Jermaine O'Neal

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Uncle_Gene

Re: Jermaine O'Neal

Post by Uncle_Gene »

SDC wrote:lol. dont get me wrong. Isaiah Thomas is better than frye.

but the suns were a better team with frye last season than with IT this season.
Perhaps, but I don't remember many times that Frye scored 20+ pts last season and saved the Suns.
Phoenix Suns 2024-25 NBA Champions !

SDC

Post by SDC »

Uncle_Gene wrote:
SDC wrote:lol. dont get me wrong. Isaiah Thomas is better than frye.

but the suns were a better team with frye last season than with IT this season.
Perhaps, but I don't remember many times that Frye scored 20+ pts last season and saved the Suns.
he didnt need to.

he spaces the floor well and helps the offense become more efficient.

jkalldaway

Post by jkalldaway »

O'Neal was a cancer in the locker room and McD's draft pick, Len, is doing just fine in that spot.

jkalldaway

Post by jkalldaway »

Also why is this a thread??

SDC

Post by SDC »

jkalldaway wrote:O'Neal was a cancer in the locker room and McD's draft pick, Len, is doing just fine in that spot.
the suns players loved him while he was there.

SDC

Post by SDC »

jkalldaway wrote:Also why is this a thread??
and why are you here?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

+1

Not sure what's more absurd. Your ridiculous disdain for our GM or making a thread dedicated to acquiring O'Neal. You could have brought it up in an existing thread. Seems like someone seeking attention.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

AmareIsGod wrote:
+1

Not sure what's more absurd. Your ridiculous disdain for our GM or making a thread dedicated to acquiring O'Neal. You could have brought it up in an existing thread. Seems like someone seeking attention.
No kidding? :lol:

jkalldaway

Post by jkalldaway »

SDC not true, he was known as a cancer. Fact is, I have direct knowledge and you don't.

jkalldaway

Post by jkalldaway »

SDC wrote:
and why are you here?
To point out the absurdity of this thread. O'NEAL? REALLY? That's the move that you will be happy with McD making?

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

SDC does have a point -- behind Len, Kieff and Plum, the Suns are paper thin at the power positions. Maybe not J O'Neal, though...I trust jk on this.

That being said, I don't think that many people would agree with much of what SDC says nowadays. It wasn't always that way.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
+1

No kidding? :lol:
Never!

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

jkalldaway wrote:O'Neal was a cancer in the locker room and McD's draft pick, Len, is doing just fine in that spot.
Was he really? I do not remember that season very well, so can't remember if he was or not. What did he do?

SDC

Post by SDC »

jkalldaway wrote:
SDC wrote:
and why are you here?
To point out the absurdity of this thread. O'NEAL? REALLY? That's the move that you will be happy with McD making?
other teams that are more successful than the suns think jermaine oneal is a positive addition to their squad.

SDC

Post by SDC »

jkalldaway wrote:SDC not true, he was known as a cancer. Fact is, I have direct knowledge and you don't.
his former suns teammates think otherwise.

jkalldaway

Post by jkalldaway »

SDC, fact of the matter is...his former PHOENIX teammates do not. If you want to pm me to swap information, that's fine, but I'm not leaving it here. Regardless, the notion that Jermaine O'Neal is the one move you would approve our astute GM of making is mind boggling to me.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

We don't all have to agree with sdc's idea of going after J. O'Neal. But I think it's just fine for him to suggest it, and I also think it's fine for him to make a thread about it. Yes, it could have gone in one of the other threads, but I think we tend to err on the side of too few threads here. I wish we had more, so that we didn't have 12 separate discussions all going on under "around the league" or "suns news week 17" or some other heading that is harder to find.

EDC

Post by EDC »

I definitely think a rental big could help us out this season. I just don't think O'neal has anything really left in the tank.

I also didn't know he isn't liked by former Suns teammates. Interesting to hear that.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yep, good to know. Thanks, jk.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

SDC

Post by SDC »

jkalldaway wrote:SDC, fact of the matter is...his former PHOENIX teammates do not. If you want to pm me to swap information, that's fine, but I'm not leaving it here. Regardless, the notion that Jermaine O'Neal is the one move you would approve our astute GM of making is mind boggling to me.
you can say it here. so we can verify. you're not referring to his clash with the suns front office are you?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nb ... s/1857105/
The Phoenix Suns have plenty of struggles to continue working through. A rift between general manager Lance Blanks and veteran big man Jermaine O'Neal, however, does not appear to be one of them.

Blanks, whose team is 13-28 overall and has lost 13 of its last 15 games, said reports of his heated verbal argument with O'Neal in the coach's office Monday were overblown and in no way connected to the recent promotion of player development coach Lindsey Hunter to interim head coach. Former coach Alvin Gentry was, for all intents and purposes, fired on Jan. 18.
iirc, dan majerle did something worse after the gentry firing.