Eric Bledsoe [RFA]

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: Eric Bledsoe [RFA]

Post by carey »

SDC wrote:i'd love it if the suns got trade exceptions.
What would we do with that? We're way way under the cap still. No one on our team even makes over $8Mil a year.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

SDC wrote:
Superbone wrote:I'll be happy to have this resolved. If we get anything decent it is a win. Bledsoe, get ready to get booed in Phoenix this season.
why boo him? strictly business, nothing personal.
yeah I don't have any reason to boo him.

Sent using Tapatalk

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

"Teams that are under the cap when initiating a trade cannot receive a trade exception, even if they end up over the cap as a result of the trade."
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

carey wrote:
INFORMER wrote: Because the Suns refused to pursue a sign and trade deal until the 11th hour; they underestimated the resolve (foolishness) of Bledsoe and his agent, and essentially miscalculated the entire situation.
We don't know that. I'd bet my house we've had talks with several teams over the last two months.
Ryan came out and said that the Suns were willing to listen but were not pursuing anything. And until August, that's what Coro had been reporting as well.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

SDC

Post by SDC »

if i get to unload crap contracts in return, even i would sign bledsoe for the max if that's the price i have to pay.

nobody with cap space back then wanted to offer him a max contract outright. it went to parsons and hayward instead.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

In2ition wrote:I think because it's a sign and trade offer, that the Suns either accept or not. I imagine that the Suns are a little tired of this, but I hope that they have more patience and foresight than Suns fans like myself, who is ready to get nearly anything and move on.
They are better off with Bledsoe in the QO than taking equivalent salary with multiple marginal players from Minny. They are not offering him the max. They are offloading overpaid unwanted players for a less overpaid wanted player. They will not be paying anymore salary in the end. Just walk away.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
SDC wrote:
Superbone wrote:I'll be happy to have this resolved. If we get anything decent it is a win. Bledsoe, get ready to get booed in Phoenix this season.

Sent using Tapatalk
Maybe you guys don't but there is no doubt if he were to get traded before the season starts, he'd get booed mightily upon his return.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

I wouldn't want Pekovic. Not great on either end (especially offense) and I would rather develop our young bigs than him. But there are always teams willing to overpay for size. Could be used in a multi team trade (if that's possible)

Robot

Post by Robot »

This is a BS set-up because of the Krunch relationship - they are trying to force Phoenix to up the offer or sign him to that deal rather than lose him 'for nothing' or take on a bunch of crap contracts that they KNOW they will not. This was like "Hey Flip, your on MY team right? Help us make this happen"

It also removes the idea that no team wants to offer EB a max contract. It's a complete sham.

I'm pretty sure this is akin to tampering

-R
Last edited by Robot on Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

It's a pretty weak attempt though. Wolves have no cap room. If there was any seriousness to this maybe Bledsoe would come out and say he wants to play there. I can't see how Paul gets future clients after this

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

INFORMER wrote:
carey wrote:
INFORMER wrote: Because the Suns refused to pursue a sign and trade deal until the 11th hour; they underestimated the resolve (foolishness) of Bledsoe and his agent, and essentially miscalculated the entire situation.
We don't know that. I'd bet my house we've had talks with several teams over the last two months.
Ryan came out and said that the Suns were willing to listen but were not pursuing anything. And until August, that's what Coro had been reporting as well.
You're entitled to have an opinion on how we should of been proactive in the Bledsoe sitch, but basing it on that statement is a giant reach. Whats he suppose to say? "We're trying to deal Bledsoe and want to do it sooner rather then later" That does nothing to help their situation and makes them look desperate. Mcdonaugh has handled this situation fine, the main holdup seems to be finding a team who Eric will play for and who thinks he is worth the max. There is nothing we can do to entice teams to offer EB the max, the stupid thing would be to torpedo are cap by taking a Kevin Martin/Pek for EB at the 11th hour. Personally I think he has eyes for the lakers and their cap space was eaten up he went into this tirade and has eyes for getting there next yr.

You have long said you don't want to re-sign EB and have been on record as saying he will demand the max and we will max him out. Then when we take a stance you are all over us for "mis-handling it". I get not liking what we did in the draft (I thought Ennis a bad pick as well) or if you disliked a contract signing, but your on record as saying you don't want EB back at the price he is demanding, and there is no known offer on the table besides the garbage Minny is asking for. You can't just snap your fingers and make a team offer Bledsoe what he wants.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

I'd consider taking some bad contracts, but only if it got us Wiggins. I'm a big fan of Rubio, though I think I'd like to avoid a potential repeat of the Bledsoe situation next year. I'd be really interested in seeing what a Thomas-Rubio backcourt could do while Dragic gets some rest though.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yeah, what a drag. At first I thought there was something legitimate here but it turns out it was just a play from the Bledsoe camp to make it look like somebody thinks he's worth the max from somebody that can't even afford the max without some garbage deal the Suns have no interest in.

"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

wpmiller42 wrote:...I'd like to avoid a potential repeat of the Bledsoe situation next year. I'd be really interested in seeing what a Thomas-Rubio backcourt could do while Dragic gets some rest though.
Agreed.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

This is why I do not want Ricky Rubio. The Suns have made their bread on collecting efficient players.

What "serious difficulty" really means is he's been historically feeble. Nobody in the three-point era has ever shot as poorly from the floor as Rubio while logging the same minutes and attempting as many field goals.

Cap

Post by Cap »

I do have to give Paul some credit. It wasn't long ago I was criticizing him for not doing anything for his client. I said he was supposed to work the phones and get offers for his client.

Now he has. This is a weak play, but it's a play. Instead of just sitting around waiting for his phone to ring and calling himself an agent, he did something. It won't accomplish much for his client, but at least I can no longer post on phx-suns.net that Paul is doing nothing at all, so he has accomplished that. Congratulations, Rich, you sure showed me.

carey

Post by carey »

Cap wrote:I do have to give Paul some credit. It wasn't long ago I was criticizing him for not doing anything for his client. I said he was supposed to work the phones and get offers for his client.

Now he has. This is a weak play, but it's a play. Instead of just sitting around waiting for his phone to ring and calling himself an agent, he did something. It won't accomplish much for his client, but at least I can no longer post on phx-suns.net that Paul is doing nothing at all, so he has accomplished that. Congratulations, Rich, you sure showed me.
I don't think Paul had anything to do with this. It was Termini all the way.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Cap wrote:I do have to give Paul some credit. It wasn't long ago I was criticizing him for not doing anything for his client. I said he was supposed to work the phones and get offers for his client.

I don't think Paul had anything to do with this. It was Termini all the way.
I bet Paul was tired of reading in the media that he wasn't doing his job and he told Termini, "I don't care what you do but do something!...anything!".

"Be Legendary."

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Jude LaCava - New York to offer Eric Bledsoe a max contract, then send Amare Stoudemire to Phoenix in a sign and trade deal! Take this to the bank!

See how easy it is to make bullshit rumors?
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
SDC wrote:

Sent using Tapatalk
Maybe you guys don't but there is no doubt if he were to get traded before the season starts, he'd get booed mightily upon his return.
why? For wanting more money than we offered?

Sent using Tapatalk