Around the League: July 2014

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Furlanfufi

Re: Around the League: July 2014

Post by Furlanfufi »

https://twitter.com/ChrisPalmerNBA/status/489355443550961665

Wow. I don't even think the Hornets overpayed.

SDC

Post by SDC »

hornets signs another guard? let's see... holliday, tyreke, gordon, lance! brilliant!

btw, how are you feeling right now fufi?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Nah this is the Charlotte Hornets, formerly Bobcats. They have a tough NYC backcourt now with Lance and Kemba. Not a bad roster, they just have to make the pieces fit.

I don't know what Lance is thinking, but he essentially took the same money to go to Charlotte. Less even because it's a shorter deal, with a TO after 2 years. He turned down 44 over 5 from the Pacers. Maybe he just wanted out of Indy?

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

That's a good deal for them

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

SDC wrote:hornets signs another guard? let's see... holliday, tyreke, gordon, lance! brilliant!

SDC, I'm feeling well, why?

I like the move by the Hornets.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Furlanfufi wrote:
SDC wrote:hornets signs another guard? let's see... holliday, tyreke, gordon, lance! brilliant!

My guess is that he's referring to the world cup.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Your naming the Pelicans roster btw...
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Lance took less money and fewer years so that he can sign a bigger deal once the new TV deal starts. Solid signing for Hornets if he stays sane.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

It's almost the same money and he could've taken less years in Indy as well. I think he wanted out of Indy altogether. We'll see how they respond, but I think they're on the way down.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

ShelC wrote:It's almost the same money and he could've taken less years in Indy as well. I think he wanted out of Indy altogether. We'll see how they respond, but I think they're on the way down.
He's a headcase, but the money was right. If I was Indiana I was going to dump of money on him either.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

If he behaves the Bobcats got a very good deal. Probably movable too even if he implodes.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think Indy will get along fine without Lance. He's too much of a headcase for that team, and I think he wouldn't have been able to grow up there. This is probably for the best for all parties involved.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Here is an interesting (long) article about Daryl Morey of the Rockets. It basically bashes and questions him. I don't know if I agree with it, but here it is.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Saw this on reddit. Marcin Gortat goes on the local news to report on his own re-signing with the Wiz. LOL.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/video/#!/b ... /267262861

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I think Indy will get along fine without Lance. He's too much of a headcase for that team, and I think he wouldn't have been able to grow up there. This is probably for the best for all parties involved.
I'm not so sure about that. Indy now needs to replace his defense, scoring and athleticism. He did a lot for them. And if he couldn't grow up there, with those players, coaches and FO guys around him, I fear he's going to regress in charlotte. I think he's going to Charlotte thinking he's going to be the man, which may not work out so well.

carey

Post by carey »

Hornets have made some interesting additions.

5 man unit of Kemba-Lance-MKG-Williams-Big AL isn't the worst thing in the East at all. Then you got some intriguing young guys in PJ Hairston and Vonleh. You also have Biyombo still around and the good Zeller brother. They could have a pretty decent year.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

This is very interesting and a year too late for us:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-l ... is-coming/

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Furlanfufi wrote:

Oh, if it is about that, I'm feeling rather fine. Funny to say it, but even if I root for the brazilian team, I don't feel any identification with the team anymore, not like when I was a child.

And if you're on facebook, that game with Germany was the most hilarious time of the year.

Brazilian football needs an urgent reform (so does a lot of other areas, btw), but I rather watch the Suns win a chapionship than watch Brazil win another WC.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Damn, man, that's saying a lot!

Die hard suns fans to the end!

SDC

Post by SDC »

Furlanfufi wrote:
Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Furlanfufi wrote:

Oh, if it is about that, I'm feeling rather fine. Funny to say it, but even if I root for the brazilian team, I don't feel any identification with the team anymore, not like when I was a child.

And if you're on facebook, that game with Germany was the most hilarious time of the year.

Brazilian football needs an urgent reform (so does a lot of other areas, btw), but I rather watch the Suns win a chapionship than watch Brazil win another WC.
ah... okay.