Suns News: Week 11 1/5-1/11

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: Suns News: Week 11 1/5-1/11

Post by carey »

Indy wrote:And I wouldn't have guessed this, but Marcus is actually the best by far, with Green next.
Marcus has been catching-and-shooting a lot more than in the past. But Green, well he seems like a walking turnover to me too so that is truly surprising. He does a lot of catch-and=shoot as well. Maybe it's just that whenever he does dribble he basically turns it over so I notice it more?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Indy wrote:And I wouldn't have guessed this, but Marcus is actually the best by far, with Green next.
Marcus has been catching-and-shooting a lot more than in the past. But Green, well he seems like a walking turnover to me too so that is truly surprising. He does a lot of catch-and=shoot as well. Maybe it's just that whenever he does dribble he basically turns it over so I notice it more?
I think that is how it is with me too. I swear I yell at the tv or at him in person every time he tries to bring the ball up the court.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Marcus has been solid. I believe the team is getting its money's worth.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Its hard to believe that this team has the same record it did last year at the same point. That six game losing streak would seem to dictate differently. But right now they seem to be coming together.

The guards seem to be getting and appreciating their roles. Goran is turning into a very good sg. Bledsoe is distributing better and seems more engaged lately. He still has too many turnovers though. Its pretty clear the Suns use IT for instant offense off the bench, even if he wanted (wants) more. His best role in the NBA is probably doing exactly what he is doing right now. His team would suffer if he was a starting pg because he is just not a facilitator for others.

The big difference is the rim protection of Alex Len. Plumlee is even playing better now as Len's backup. Plum doesnt have to face as many starting big men.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Yeah, I wouldn't have guessed that starting would actually increase Alex's level of play, but it has. Over the last ten, he's averaging 2.7 BPG in 21 MPG. :shock:

The rotation player we could stand to lose is Green. IT gives us the instant offense. Marcus hits 3's at a high rate, just not with such profligacy. Gerald's light-em-up attitude is both a gift and a curse. Marcus is also the better defender, and Gerald turns the ball over too frequently.

My guess is, we haven't gotten a solid offer for Gerald, and he remains a great weapon off the bench. Deadly when hot. I thought the Cavs would be a good landing spot for Gerald, but they just traded for his evil twin.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I've already told myself that if nothing drastic happens, I want the Suns to pay Green. If someone gives him 10M per, it was good, but if he doesn't price himself out of our other role players, I'd keep him during his prime.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Gerald turns the ball over too frequently
But he doesn't.

I am with Ring (and INF I think) in that I want to find a way to keep Green. Yeah, I don't want to pay him more than Kieff, but he is a keeper. Especially after last night. He really impacted the game, even when his shot wasn't there.
Last edited by Indy on Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Islam reaches a reformation along the lines of what Martin Luther did for the early Christian church.
But he doesn't.

I am with Ring (and INF I think) in that I want to find a way to keep Green. Yeah, I don't want to pay him more than Kieff, but he is a keeper. Especially after last night. He really impacted the game, even when his shot wasn't there.
What the...?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

No idea what happened there...

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

I don't think Green is going to get any huge offers. I would expect an IT type of offer.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Green's a guy who thinks he's better than he is. He tries to do too much rather than play off others and play within himself. I still like him on the team and think he's a great fit. But he needs to better pick and choose his spots...or at least the coaches have to make him aware, or more aware, of this.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

I like Green's brio. The problem is that there is a logjam at guard and wing. Some significant decisions will have to occur eventually about the future of Tyler, Archie and T.J. They can't keep playing in the D League for the next couple of years. And there's Bogdanovic, who is developing rapidly in Europe.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I like Green a lot and want to keep him. I hope he doesn't get some crazy high offer from another team that wants to start him. Honestly that wouldn't even be good for Green. His NBA destiny is to be a microwave off the bench and feast on backup SGs, not to start and play 38 minutes a game and be overexposed for his inconsistency.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

OK, so, keep Green, and Dragic obviously, and Bled, and Kieff so therefore also Marcus... so, you guys want to lose Tucker or Warren?

I guess this conversation is moot anyways since the plan is to trade any and everyone as soon as a star is available.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I think well end up keeping Green and moving Thomas.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I think well end up keeping Green and moving Thomas.
I think we like IT, and won't trade him unless we get value in return, which we won't, so he'll stay.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I think of Tucker as our replacement for Jared Dudley, who was our replacement for Raja Bell. I know these are not direct replacements, but you get what I mean. And I think we were smart to trade out those guys at the right time. I see the same for Tucker. I am hoping TJ can fill that role (albeit his defense is not there).

Indy

Post by Indy »

OE32 wrote:
I think we like IT, and won't trade him unless we get value in return, which we won't, so he'll stay.
I can see us getting value in return for him. His contract is a decent value, especially if he ends up being in the top 3 for points off the bench. And again, he leads our team in PER (and is the only one on our roster in the top 50 in the NBA). I think we see many more of his flaws than the rest of the league does.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
OE32 wrote:
I can see us getting value in return for him. His contract is a decent value, especially if he ends up being in the top 3 for points off the bench. And again, he leads our team in PER (and is the only one on our roster in the top 50 in the NBA). I think we see many more of his flaws than the rest of the league does.
+1. He doesn't pass the eye test for some here with what he does on the court but man is he efficient at what he does!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

"It was heat of the moment," Morris said. "Coach knows I've got a lot of respect for him. As soon as the game was over, I apologized to him and the team, especially the younger guys for them having to see that. I felt like I got hit in the nose and my nose was bleeding and he had took me out so I was really upset about it.

"When I apologized to Jeff, he said, 'You don't have to apologize.' He knows. He's been a player. I hate that it had to be televised like just because it seemed worse than what it was."

The technical and bench situation squelched the momentum of an 8-2 run that had reduced the Minnesota lead to one.

"He was mad about it and I took him out and that's the way it is," Hornacek said. "He's fine. We're all competing for the game. He said some thing sin the locker room to the guys. All good and you move on."
http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /21427639/