Game Day: Suns (13-6) @ Kings (10-8), Mon 11/28/22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: Game Day: Suns (13-6) @ Kings (10-8), Mon 11/28/22

Post by TOO »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:01 pm
Fuck clam chowder
I won't, but you can.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Postgame Quotes and Videos
Spoiler: show/hide

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Another good, hard fought win against a good up and coming team. I'm still not totally convinced about the Kings yet, but they've got a lot of good players who play hard, are physical and can play inside and out. Huerter was hurting us early on and Monk killed us all game. You can't shut everyone down but we've had issues with letting scoring guards go off on us. I thought Okogie might see some time with Fox, Davion Mitchell and Monk but Monty never used him.

For whatever reason, it seemed like we decided to let Book try and score all the points. Not a lot of 0.5, not a lot of postups or calls for Mikal - just Book going to work. He used just about every move he had, scoring every which way. When he's on like that, it's really impressive to watch even tho he went hero-ball for a few possessions and had me a little worried. Still concerned about minutes, but I think he's really hitting a different level and has built himself up for this kind of two-way play for 35minutes every night if needed.

Mikal was Mikal but had that bad TO late when he was trapped. Just a learning experience that fortunately didn't cost us the game. Payne was pretty bad most of the night, just seemed off and couldn't find a rhythm. Without him, we're really thin on ballhandlers and rely a lot more of Book. Shamet isn't a great option and DWJ can't really play point.

TC was really solid again, just making the right plays at the right time with a great nose for the ball. Lee stepped up big again and is almost a 6th starter for us. The move to close the game with him over Cam was the right one. He knows how to play in winning time. Biz had a few nice defensive plays but didn't play all that well and I don't think he meshes with the smallball offensive unit. I think he plays better with Cam, Mikal, TC and Okogie/Ish. Landale gave us some good minutes to start the 4th with the smaller unit and had better results. Little things like the backdoor cuts in the 1st half were cleaned up in the 2nd half and even tho there was a lot of back and forth, it never really felt like the game was in jeopardy.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

This is cool

Can Kings actually be solid all year and end the forever long playoff drought ?
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:28 am
Another good, hard fought win against a good up and coming team. I'm still not totally convinced about the Kings yet, but they've got a lot of good players who play hard, are physical and can play inside and out. Huerter was hurting us early on and Monk killed us all game. You can't shut everyone down but we've had issues with letting scoring guards go off on us. I thought Okogie might see some time with Fox, Davion Mitchell and Monk but Monty never used him.

For whatever reason, it seemed like we decided to let Book try and score all the points. Not a lot of 0.5, not a lot of postups or calls for Mikal - just Book going to work. He used just about every move he had, scoring every which way. When he's on like that, it's really impressive to watch even tho he went hero-ball for a few possessions and had me a little worried. Still concerned about minutes, but I think he's really hitting a different level and has built himself up for this kind of two-way play for 35minutes every night if needed.

Mikal was Mikal but had that bad TO late when he was trapped. Just a learning experience that fortunately didn't cost us the game. Payne was pretty bad most of the night, just seemed off and couldn't find a rhythm. Without him, we're really thin on ballhandlers and rely a lot more of Book. Shamet isn't a great option and DWJ can't really play point.

TC was really solid again, just making the right plays at the right time with a great nose for the ball. Lee stepped up big again and is almost a 6th starter for us. The move to close the game with him over Cam was the right one. He knows how to play in winning time. Biz had a few nice defensive plays but didn't play all that well and I don't think he meshes with the smallball offensive unit. I think he plays better with Cam, Mikal, TC and Okogie/Ish. Landale gave us some good minutes to start the 4th with the smaller unit and had better results. Little things like the backdoor cuts in the 1st half were cleaned up in the 2nd half and even tho there was a lot of back and forth, it never really felt like the game was in jeopardy.
TC may not get the random 6 three scoring game clam Chowder did but he’s a hell of a lot more within his role consistently as a starter especially considering what he’s paid

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Yeah if it's up to Book we all know dude would never sub out
Monty has acknowledged this numerous times so HE still gotta save Book from himself 🤐🤷🏾‍♂️

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:02 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:00 pm
Why is Ayton lifting weights in just a bath towel?
He’s about to do penis push-ups
Wieners work.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Watching this one, I was struck by what a nice pickup Huerter is for them. He went 0-5 from 3 but was all over the place. And I didn't know Malik Monk was capable of being a 30-point scorer like this. I always like watching Sabonis; he's so smart and crafty, makes a lot of plays happen for them. This is a fun young Kings team to watch. Good for them.

I'm a little worried about how much we're relying on Book right now. He's put the whole team on his back. He's been absolutely amazing, but I don't think the team really has any other go-to scorers. You'll get the occasional 20+ point game from Bridges or Ayton or maybe Payne, but they are inconsistent and can't be a #1 option. If Book went down with a minor injury, Gorilla forbid, I think we'd go on a long losing streak.

Ayton "quietly" had 17 points on 8-10 shooting and 12 rebounds tonight. His streak of impressive games continues.

Damion Lee had 15 points and 5 rebounds. I loved that post that compared him to Q Richardson; that's a great comp for him and the kind of energy he brings. What a great FA find he has been.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Split T wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:46 pm
It’s probably safe to say that Wilt did it more than once, they just didn’t count the steals back then.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

It's great to see that they all still laugh when DA says "marinatation." :lol:

DA with 6 straight double-doubles for the first time ever in his career.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

I'm starting to worry that we're winning too many regular season games again lol. Jones is not going to want to mess with the chemistry of this team in order to upgrade for the postseason.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:51 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:28 pm
Shamet doesn’t need to play. DW and DL are better.
I don’t like DWJ, but I agree Lee can have Shamets spot and is closer to being worth his salary
What’s not to like? He is young, has a good shot, decent passer, has good upside. He’s a good 4th guard who spreads the floor and can play alongside Book in a pinch.

carey

Post by carey »

I wouldn't expect Lee to play like this all season. He's shooting 48.8% from 3 for god's sake. He doesn't have one season over 40%. There's a huge regression coming for him unfortunately.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:28 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:
I don’t like DWJ, but I agree Lee can have Shamets spot and is closer to being worth his salary
What’s not to like? He is young, has a good shot, decent passer, has good upside. He’s a good 4th guard who spreads the floor and can play alongside Book in a pinch.
I have never liked low end chuckers. See:Mike James.

He’s a good end of bench option but I don’t want him as a front end bench player

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:03 am
Drewsprocket wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:28 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:
I have never liked low end chuckers. See:Mike James.

He’s a good end of bench option but I don’t want him as a front end bench player
I feel that pain. We’ve seen a share of empty chuckers. I guess I haven’t felt that way about him yet. There’s a part of me who thinks he can be more. But we shall see.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »