2018 Suns Offseason News

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
jonh

Re: 2018 Suns Offseason News

Post by jonh »

By the way, I couldn't find the offseason prediction thread, but I predict that we start the season with Warren, Jackson, & Bridges all on the roster. It feels too McD-like to try and take of having too many redundant players at one position in the offseason.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Haven't Houston, Boston and GSW shown us and the league that you nearly can't have enough wings? I just don't see Warren, Bridges, and Jackson as too many.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

carey

Post by carey »

Would you like to read about Josh Jackson? Sure you would! https://www.slamonline.com/nba/on-the-r ... h-jackson/
“It’s a pair of underwear I wear whenever I feel like I need to have a good day,” Jackson explains. “They’re money print. There’s hundred dollar bills over them. I’ve had them since junior high school. I feel like every time I’ve worn them, something good has happened. It’s gotten to the point where I’ve started to choose days when I would wear them. Because I honestly feel like they might be lucky.”
He is also focused on his ball-handling, as he plans on playing some point guard moving forward.
Uh... is that also the team's plan?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

carey wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:39 pm
Would you like to read about Josh Jackson? Sure you would! https://www.slamonline.com/nba/on-the-r ... h-jackson/
“It’s a pair of underwear I wear whenever I feel like I need to have a good day,” Jackson explains. “They’re money print. There’s hundred dollar bills over them. I’ve had them since junior high school. I feel like every time I’ve worn them, something good has happened. It’s gotten to the point where I’ve started to choose days when I would wear them. Because I honestly feel like they might be lucky.”
Look good, play good. It's really simple.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

carey wrote:
He is also focused on his ball-handling, as he plans on playing some point guard moving forward.
Well I guess that problem is solved:

PG Jackson
SG Booker
SF Bridges
PF Warren
C Ayton

:lol:
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Jackson and Warren with three pointers would make them both so deadly.

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:55 pm
carey wrote:
Well I guess that problem is solved:

PG Jackson
SG Booker
SF Bridges
PF Warren
C Ayton

:lol:

jonh

Post by jonh »

In case you woke up this morning and thought "I would like to be angry at someone today":

Stephen A gets me every time. Its like God went through and hand-picked all of the traits/characteristics that I dislike about people and then gave it a face and called it Stephen A.

Couple of other articles. This one is a rumor from a less-than-credible source about the Suns pursuing marcus smart:
https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2018 ... young-core

This one reflects on McD's willingness to stick to the draft plan.
https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2018 ... -the-draft

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

jonh wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:36 am
In case you woke up this morning and thought "I would like to be angry at someone today":

Stephen A gets me every time. Its like God went through and hand-picked all of the traits/characteristics that I dislike about people and then gave it a face and called it Stephen A.

Couple of other articles. This one is a rumor from a less-than-credible source about the Suns pursuing marcus smart:
https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2018 ... young-core

This one reflects on McD's willingness to stick to the draft plan.
https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2018 ... -the-draft
Well that is one reason to look at his blabbering, if you just wanna be pissed off smh lol
ESPN on a whole just really isn't worth watching. I would have never guessed Streaming would have been such a life saver :lol:
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

The headline I am most interested in reading this off-season is "Warren in gym working out feverishly to improve his three point shooting."

I'm sure we are interested in signing Capela. Unless Houston goes all in on Lebron I see Houston matching anything anyone throws at him. I don't see us being interested in Cousins.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

jonh

Post by jonh »

djy2j wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:36 am
The headline I am most interested in reading this off-season is "Warren in gym working out feverishly to improve his three point shooting."

I'm sure we are interested in signing Capela. Unless Houston goes all in on Lebron I see Houston matching anything anyone throws at him. I don't see us being interested in Cousins.
Why would we go after Capela after drafting Ayton?

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

jonh wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:48 am
djy2j wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:36 am

Why would we go after Capela after drafting Ayton?
Because we have the same GM that put Dragic, IT, and Bledsoe on a team. I don't put anything past this guy when it comes to signing players. I am not advocating we do it. Just saying remember where we come from.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I wouldn't mind Smart as our PG FA target. His defense would complement Booker's game well. I think he could help teach the team defensive intensity.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

jonh

Post by jonh »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:19 am
I wouldn't mind Smart as our PG FA target. His defense would complement Booker's game well. I think he could help teach the team defensive intensity.
I would not like Smart on a $14 million contract. I would much rather bring back Dragic as a rental than pay for the PGs on the market right now.

Indy

Post by Indy »

jonh wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:41 am
Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:19 am
I would not like Smart on a $14 million contract. I would much rather bring back Dragic as a rental than pay for the PGs on the market right now.
Considering he hits 3s at a 30% clip, I don't care how great his D is if he costs anywhere above MLE.

jonh

Post by jonh »

Has there been a lot of discussion about signing Milos Teodosic? I don't know almost anything about him, but he looked like an interesting option for a pass-first veteran point guard that wouldn't break the bank.

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

jonh wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:53 am
Has there been a lot of discussion about signing Milos Teodosic? I don't know almost anything about him, but he looked like an interesting option for a pass-first veteran point guard that wouldn't break the bank.
His defense is atrocious. His shooting is average at best. Passing is excellence. Ball handling ok. Lacks discipline. Decision making is questionable at times. Tries to be the hero too much. I say don't bother with Milos.
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:43 pm
carey wrote:
Look good, play good. It's really simple.
You forgot feel good. BTW, you look marvelous!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

jonh wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:53 am
He picked up his player option, so would have to be a trade

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I've been thinking this for awhile, at least during the season, but after the draft more so. I think the Suns should make Tyreke Evans their top target.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass