2014 FIBA World Cup

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: 2014 FIBA World Cup

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:When Bogdan Bogdanovic comes over and becomes a Sun, what should his nickname be?

- Thunder Bodgan
- Bogdan^2
- Bogs
- The Boggeyman
- The Boggenator

etc.?
I just hope he doesn't Bogdan the offense.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

SDC wrote:did you watch france vs spain? by public address announcer, i meant somebody like jeff munn of the suns

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Munn
Oh, got it now, but have no idea who is the speaker. The one time I went to that stadium it was to watch Real Madrid and the announcer spoke in spanish. The voice in english seems different so maybe FIBA forces you to do the games in english so most people can understand, but I don't know for sure.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

SDC wrote:france vs serbia is must watch basketball.
It was a good game. I thought that Bogdan looked pretty good too. France had a hard time guarding him in the 4th when I was watching it.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

SDC

Post by SDC »

Mori Chu wrote:When Bogdan Bogdanovic comes over and becomes a Sun, what should his nickname be?

- Thunder Bodgan
- Bogdan^2
- Bogs
- The Boggeyman
- The Boggenator

etc.?
bogs or bogbog

SDC

Post by SDC »

i notice that bogs is part of serbia's 4th qtr five.

SDC

Post by SDC »

how is it that teodosic (the serbian steph) is not in the nba yet? if i were milwaukee, i'd offer him 3/24 just to pry him out of europe.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

I like what I saw from Bogdan in the 4th against France. Some nice shots, aggressive drives, good poise. Something to work with there. Think we was drafted in about the right spot. See him as a very solid role players for the suns. Interesting to see what happens in the next two years. Mind you the Serbs front court looks to be full of plodders which might make the final not so interesting.

SDC

Post by SDC »

the question is, who's going to defend the serbian steph? USA's best perimeter defenders are derozan and klay t. i dont think they are comparable to a nic batum hounding teodosic.

SDC

Post by SDC »

the suns fans have two good reasons to watch serbia vs USA.

1) bogs (robin)
2) the serbian steph (batman)

hope teodosic goes nuts vs US perimeter defense.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Without any athletic bigs, I can just see the US ramping up the trapping up top. And Faried should have a good day. I thought the US would have had a harder time France and someone like Goubert keeping them a little more accountable. The Serbian bigs took an awful lot of under pressure hook shots today. Some looked down right fugly.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Without any athletic bigs, I can just see the US ramping up the trapping up top.
if you want to press or trap, you need to have good perimeter defenders. since iggy is gone, steph, harden, irving, rose, derozan does not exactly inspire confidence in that dept. (although i hear klay is a good defender, we'll see).

it took a guy like batum to stop teodosic from taking more shots.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'd be surprised if it stays close for a half on Sunday. US will dominate.

"Be Legendary."

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

From the games I have watched, their perimeter defence has been good in spurts even at times when Harden has been on the floor. Enough to get put some score board pressure on the opponent. The competition in the last few games seems to lose its shit once they US starts to get their transition game going and their oppositions transition defence has been a sorry sight. They seem to want to get the lead back instantly rather than show any patience against the US. Lithuania looked good when they were getting to ball inside, not just to their bigs but their SF was having a good deal of success down there in the first half. But then they get down a little, the contested 3's start and the guards put their heads down and take overly aggressive drives to the hoop. Against some countries, farting around with the ball on the 3pt for 20 seconds and then hitting a overly difficult outside shot or charging blindly to the hoop can work but not against the US since they mop up the mistakes so much better.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Fran Fraschilla wrote:This kid Bogdanovic, you know, I wasn't in love with him around draft time, and he's really grown on me in this tournament. I think the Suns may have gotten a, I don't want to say a "steal." But you talk to people close to the Serbian team, they think Bogdanovic has the chance to be the next Teodosic, in the sense that he's going to be a high level international player. He already is a very good player. And the interesting thing about him is he had to play point guard all season for Partizan.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

SDC

Post by SDC »

what about a FIBA scouting report on dante exum?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
Fran Fraschilla wrote:This kid Bogdanovic, you know, I wasn't in love with him around draft time, and he's really grown on me in this tournament. I think the Suns may have gotten a, I don't want to say a "steal." But you talk to people close to the Serbian team, they think Bogdanovic has the chance to be the next Teodosic, in the sense that he's going to be a high level international player. He already is a very good player. And the interesting thing about him is he had to play point guard all season for Partizan.
So does that mean your opinion is changing as well? Last we heard from you, we didn't get the "good" Bogdanovic which implies we got the "bad" one.

"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

SDC wrote:what about a FIBA scouting report on dante exum?
According to Atlanta Hawks team of scouts, he has some “Australian” in him but not in a bad way. They compared him to a koala bear; he looks all nice and cuddly, and nurses in his young in a pouch but he would mess you up hardcore if you got near him.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Superbone wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
So does that mean your opinion is changing as well? Last we heard from you, we didn't get the "good" Bogdanovic which implies we got the "bad" one.
That implication is your own. My point was/is that, of the two, Bojan is the impact player; Bogdan is a marginal prospect and, at the NBA level, is a role player at best. My contention is, and has been, that there were better prospects available, which is becoming the theme of Ryan's draft selections.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
Superbone wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
That implication is your own. My point was/is that, of the two, Bojan is the impact player; Bogdan is a marginal prospect and, at the NBA level, is a role player at best. My contention is, and has been, that there were better prospects available, which is becoming the theme of Ryan's draft selections.
No, I don't think so. It's simple logic. If you had said Bojan was the "better" one, then you would be correct but you didn't. If Bojan is the "good" one, that implies that Bogdan is not a "good" one. Here endeth thy lesson.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wally_West wrote:
SDC wrote:what about a FIBA scouting report on dante exum?
According to Atlanta Hawks team of scouts, he has some “Australian” in him but not in a bad way. They compared him to a koala bear; he looks all nice and cuddly, and nurses in his young in a pouch but he would mess you up hardcore if you got near him.
LMAO! Nicely done.