Suns News: September

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SDC

Re: Suns News: September

Post by SDC »

ben affleck looked good as matt murdoch in daredevil too. too bad there were no sequels to that movie.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

INFORMER wrote:
Wally_West wrote: Not a fan of Batfleck I take it? Well at least from the pics released he looks bad ass, especially the one I have as my profile. So far he is looking to be the most comic accurate Batman which is cool.
I groaned when I heard he was cast as Batman.

And liking how he looks in character is more a credit to Zack Snyder than it is Affleck himself.
While I agree that Snyder deserves tons of credit, Ben Affleck has pretty much final say on everything when it comes to Batman which is why he signed on in the first place. The dude even brought in his writer from Argo to re-write the whole script. Affleck is pretty hands on when it comes to this project probably because he doesn’t want repeat of Daredevil.

Also I'm sorry for turning this into a Batfleck discussion in the suns news thread. :D

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

SDC wrote:ben affleck looked good as matt murdoch in daredevil too. too bad there were no sequels to that movie.
His acting was not good in that movie. In general, I enjoyed it, but it was rife with problems. Too much of dialogue was either clunky or poorly delivered and some of the plot development was inexplicable. But I liked Colin Ferrell as Bullseye, Jennifer Garner looked great, and the movie was sufficiently dark.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

SDC wrote:ben affleck looked good as matt murdoch in daredevil too. too bad there were no sequels to that movie.
Wow. You may be the only person who's ever said they want a sequel of that turd.

carey

Post by carey »

INFORMER wrote: Ben is a very good director. I enjoyed his acting in The Town, but I felt the movie was horrifically unoriginal.
Wouldn't that be Chuck Hogan's fault? The adaptation changed very little from the book.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I thought The Town was pretty overrated, as was Argo. Entertaining movies, just overrated. Affleck was good in The Town. Also thought he overdid it with the "misunderstood loner/father/hero" thing in Argo.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Argofuckyourself
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

I keep coming to this thread, reading, then checking the thread title again.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JCSunsfan wrote:I keep coming to this thread, reading, then checking the thread title again.
It went from a joke about players, to actor fans, to this and took on a life of its own.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

Zoran Dragic coming to PHX. ZOKI!

Also, Gone Baby Gone was a killer movie with one of my all-time favorite endings.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2014/ ... c-with-his

Reports: Phoenix Suns very close to pairing Zoran Dragic with his brother Goran Dragic

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Xylus wrote:Zoran Dragic coming to PHX. ZOKI!

Also, Gone Baby Gone was a killer movie with one of my all-time favorite endings.
I guess I have a new movie to add to my queue. Never even heard of it.

"Be Legendary."

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Is this guy legitimate NBA talent or are we signing him so we can guarantee a resigning of Goran?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Honestly I wasn't impressed with what I saw of him. He seems like a fringe NBA player at best.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

LOL @ Suns signing another little / less-talented brother. I'm totally okay with the signing if it makes Goran happy. He's the core of our franchise, and I really really want him to re-sign with us next year.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I hope that we aren't signing him to just make Goran happy. I like Goran a lot and don't want to see him leave, but if he's the "core" of our franchise and it's best player(I'm not a hater and I apologize to all you Dragic lovers), then the Suns will be without a title for another decade.

Again, I agree with INF, Zoran is a fringe NBA guy. He was too slow last time I saw him, but if he's improved it, he might make a roster. I think he's a longshot to make the Suns though.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I really don't think the Suns are doing it just to appease Goran. I don't think they needed to. Zoran has some legitimate talent and he works hard on both ends of the court. Plus, he's feisty like his older brother. Time will tell but I think he can fit in well with this team.

Do we need another guard? That's debatable. How we're going to fit all these guys into the rotation is a good question.

"Be Legendary."

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Accumulation of assets.

But I think they're at the point now where they have to look at how well they fit together and how they can make deals to strengthen their weaknesses.

Bledsoe for Julius Randle might be a good place to start.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I have a feeling that Bledsoe is going to be traded for Dion Waiters and filler so that Cleveland can have the two pg lineup and perimeter defense to cover for Irving. This will also allow them to have their 4 stars too.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass