Suns News: Week 10 12/29-1/4

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
OE32

Re: Suns News: Week 10 12/29-1/4

Post by OE32 »

The funny thing is, Alex is actually very good at avoiding fouls. He used to make a lot of silly ones, but with minutes, those have gone way down. Now, he's just involved at the end of a lot of plays, so he gets fouls.

He makes such a big difference to our defense. I'm ecstatic with his progress. Alex may even have the potential to be elite offensively as well as defensively. He's probably the most valuable single piece we have.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I wonder if all the Noel fanboys would still rather have him over Len. :o

carey

Post by carey »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I wonder if all the Noel fanboys would still rather have him over Len. :o
Or the McLemore fans like myself at draft time. Man, he looked legit. He is starting to come around tho. 47% from the field, 39% from 3 & 12 ppg.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

OE32 wrote:The funny thing is, Alex is actually very good at avoiding fouls. He used to make a lot of silly ones, but with minutes, those have gone way down. Now, he's just involved at the end of a lot of plays, so he gets fouls.

He makes such a big difference to our defense. I'm ecstatic with his progress. Alex may even have the potential to be elite offensively as well as defensively. He's probably the most valuable single piece we have.
Hard to disagree with any of this which is totally shocking to myself. Maybe Dragic is more valuable imho. People say Tucker is the heart of the team.... maybe, but then Dragic is the soul. I hope he doesn't get traded. This from a guy that wasn't too keen on bringing him back from Houston until I saw the price tag. He's won me over as a fierce competitor & a guy that just delivers.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

OE32

Post by OE32 »

We should probably keep Dragic. I'd try for 4 years/$50 million, I suppose. I don't see a better 2 coming our way, unless Bogdanovic is terrific. But I've been much higher on IT than most, and I'd like to keep him too. Furthermore, I want to keep Bledsoe.

I hope all of this can be managed.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I don't think Dragic is going away. Didn't we draft him a long time ago and then waited years for him in Europe to finally be a Sun? He has proven himself over and over. If I was the GM of the Suns I would be pretty happy right now.

Rule #1) Winning makes everybody happy.

carey

Post by carey »

Nodack wrote:I don't think Dragic is going away. Didn't we draft him a long time ago and then waited years for him in Europe to finally be a Sun? He has proven himself over and over. If I was the GM of the Suns I would be pretty happy right now.

Well, no, he came in for a secret workout with Kerr and was drafted in the 2nd round in 2008 and played that year.

If I'm McDonough I'm not happy yet. Still a lot of work to be done w/ this roster.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

OE32

Post by OE32 »

carey wrote:
Nodack wrote:I don't think Dragic is going away. Didn't we draft him a long time ago and then waited years for him in Europe to finally be a Sun? He has proven himself over and over. If I was the GM of the Suns I would be pretty happy right now.

Well, no, he came in for a secret workout with Kerr and was drafted in the 2nd round in 2008 and played that year.

If I'm McDonough I'm not happy yet. Still a lot of work to be done w/ this roster.
While I agree, I think we'll be well-served by being patient and trying to hold this team together - again, if we can manage it. We can manage it if we can win. If we lose, we have to think about turnover more quickly. It's a delicate thing. As a fan, it's hard to be patient when you're losing.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I seem to recall us talking about Dragic years before he was taken by any NBA team. I don't know if that was just us talking or us talking about the Suns talking. Wasn't Dragic in Europe playing pro ball years before the Suns?

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

We had to work out a buyout, and maybe we thought it was going to take longer then it did, but no, we didn't hear about him until Kerr moved up to get him, and then most of us complained about why we would give up an asset for (the pg we complained about his entire rookie season.)

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

When are you allowed to be happy? Nobody is ever done working on the roster. Is there a magic number of wins to be happy? If you win a Championship we can't be happy with that because there is always next year and those challenges.

If I am the GM I am happy that things seem to be coming together decently. I probably wouldn't anoint myself king of all GMs and take a six month vacation because I had nothing else to prove in life, but I would probably smile inside for at least a couple of seconds before going back to being unhappy.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

#NodackOUT ?

SDC

Post by SDC »

#byebyeNODACK

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:#NodackOUT ?
SDC wrote:#byebyeNODACK
I don't get it.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:I don't get it.
SDC has had #McdoOUT and #byebyeMcdo as hashtags in his sig. We're just goofing on that.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Superbone wrote:I don't get it.
SDC has had #McdoOUT and #byebyeMcdo as hashtags in his sig. We're just goofing on that.
Yeah, I knew that.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I'm getting old. I have never had a Twitter account.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:I'm getting old. I have never had a Twitter account.
I almost never tweet, but check it almost daily. I get a ton of my news links that way. And you can set up text alerts for key people/businesses to stay up to the minute on things (like Suns trades...).

SDC

Post by SDC »

Indy wrote:
Nodack wrote:I'm getting old. I have never had a Twitter account.
I almost never tweet, but check it almost daily. I get a ton of my news links that way. And you can set up text alerts for key people/businesses to stay up to the minute on things (like Suns trades...).
can you set up "tweet alerts" in your timeline?

carey

Post by carey »

A couple of Suns articles this morning. One over at Hardwood Paroxysm about needing all 3 PGs: LINK

One over at Bright Side about the offense in general: LINK
Go Suns!

Og Snus!