Is KD coming to the Suns?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Wally_West

Re: Is KD coming to the Suns?

Post by Wally_West »

Not against Melo but he’s really horrible at defense. Saw many lakers games where he was a huge liability and actually turned the momentum of the game because of it but the lakers were maybe worst defensive team in the league, so that probably didn’t help things.

So maybe he wouldn’t be so bad here but it would be a concern especially with no Mikal potentially.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Split T wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:22 am
SunsRIt wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:55 am
Split T wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:30 pm
I have a feeling Melo is gonna end up on the suns
Not a player I want anywhere near the Suns. Ever.
How come?

I wouldn’t want the post prime Melo who thought he was still prime Melo, but he seems to have figured out his role.

If we ignored the name I think all of us would gladly take a guy who put up 13/4 in 24 minutes while shooting 44/38/83 on a .579 TS%. He’s pretty legitimately a good shooter and still has the ability to create his own shot. As a 20 minute off the bench guy I think he makes a lot of sense. He’s 38, so that’s why we’re talking 1 year vet min deals, but no risk there. You just let him go if it doesn’t work out. 39/41/38….those are his 3 point percentages the last 3 years.
He is just not a player I have ever liked. His attitude and the way he carries himself just put me off. I know, not a very good reason, but there it is.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
SunsRIt wrote:
Split T wrote:
How come?

I wouldn’t want the post prime Melo who thought he was still prime Melo, but he seems to have figured out his role.

If we ignored the name I think all of us would gladly take a guy who put up 13/4 in 24 minutes while shooting 44/38/83 on a .579 TS%. He’s pretty legitimately a good shooter and still has the ability to create his own shot. As a 20 minute off the bench guy I think he makes a lot of sense. He’s 38, so that’s why we’re talking 1 year vet min deals, but no risk there. You just let him go if it doesn’t work out. 39/41/38….those are his 3 point percentages the last 3 years.
Ya, he's impressed me in his role the last couple years. Before that, I thought he was done.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

SunsRIt wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:41 am
Split T wrote:
SunsRIt wrote:
Split T wrote:
How come?

He is just not a player I have ever liked. His attitude and the way he carries himself just put me off. I know, not a very good reason, but there it is.
Fair enough. I don’t think I really ever wanted him on the suns, but he didn’t bother me so much. I think your opinion is pretty common though, just was wondering if it was attitude or on the court related.

Indy

Post by Indy »

That was the opinion I had his last couple seasons before he was out of the league. Since he made it back, I think his play is much more grounded and helps (on offense).

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Do you think Woj calls Sean Marks "zaddy" at this point?

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Go away Woj, you're full of it. Kevin Durant wants to go to Phoenix lol.

Indy

Post by Indy »

If Woj talks, know it is exactly what Marks wants people to hear.

If Haynes talks, it is most likely what Jones wants people to hear.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Yep this feels like Brooklyn trying to make us feel like Miami has a chance, hoping it gets us to up our offer.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

So now the only teams with cap space would rather have the cap space than DA? This is crazy.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:01 pm
So now the only teams with cap space would rather have the cap space than DA? This is crazy.
Tank for Webby > Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Offseason has become Kevin Durant or bust for Phoenix Suns
BY DAN BICKLEY

https://arizonasports.com/story/3208978 ... enix-suns/
After two failed swings at an NBA championship, there is a distinct fear on Planet Orange:

The Suns will be left holding the bag. The one they should’ve given to Deandre Ayton a long time ago.

Strike three. We’re out.

If it feels like our basketball future is hanging in the balance, welcome to Arizona, where the Suns are staring down the barrel of an impending divorce with a former No. 1 overall draft pick; where Kevin Durant is the Durantidote, an iconic, moody player who would complete a lethally dangerous Super Team in the Valley; and anything less will represent an inglorious ending to a short-lived era of dominance.

The stakes are dizzying. You are forgiven for feeling the effects of vertigo.

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

No shit, Dan. Did this guy just discover FLEX from Jersey or something?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Ayton for Buddy on its own would be awful. We need a starting center way more than we need another backup guard. Even one who can create.

BlaCkAdDa

Post by BlaCkAdDa »

JeremyG wrote: That argument always astounds me. We have history on that. He scored more PPG in the two seasons before CP3 than he did in the two seasons with CP3. And that was his first two years in the league. And his rookie year we had no point guard.
So true.. And his offensive repotoire is growing every season.. These comparisons to Myles Turner are absolutely ridiculous.

If you want to compare use KAT or someone.. The. You argue KAT better offensively but DA plays D

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Indy

Post by Indy »

BlaCkAdDa wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:45 pm
JeremyG wrote: That argument always astounds me. We have history on that. He scored more PPG in the two seasons before CP3 than he did in the two seasons with CP3. And that was his first two years in the league. And his rookie year we had no point guard.
So true.. And his offensive repotoire is growing every season.. These comparisons to Myles Turner are absolutely ridiculous.

If you want to compare use KAT or someone.. The. You argue KAT better offensively but DA plays D

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
They are not comparable. Teams would be happy to pay KAT a max.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Offense and defense are not equal. Ayton being better at defense does not make him comparable to KAT

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:01 pm
The Suns may have told Indiana that they will match. This is what happened with Bledsoe.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

4 team trade

Suns- KD, Hield

Nets- Mitchell, Turner, Crowder, Saric, Craig, Payne,

Pacers- Ayton, Shamet

Jazz- Ben Simmons, 4- 1st round picks from Suns+ 2 swaps, 1st round pick from Pacer via Boston.

Why?

Jazz: get a treasure trove of picks for Mitchell who doesn’t want to be there, and if Simmons has a bounce back year then they can trade next summer for more picks.

Pacers: Get Ayton

Nets- get Mitchell and 40 million off the books and after the Westbrook for Kyrie they’ll have nearly 90 mil off the books for next year.

Suns- cuz KD