Welcome to the new site!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Welcome to the new site!

Post by Mori Chu »

A few people have told me they tried to create accounts but that the site never sent them a verification email. If that's happening to you, please email me and I'll manually verify you:

admin AT phx DASH suns DOT net

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I also wanted to say, in the interest of trying to quickly build up the user base and community, right now the site has open registration (after email address verification). So that means basically anybody could sign up for an account here, including certain well-known folks like Cubby / Giuseppe / Thread. I know there might be mixed reactions to that, but the way I look at it is, I'm open to anybody being here as long as they are not a total jerk about it. If somebody is giving trouble to other users and making the board unpleasant, mods and I will address it and either reduce that user's privs or ban them. If it becomes a real problem, we will consider other measures. But for now I want to try to see how things work out with an open registration and see what kind of community results from it. Fingers crossed that it is a positive atmosphere and attracts the right kinds of user base.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Mori Chu wrote:I also wanted to say, in the interest of trying to quickly build up the user base and community, right now the site has open registration (after email address verification). So that means basically anybody could sign up for an account here, including certain well-known folks like Cubby / Giuseppe / Thread. I know there might be mixed reactions to that, but the way I look at it is, I'm open to anybody being here as long as they are not a total jerk about it. If somebody is giving trouble to other users and making the board unpleasant, mods and I will address it and either reduce that user's privs or ban them. If it becomes a real problem, we will consider other measures. But for now I want to try to see how things work out with an open registration and see what kind of community results from it. Fingers crossed that it is a positive atmosphere and attracts the right kinds of user base.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

We have a Wally West now? AWESOME. The best Flash EVER, now lost in obscurity. Welcome to our underground!

Mori, good to see you have this up and running finally. Thanks for activating my account. I'm not last to the party on purpose! ;)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Phoenix219 wrote:We have a Wally West now? AWESOME. The best Flash EVER, now lost in obscurity. Welcome to our underground!

Mori, good to see you have this up and running finally. Thanks for activating my account. I'm not last to the party on purpose! ;)
Great to see you, P219! Wouldn't be the same without you here.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Lefty avatars, YUS!

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Hi guys! I really like the looks of the board Mori, good job.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Phoenix219 wrote:We have a Wally West now? AWESOME. The best Flash EVER, now lost in obscurity. Welcome to our underground!
Thanks! I like all the Flashes but Wally will always be my favorite.

carey

Post by carey »

Wally_West wrote:
Thanks! I like all the Flashes but Wally will always be my favorite.
The canceled too soon Young Justice on Cartoon Network had a fantastic Wally West. Worth checking out if you never saw it.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I loved Young Justice. I was really bummed to find out that it got canceled. I remember reading somewhere that their ratings were pretty good, but their toys weren't selling so cartoon network canceled it.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

What's taking INF so long? :x
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Fer reals, he was totally hanging out on realgm last night, too! :twisted:

As sorta an aside, I tried to get in touch with ShelC via his aim (does anyone use that anymore? :lol: ) but, no dice.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Superbone wrote:What's taking INF so long? :x
I'm here, I'm here. ;)

Site looks good, Mori. Much obliged.

Yeah, hopefully we can get ShelC over here.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

I still use AIM, but mostly to txt other peoples cell phones, lol.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
Superbone wrote:What's taking INF so long? :x
I'm here, I'm here. ;)

Site looks good, Mori. Much obliged.

Yeah, hopefully we can get ShelC over here.
Awesome! It's all coming together. I'm going to post on the phxsuns.net fantasy basketball site (Yahoo) to let everybody there know too.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Mori thanks for setting this up. I have reaalllllly missed the old site, especially with so much to talk about this season.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Thanks Mori! Good to see everyone.

carey

Post by carey »

ShelC wrote:Thanks Mori! Good to see everyone.
Good to see you buddy.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Big Jake Little Jake

Post by Big Jake Little Jake »

Hey everyone. New user here. Been lurking since the azprosports days (I think that was the name of the site...). I still remember the awesome BACKCOURT 2000 banner and being so excited at that possibility....oh well. I've only missed watching a handful of games since Marion's rookie year - yes, even last year's abomination.

I figured I'd take the opening of the new site as an opportunity to finally start posting. I really respect all you guys and love reading everyone's takes. I hope I can fit in.

Now let's get Bledsoe back and start winning some games again! I've really missed the Suns in the playoffs.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Welcome BJLJ! Awesome to have you here. :)