Game Day: 76ers (4-26) @ Suns (18-16), Fri 1/2/15

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Game Day: 76ers (4-26) @ Suns (18-16), Fri 1/2/15

Post by Superbone »

I think it will gradually come with experience as the team progresses. Len will get more and more touches and we'll all talk about what a great draft pick it was. (Channeling my inner Paul Westphal.)
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

carey wrote:You want to talk to Cubby make an account at Spurs Talk and talk to him there.
THIS
+4

Edit.- Late, but worthy to be said

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

None of that at all answers how a single thread, confined to posting there, in the basement, could ever hurt anyone lol..... there literally could be nothing bad about it unless people who hate him had no self control to avoid the thread. there is literally nothing bad it could do to the site. hilarious that mori wanted him here, invited him personally, knew exactly what to expect (some taunting and colorful exchanges were inevitable, and completely tame coming from him, but the absolute norm on spurs talk, where he was sought out.) you guys are hilariously thin skinned and stuck in the past, and absolutely lack the ability to deal with anything that offsets the balance even a little bit. not that this is anything new by any stretch of course. if the site had its way, anyone a bit over the top, like misterradiant on the old site, or others in the present would be banned as well. Hilarious.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Superbone wrote:I think it will gradually come with experience as the team progresses. Len will get more and more touches and we'll all talk about what a great draft pick it was. (Channeling my inner Paul Westphal.)
not this season he wont. it's so bad he doesnt even get to play in the 4th qtr in the last few games as horny went to a micro lineup.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Phoenix219 wrote:None of that at all answers how a single thread, confined to posting there, in the basement, could ever hurt anyone lol..... there literally could be nothing bad about it unless people who hate him had no self control to avoid the thread. there is literally nothing bad it could do to the site. hilarious that mori wanted him here, invited him personally, knew exactly what to expect (some taunting and colorful exchanges were inevitable, and completely tame coming from him, but the absolute norm on spurs talk, where he was sought out.) you guys are hilariously thin skinned and stuck in the past, and absolutely lack the ability to deal with anything that offsets the balance even a little bit. not that this is anything new by any stretch of course. if the site had its way, anyone a bit over the top, like misterradiant on the old site, or others in the present would be banned as well. Hilarious.
What exactly gets accomplished by bringing the troll back? Its not beneficial to the board in any way, few people here like/tolerate him, what's the point? You have a place where can find him regularly, go enjoy his bullshit there.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Phoenix219 is part of the contingent that thinks this site is too censored and controlling. He'll complain and gripe about this until he's blue in the face, feeling like its an infringement on freedom of speech by a bunch of soft, thin skinned posters.

The reason many of us are here, sir, is to avoid the grime that festers on other boards. If you have such an issue with the way this site is being administered or the way your rights are being trampled on, I suggest you find another board. I'm personally getting sick and tired of you acting like a child about this. It's not going to happen. Please stop ranting about it.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Cap

Post by Cap »

Geez. Cubby isn't here and he's nevertheless the dominant topic of conversation. I'm sure he's sitting somewhere thinking, "LMCONTROLLINGAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

carey

Post by carey »

SDC wrote:
Superbone wrote:I think it will gradually come with experience as the team progresses. Len will get more and more touches and we'll all talk about what a great draft pick it was. (Channeling my inner Paul Westphal.)
not this season he wont. it's so bad he doesnt even get to play in the 4th qtr in the last few games as horny went to a micro lineup.
I do not understand why he won't sub defense for offense at the end of games. I'm thinking Evans layup may not have happened had Len been in there. Monty Williams used get panned for not doing it but he's been doing it lately. I guess he wants to force teams to match up with us, but I am not sure there's an advantage when the game is close and one rebound or block is crucial.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

AmareIsGod wrote:Phoenix219 is part of the contingent that thinks this site is too censored and controlling. He'll complain and gripe about this until he's blue in the face, feeling like its an infringement on freedom of speech by a bunch of soft, thin skinned posters.

The reason many of us are here, sir, is to avoid the grime that festers on other boards. If you have such an issue with the way this site is being administered or the way your rights are being trampled on, I suggest you find another board. I'm personally getting sick and tired of you acting like a child about this. It's not going to happen. Please stop ranting about it.
I didn't bring it up OR make the initial suggestion - I'm participating in a conversation started by someone else. but now I'm acting like a child? Why, because I have an opinion you don't like or agree with?

Again, more examples of ANY contrary opinion being ran off the site - *edit* someone i'm not going to throw under the bus, is damn close to leaving, and none of you have any clue. Swing is already gone again, and I'm ONLY here to make a point. You all have made it abundantly clear that i am NOT part of your little click and that my oinions are NOT welcome here, so i could really care less at this point. You are all missing the point yet proving the point incessantly, and that just amuses me. Enjoy your circle jerk.

TOO

Post by TOO »

So dramatic. :roll:

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Culburn Castleberry wrote: They're intractable. I'd be fine locked to just 1 thread. It'd be a lot of fun. Thanks for the support.

- Cubby

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I'm amazed by your (lack of) intellect 219. You can just leave instead of inviting a ban. I know that you want to get your way and paint this site as a bunch of radicals that have it out to silence the free speakers, or something along those lines (lots of flu meds are messing with my coherence). You spew that there's a big circle jerk here because you aren't getting your way. You're acting like a child. "No fair! This site is being STUPID and not letting Cubby on a single thread that nobody will care about!".

If you want to point out others that have left and some that are considering leaving, while talking about how you're going to take your ball and go and do the same, then just do it. Stop talking and start acting. You really don't bring anything to the discussion that adds to my intellect or amuses me in any way. I'm sure I'm not alone. Maybe you, Swing, Cubby and whoever else you're saying wants to leave can go form cubby.net or whatever and talk about anything to your little heart's content.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

carey

Post by carey »

P219's take is soooo weird. There are so many dissenting opinions on this site. I disagree with a lot of them. A LOT. Like, almost everything Informer says. Half the stuff TOO says. That's what the board is for though. To talk Suns with Suns fans. Sometimes you agree, sometimes you don't. What it isn't for is to come here and insult people and bait people with posts. If arguments happen while discussing basketball, hey that's just what happens. But if your sole purpose is to mess with people it has no place here. Cubby is like that, without a doubt. And Swing somehow let himself get to that point too. Do you know how many chances swing had to stop? It was numerous times because a lot of people like the guy. He just wouldn't stop making things personal. If you think that makes us some kind of clique or whatever, then fine you're welcome to go but it won't be the same without you lamenting the SSOL Suns every other post. And I mean that sincerely.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Nodack wrote:Oh yeah basketball. Len is really coming on. I agree with others that Len is being completely ignored in the post. He tries to get great position and they don't throw him the ball. He sets up for the pick and roll and instead of getting the ball on the roll to the basket it always goes someplace else. You can see the frustration on his face as he is repeatedly ignored. He has shown he has some moves and can shoot. Hey guys, he has earned a little respect don't you think? Get him the ball every once in a freaking while.
I'm also in the camp that wishes they would throw him a few more touches as I find our offense a little predictable. Integrating and developing Len a little would make it all the more formidable. Len isn't a bad passer for a big man either, not like he just wants to chuck it up every time he gets it.

I would suggest Mark West remind Hornacek that bigs need a little sugar now and then on when they are busting their hump of defence. If Hornacek doesn't get the metaphor, then that's one awkward conversation.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Danimal wrote:
Nodack wrote:Oh yeah basketball. Len is really coming on. I agree with others that Len is being completely ignored in the post. He tries to get great position and they don't throw him the ball. He sets up for the pick and roll and instead of getting the ball on the roll to the basket it always goes someplace else. You can see the frustration on his face as he is repeatedly ignored. He has shown he has some moves and can shoot. Hey guys, he has earned a little respect don't you think? Get him the ball every once in a freaking while.
I'm also in the camp that wishes they would throw him a few more touches as I find our offense a little predictable. Integrating and developing Len a little would make it all the more formidable. Len isn't a bad passer for a big man either, not like he just wants to chuck it up every time he gets it.

I would suggest Mark West remind Hornacek that bigs need a little sugar now and then on when they are busting their hump of defence. If Hornacek doesn't get the metaphor, then that's one awkward conversation.
They've done that for Plumlee (often at the start of a game). I don't know why they can't do that for Len.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I have a feeling we'll start seeing a little more incorporation of Len into the offense very soon. Hornacek is much too intelligent of a coach to let that become an issue. They have plenty of tape. It should and will be blatantly obvious that Len is open many times under the hoop or in an advantageous situation with a smaller player guarding him.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

I was stuck on a long flight recently with not much to do. Rewatched opening night vs the lakers. Staggering how often they could have found Len quite open near the hoop after a guard penetrated.

Am I over reacting if I pin part of his lack of touches while posting up being due to us being in a fight for 8th spot about a third of a way through the season? Focusing on what we know?

