Around the League: Week 16 1/28-2/3

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: Around the League: Week 16 1/28-2/3

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:43 pm
Indy wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:07 pm
sorry, wasn't trying to pour salt on any open wounds. Saw all the KP talk in here and didn't get to the other thread before posting this.
Apparently Gambo came out & said that we offered them #4 and both Miami picks ahead of the draft that year & NY turned it down. So Woj has some of the facts but he's off a bit. I imagine that came directly from Sarver.
I don't doubt that someone in the org told Gambo that, but I am more willing to believe Woj than someone like Sarver. Woj has nothing to gain. Everyone thinks Sarver is an awful owner, and he is trying to save face.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

There is no way the Knicks would have traded Porzingis for the rights to Josh Jackson. That is completely farcically lopsided. Even in his now injured state he still netted much more than that in trade. I call BS on that rumor.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:09 pm
There is no way the Knicks would have traded Porzingis for the rights to Josh Jackson. That is completely farcically lopsided. Even in his now injured state he still netted much more than that in trade. I call BS on that rumor.
Solid level headed take.

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:25 pm
carey wrote:
Indy wrote:
sorry, wasn't trying to pour salt on any open wounds. Saw all the KP talk in here and didn't get to the other thread before posting this.
Apparently Gambo came out & said that we offered them #4 and both Miami picks ahead of the draft that year & NY turned it down. So Woj has some of the facts but he's off a bit. I imagine that came directly from Sarver.
I don't doubt that someone in the org told Gambo that, but I am more willing to believe Woj than someone like Sarver. Woj has nothing to gain. Everyone thinks Sarver is an awful owner, and he is trying to save face.
I get that we are down on Sarver and rightfully so. That said, the JJ for Zinger swap Woj is reporting clearly came from NY's end so I tend to believe Gambo on this one. Just on value alone.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Come on, Indy.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Indy wrote:
carey wrote:
Indy wrote:
The same could be said about NY’s ownership

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

TOO

Post by TOO »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:41 pm
There is 0% reason to move him, unless he asks for it.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:28 pm
Split T wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:56 am
Supposedly Utah and Memphis are discussing a Rubio-Conley swap
Noooooooo! I hope we get Rubio from Utah. Send those guys a future 1st and TJ Warren and call it a day!
That would be a horrible trade. Come on Mori.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:38 pm
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:28 pm
Split T wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:56 am
Supposedly Utah and Memphis are discussing a Rubio-Conley swap
Noooooooo! I hope we get Rubio from Utah. Send those guys a future 1st and TJ Warren and call it a day!
That would be a horrible trade. Come on Mori.
I think he's joking INF, he's known on the board as having a man crush on Rubio.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Wormwood wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:53 am
Irving is on the market too, now.

If the Suns can't pull in a decent PG (Holiday, Irving, Ball), they're really not trying.
I don't think either statement is based in reality.

Irving isn't sure about resigning but he is going to resign with the Suns?! Come on.

The Lakers aren't moving Ball unless it is in concert with acquiring Anthony Davis. And that won't happen unless New Orleans is willing to deal with LA. So that isn't in the Suns hands.

Can Holiday be had? Possibly. But the Suns would have to give up a ton for him, and although he brings a lot to the table, it doesn't change the fact that he has a bloated contract and a horrific injury history.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Expect a circus when you hire clowns.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

You think Walton is a clown?

This probably all the ammunition Magic needs to send Walton packing.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

INFORMER wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:59 am
You think Walton is a clown?

This probably all the ammunition Magic needs to send Walton packing.
Walton is who you think of when Michael Beasley, Lance Stephenson and JaVale McGee are involved?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

No, just a little thrown off when you said "hire"...

SDC

Post by SDC »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:44 pm
Wormwood wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:53 am
Irving is on the market too, now.

If the Suns can't pull in a decent PG (Holiday, Irving, Ball), they're really not trying.
I don't think either statement is based in reality.

Irving isn't sure about resigning but he is going to resign with the Suns?! Come on.

The Lakers aren't moving Ball unless it is in concert with acquiring Anthony Davis. And that won't happen unless New Orleans is willing to deal with LA. So that isn't in the Suns hands.

Can Holiday be had? Possibly. But the Suns would have to give up a ton for him, and although he brings a lot to the table, it doesn't change the fact that he has a bloated contract and a horrific injury history.
even if the 3 way trade falls apart, theres still 50 50 chance lonzo goes to phx.

just imagine surrounding lonzo with shooters like book mikal tj (smallball 4) and ayton.

signing rose or Lin as backup/leader/closer.

then convincing teodosic to stay and sign a one yr deal and be the third string pg.

PERFECT.

Split T

Post by Split T »

50/50 chance? Where did you come up with that?

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Indy wrote:
carey wrote:
Indy wrote:
For what it's worth, Woj never said the trade would be a swap of KP and the 4th pick like Sidery tweets. Just that the pick would have to be included and our FO didn't want to trade it.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:19 pm
Indy wrote:
carey wrote:
Indy wrote:
The same could be said about NY’s ownership
You think that rumor makes the Knicks FO look good/better? It means they know they couldn't keep him, and that with his injuries his value around the league wasn't what it once was.

I would say Gambo reporting that the Knicks wanted JJ plus a ton of other picks, and the Knicks reporting they only asked for the #4 pick, the truth is somewhere in the middle, like always. But it drives me crazy when everyone here takes Sarver at his word (through his mouthpiece) when Woj literally makes millions on being accurate in his reporting, and reporting it before everyone else.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Hermen wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:14 pm
Indy wrote:
carey wrote:
Indy wrote:
For what it's worth, Woj never said the trade would be a swap of KP and the 4th pick like Sidery tweets. Just that the pick would have to be included and our FO didn't want to trade it.
Good point. Supposedly, for the Suns, the thing that broke off the trade was us not including JJ/#4 in the deal.