Eric Bledsoe agrees to 5 year, 70 Million Contract Extension

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: Eric Bledsoe agrees to 5 year, 70 Million Contract Exten

Post by carey »

specialsauce wrote:^ not going to bother to respond to that. Can we please have the function to ignore INF mori?
Good. You guys are both better than that I think. Show more restraint than I have in the past and keep this place fun to be around.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

specialsauce wrote:Can we please have the function to ignore INF mori?
Incredible.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I'd like to ignore him, but i cant because he's a mod. Great. :roll:
Wow. :( Despite my best efforts, y'all are starting bum me out. There has to be some place where there are happy fans that want to celebrate the epic events of Wednesday, September 24, 2014.

SDC

Post by SDC »

INFORMER wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I'd like to ignore him, but i cant because he's a mod. Great. :roll:
Wow. :( Despite my best efforts, y'all are starting bum me out. There has to be some place where there are happy fans that want to celebrate the epic events of Wednesday, September 24, 2014.
i didnt know moderators cant be "ignored".

Cap

Post by Cap »

INFORMER wrote:
Please stop.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

If I didn't know any better, I'd say INF's account has been hijacked.

Just weird.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Cap wrote: Please stop.
Sigh.

Charlie Smithy!

INF,

It would be understandable if your fandom has been rocked from moves that you think (and could very well be) preventing the team from attaining a championship.

But to feign ignorance as to why multiple people have posted the things they have toward you is just silly.

I'm not telling you to take a break, but it might be good for your sanity to relax for a little while.

At any rate, I won't be seeing too many suns games this year due to a recent move and a Dsl connection.

Blah.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Please stop.
Why is everyone so up in arms against INF? He's just having some fun taking out his frustrations in a positive way. He could be spitting out shit like 219 did wishing injuries to a guy.

Charlie Smithy!

Indy wrote:
Cap wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Please stop.
Why is everyone so up in arms against INF? He's just having some fun taking out his frustrations in a positive way. He could be spitting out shit like 219 did wishing injuries to a guy.
My guess (and it's just that) is that the repetitive nature of this having fun (which it really is, make no mistake) is quickly wearing on the mass populace.

That said (Oh boy!), I need INF in my life. No one else will understand my obscure references to former Byu players quite like him.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

YO INF! SERIOUSLY... ;)
[youtube][/youtube]

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

carey wrote:
INFORMER wrote:Now I do love Rich Paul though.
May as well change your name to SARCASTER or something. I'm not feeling informed lately.
Clever.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SDC wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
i didnt know moderators cant be "ignored".
Me either.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:If I didn't know any better, I'd say INF's account has been hijacked.

Just weird.
He does seem a little out of character. I knew he wanted to move on from Bledsoe but I had no idea he was SO against his remaining on the team. But then he seemed to ask an honest question in the Best Backcourt in the League thread. So I'm a little puzzled.

Anyhoo, we're all in this together. We might as well try to get along.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Just got this in my email:

"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

everyone has a different way to deal with various moves the franchise makes. ultimately we are fans of this team, which is why we allow moves made by a sports franchise that has very little bearing on our daily lives (except if some of us work for the team or for the nba, of course) to cheer us up or bring us down. that's a long-winded way of saying that inf is a true fan of the team, for which i applaud him very much. to everyone that feels frustrated by inf's posts, keep in mind that we all want the best for the team, though each one of us probably has different opinions on what "the best" actually is.

on the other hand, there is nothing we can do about these moves the franchise has made. we can wax poetical about whether we believe they are good or bad moves, but in the end, i don't think we get to influence the decision making process, so, inf, maybe it's not worth getting quite *this* worked up over. i think most of the guys that frequent this board are well aware of your position on eric bledsoe, ryan mcdonough, and alex len, so you aren't accomplishing a great deal with your new-found enthusiasm.

let's focus our energies on basketball, like, what are our options this year, now that we have 9 guys for the 1-3 positions and are fairly unproven at the 4 and 5... you are welcome to continue beating the dead horse, but it is already dead and we aren't bringing it back to life no more...

just my 2 cents of course.

gosuns

Post by gosuns »

INF try to look at it this way. Hornacek wants two pg's on the floor at any time. Mc'D just delivered him the Tools to get this done. I get that you are against the Strategy in its self. But to be fair, the GM is staying true to the strategy preached by the Basketball People. If it goes wrong, which could very well happen, i think we have still flexibility to Change the strategy and to go into a massive rebuilding mode, the strategy you seem to prefer. At least we aren't selling our draft picks and are committed to develop our Young Talent.

I agree that Rich Paul played his Cards very well in this negotiation and that he is probably a better Agent than most uf us thought he was. But that doesn't mean Mc'D got played by him. I prefer having Bledsoe on the Team rather then losing him for nothing or next to nothing. I really think most of the deals you brought up, just never would have happend, and i liked most of them, particularly those regarding a trade with the Bucks (love Greak Freak and Henson)

I also am very sceptical of Len. He just hasn't showed anything to get me exited enough or to make me believe he deserved beeing picked Nr. 5 in the draft. Let's hope i am wrong. But we can make further deals to improve at the 4 and the 5. Let's cross our fingers. Also, i think Markief has the potential to really break out this season. I think he is finally ready to start and be a legit 4 in this league.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

INFORMER wrote:
specialsauce wrote:Can we please have the function to ignore INF mori?
Incredible.
INF -- I love your posts and often feel informed indeed -- but maybe it's time to pull back on the sarcasm a bit. You're better than that. A lot better.

Saucy -- GREAT to have you back around. But let's be nicer to INF. We all know that as soon as INF leaves, everyone will be bitching and moaning about wanting him back around. So let's not run him off the board.

Cap -- absolutely right. Time to stop.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

I say let the man go nuclear and get it out of his system - as one who could see this as akin to re-signing James Jones to replace the D-3 that might've left this off-season had Tucker ultimately signed with another team, I can understand INF's level of irkedness. Guy's plenty frosted right now and the last thing he needs is people planting their asses square on the pressure valve.

By all means, INF - nuke away, please.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I have only been checking the boards sparadically the last few months but wanted to weigh in on this...

I'm not a fan of the money I this deal. My angle went from "I want to bring Eric back at less then the max" to "I'd be ok with 4/48" to "lets see if someone offers an enticing S&T". I think we overpaid here and I 'm not a fan of it. That being said, Bledsoe is a good player and the cap will go up so I wouldn't call it a horrible signing, but we did indeed overpay.

Thats not to say that if tings go south we wouldn't be able to ship him away at the deadline. Health is obviously the big key with Eric.

As for what the team looks like now, we still severely lack frontcourt plays. T.J. Warren might be our best low post scorer...The Plum is a nice complimentary Piece and I am a little higher on Kieff then others around here, but he is more of a perimeter guy. The roster is unbalanced, but I do think it is a better roster then last yr. IT2 alone makes it that.

I give the overall signing of Bledsoe a C-. If they would of signed him at this price once FA opened it probabaly would of not been that big of a deal, but since it took so long and seemed to weed out the competition, It looks worse. I would not of invested 70mil in Eric, but since he is here their is only one thing left to do...WIN THE WHOLE DAMN THING!!!
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”