Just wish he'd had a summer league

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Phoenix219 wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:Phoenix219 is part of the contingent that thinks this site is too censored and controlling. He'll complain and gripe about this until he's blue in the face, feeling like its an infringement on freedom of speech by a bunch of soft, thin skinned posters.

I didn't bring it up OR make the initial suggestion - I'm participating in a conversation started by someone else. but now I'm acting like a child? Why, because I have an opinion you don't like or agree with?

Again, more examples of ANY contrary opinion being ran off the site - *edit* someone i'm not going to throw under the bus, is damn close to leaving, and none of you have any clue. Swing is already gone again, and I'm ONLY here to make a point. You all have made it abundantly clear that i am NOT part of your little click and that my oinions are NOT welcome here, so i could really care less at this point. You are all missing the point yet proving the point incessantly, and that just amuses me. Enjoy your circle jerk.
P219 - Lots of contradicting opinions are welcomed. I think it's important to remember that there's a distinction between an opinion being welcome, and an opinion being agreed with. People can express whatever view they want, for the most part, as long as they do it in a civil way. Literally the only person who was asked to leave the site, whose opinions were truly not welcome, is a person who was telling other posters to "go F your mother some more" and things of that nature, along with making spammy taunting threads when the Suns lost games. To me, even Cubby's dissenting opinions were generally welcome; the flaming and spamming weren't. I got so many PMs from people saying that they weren't okay with that kind of behavior, that he was making them not want to come to the site. I felt I had to ask him to leave.

SwingMan isn't here any more, either. But that is because Swing chose to leave the site. I asked him to stop personally going after people and cursing them out, and it led to a PM exchange where he decided he was upset and didn't want to be here any more. I respect his decision. If he ever decides to come back and is willing to be respectful to the other posters, he is always welcome back.

There's a pattern here. You can say pretty much whatever you want here as long as you aren't a jerk about it and repeatedly insult and curse out people. I realize that there are boards with even looser restrictions than that (e.g. SpursTalk), but I think most people here actually want a little moderation to keep spamming/trolling/flaming down. For folks who want it to be the Wild West, SpursTalk and many other boards already fill that niche.

P219, there's no reason to run off. We like you here and appreciate your takes on the Suns. I just re-read "Seven Seconds Or Less" on my plane flight to/from Seattle for Xmas this year. And when I read about the 2006 Suns, honestly the first thing I thought was, "Damn, P219 really got what a fucking special team this was!" You're an awesome Suns fan. Stick around and talk Suns with us!

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

2005-06 was the TEAM.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Nice post Mori. You have matured a lot yourself over the years. Sorry that Swingman left. I got to know him over the years and even went to a bar and watched him play drums once. He was a fun happy guy to hang out with. Something made him change at some point and he became an angry guy. The same happened to my brother. It was job, politics and family issues that did him in. I hope you find peace Swingman. I enjoyed the joyful Swingman a lot more.

Cubby? I was a Suns fan like all of us here way back, but I had never heard of this place. The only place I knew of to talk Suns was AZ Central. Unfortunately there was a guy named Cubby that completely destroyed that place. His entire goal was to infuriate Suns fans. He spammed BS taunts and made every thread unreadable. There was no Suns talk there because he destroyed any conversation and took great pride in it. I took offense to it and battled him, if there is such a thing on an Internet forum. It was a totally useless act. One day somebody posted that I should join Phxsuns.net if I wanted to get away from Cubby. I looked the place up and was accepted and never had to deal with Cubby again except when Sose let him in as a science experiment once. That went predictably wrong in the end. Phxsune.net was created specifically for Suns fans to talk B-ball away from Cubby. The thought that anybody here would want him to join this place is like asking Al Queda to join the US Military. It's unfathomable. He isn't a dissenting opinion. He is Satan.

We all have our issues with this place from time to time. I certainly have. It's full of people with different opinions on everything. It's no secret that I hate excessive trade talk and negativity when it comes to the Suns. I have left for periods of time when it has gotten too much for me to stomach. That's just me. I can deal with it or move on, but nobody has ever tried to stifle my opinions.

This place and the Suns reminds me of the band Phish and their fans a little bit. There are fans of Phish that follow them everywhere. They go to every concert. There is a fan site like this one where they discuss the band. After every show the fan site is alive with fans talking about the show. The vast majority are people complaining about what the band did wrong or how they played too mellow, wrong songs or too whatever. They are the bands biggest fans and their are the bands worst critics. If you read the posts you would think they hate the band, but they love the band and still go to every show no matter what. It reminds me of this place.