his rebounding.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

He's made of glass and he doesn't try hard.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

If Len were a literary work, he'd be "Waiting for Godot" ...
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?