College Basketball: 2014-15

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: College Basketball: 2014-15

Post by Split T »

UA just doesn't have enough shooters

carey

Post by carey »

My guy Poythress is out for the rest of the year with a torn ACL suffered in practice. :(
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Other guys get all the publicity, but Willie Cauley Stein is my favorite big this year so far, by quite a bit.

carey

Post by carey »

UA about to get upset on the road at UNLV. Down 1 with 14 seconds left...
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

:-( Dang UNLV. Kind of exposed all the Cats' flaws in that game. Made them look average.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Didn't ASU beat UNLV convincingly not too long ago?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

I wouldn't sleep on UNLV this year. I think they can win the Mountain West this year if some of their young guys can mature a little. They would have beat Arizona by like 12 if they hadn't taken some dumb shots and had some really dumb turnovers. But I really like Vaughn and Okonoboh, and Wood seems like he can be a Channing Frye type of guy.

The only thing holding UNLV back is a experience.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Any thoughts on Montrezl Harrell?

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2014/ ... zl-harrell

Undersized big motor guys like this could be a Manimal or a Bo Outlaw in the end. You will always get something in return, but there is always a risk of a low ceiling

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Danimal wrote:Any thoughts on Montrezl Harrell?

Undersized big motor guys like this could be a Manimal or a Bo Outlaw in the end. You will always get something in return, but there is always a risk of a low ceiling
I'm a fan. He's the type of player we need. It would be great if he could moonlight as a 5, but I'd draft him happily.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

What draft range could you see us taking him Shabazz?

carey

Post by carey »

Danimal wrote:What draft range could you see us taking him Shabazz?
I think most of us had him as a lottery pick if he came out last year. There were many bummed posters when he announced he was going back to school. He's a legit beast and i don't think he makes it to 14. Maybe if we wind up getting the Lakers pick?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Danimal wrote:What draft range could you see us taking him Shabazz?
I could see him lasting to our pick (assuming we're in the 13/14 range). The draft seems very deep with bigs.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Shabazz wrote:

I'm a fan. He's the type of player we need. It would be great if he could moonlight as a 5, but I'd draft him happily.

I'm a fan as well. I like the fairaid comparison. I was suprised he went back last yr, but agreed in the fact that he probably is in the mid 1st-to late lotto range rt now.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Robert Upshaw has been dismissed from Washington:
Upshaw, who transferred to UW from Fresno State, has failed multiple drug tests while at both schools, sources close to the situation told ESPN.

The ultra-talented big man averaged 10.9 points, 8.2 rebounds and 4.4 blocks per game for the Huskies and leads the nation in blocks.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... team-rules

I was shocked when I heard this. He was really starting to play well, and I was really started to get interested in him as a prospect. Hopefully he gets himself together because he has NBA talent.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Hmm. Wonder if "drug tests" means marijuana or something harder. Hope he gets his act together.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
Shabazz wrote:

I'm a fan as well. I like the fairaid comparison. I was suprised he went back last yr, but agreed in the fact that he probably is in the mid 1st-to late lotto range rt now.
I think his offensive upside is much higher than Faried, more Paul Milsap imo.

Split T

Post by Split T »

He's got decent size, he's short but has really long arms. He's got more skill than Faried, I'm interested to see how he does in the NBA. I like him, not sure I'd draft him with markieff on the team. I think there would be similarly rated players that would offer us a better fit. If kieff weren't here I'd think he'd fit pretty well next to Len. He is a better athlete and rebounder than kieff.

TOO

Post by TOO »

INFs boy Jerian Grant is having a whale of a game versus Duke.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Speaking of Duke, they have given Rasheed Sulaimon the boot:
"Rasheed has been unable to consistently live up to the standards required to be a member of our program," coach Mike Krzyzewski said in a release. "It is a privilege to represent Duke University and with that privilege comes the responsibility to conduct oneself in a certain manner. After Rasheed repeatedly struggled to meet the necessary obligations, it became apparent that it was time to dismiss him from the program."
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... d-sulaimon
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

1st player to be dismissed under Coach K I think. Pretty shocking....Had nothing to do with academics.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”