KEVIN DURANT TRADED TO SUNS

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: KEVIN DURANT TRADED TO SUNS

Post by TOO »

Wally_West wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:08 am
I just speculating, but maybe waiting until Thursday for the press conference is just a courtesy for the Cardinals who are supposed to announce their new head coach on Tuesday, probably have a press conference too. Apparently, it’s the eagles DC, Jonathan Gannon. :?

Doing it Thursday gives the cardinals a couple news days before AZ sports news get dominated by Durant again. 8-)
Please take him.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

TOO wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:07 am
Wally_West wrote:
I just speculating, but maybe waiting until Thursday for the press conference is just a courtesy for the Cardinals who are supposed to announce their new head coach on Tuesday, probably have a press conference too. Apparently, it’s the eagles DC, Jonathan Gannon. :?

Doing it Thursday gives the cardinals a couple news days before AZ sports news get dominated by Durant again. 8-)
Please take him.
I can’t say I’m a fan of the move. Dude had a absolutely stacked defense this year, I could’ve been their damn DC haha

It was easy to defend when the QB you’re facing is Daniel Jones and door dash driver to get to the superbowl. Not a good look to get a guy who eagle fans are happy is leaving and didn’t look good in the biggest gamer of his career. Then again, he facing the possible future goat in Patrick Mahomes. It is what it is.

We’ll see, I guess. Next year was always a stop gap year for the cards regardless.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Wally_West wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:59 am
TOO wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:07 am
Wally_West wrote:

Please take him.
I can’t say I’m a fan of the move. Dude had a absolutely stacked defense this year, I could’ve been their damn DC haha

It was easy to defend when the QB you’re facing is Daniel Jones and door dash driver to get to the superbowl. Not a good look to get a guy who eagle fans are happy is leaving and didn’t look good in the biggest gamer of his career. Then again, he facing the possible future goat in Patrick Mahomes. It is what it is.

We’ll see, I guess. Next year was always a stop gap year for the cards regardless.
He's was pretty bad in the 2nd half of games all year once the offense had adjusted to the scheme. He just stuck with the plan, never changed coverages or blitzed when the front 4 weren't getting it done. Won't be sad if he goes.

With that said, you never know with HC, last 2 Philly has hired were considered underwhelming by most and they were more than sufficient.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:04 am
Hope Bazley and Warren can play against the Kings tomorrow. That way TJ can get injured before KD even has his press conference.
Stop that! He may get injured during his own press conference.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Bobster wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:43 am
The press conference for Warren and Bazley is today...
When? Did we miss it?

"Be Legendary."

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

Such a joy to my eyes...still feels unreal
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

TOO

Post by TOO »

I don't know if y’all get how unstoppable the offense is gonna be with him, he does everything well on offense from anywhere on the court, almost guaranteed a good shot on every possession the starters are out there

TOO

Post by TOO »

KD is shooting 56% from the floor while creating most of the shots himself, that's wild.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wow! He's moving well. Excited.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

He’s also been incredible defensively this year…I think he was a top 2 MVP candidate when he got hurt.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:45 pm
He’s also been incredible defensively this year…I think he was a top 2 MVP candidate when he got hurt.
Wouldn't it be something if he took us to the promised land and became MVP of the regular season and Finals. :D I may be getting ahead of myself a little bit.

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Probably getting too far ahead here, but the FIBA World Cup is this summer. KD and Booker were starters on the last Olympic team, so I'm sure there will be some pressure for them to play again. Selfishly, I hope they both skip the tournament this summer.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Yea, let the B team handle that

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

TOO wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:14 pm
I don't know if y’all get how unstoppable the offense is gonna be with him, he does everything well on offense from anywhere on the court, almost guaranteed a good shot on every possession the starters are out there
It just dawned on me yesterday that we will see opponents best defenders not focusing on Booker/Paul for the first time. I made comments about this being a bit of a gut check for Ayton, but it could be even more so for Paul. He'll still carve up defenses, but he really needs to find his midrange shot again.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Like think about a matchup with the Warriors…they liked to put Draymond on CP3 to be able to switch Ayton/Paul PnR with Wiggins on Booker…now they probably have to put Wiggins on KD and Klay gets to guard Book. Book lights him up. They’ll hide Curry on whoever our 5th starter is, but imagine when they go to their “death lineup”…Draymond will have to take Ayton…Wiggins on KD, and that means Klay on Book, Curry on CP3 and Poole on our 5th starter. You put someone like Warren out there and even he could cook Poole.

They can’t switch pnr if Curry is on CP3. There’s going to be no good way to defend the suns. And the warriors are probably one of the best suited. The Clips could put together enough bodies…what is Dallas going to do? They’ll hide Luka, but Kyrie is going to have to guard CP3…they’ll have to play Powell for Ayton. They gonna have Green on Book and that means Christian Wood on KD? Yes please.

I heard the Grizzlies mentioned as a team that could maybe matchup and I don’t see that. They gonna put JJJ on KD? He’ll foul out pretty quick. Brooks on Booker? Is Ja gonna guard CP3? Or Bane?

I think CP3 is gonna see some pretty soft coverage in the playoffs and that’s huge. We’ll get pretty straight forward pnr coverages because teams won’t be able to switch. They might blitz, but hopefully Ayton learns how to handle the 4 on 3…that’s the one slightly questionable thing I see. But we could just go to CP3/KD PNR if that’s the case. Teams are not going to blitz that.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Re: Injuries

You guys throwing some serious shade at TJ though
Geeez man

He's back now, we don't need to justify us trading him away anymore by saying/expecting him to hardly be available smh lol 😳🤐🤦🏾‍♂️

And I think everyone is a little overly concerned about KD
Glad there's some video evidence leaking to put minds at ease cause feels like some were nervous he's not coming back immediately after the Break

Only positive thoughts fellas (for both of them) ✌🏾👍🏾
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:25 pm
Re: Injuries

You guys throwing some serious shade at TJ though
Geeez man

He's back now, we don't need to justify us trading him away anymore by saying/expecting him to hardly be available smh lol 😳🤐🤦🏾‍♂️

And I think everyone is a little overly concerned about KD
Glad there's some video evidence leaking to put minds at ease cause feels like some were nervous he's not coming back immediately after the Break

Only positive thoughts fellas (for both of them) ✌🏾👍🏾
I also have positive thoughts about you fixing your avatar some day. :P

"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

😂😅

I know man
I tried changing the Avatar using my phone and that happened
Tried putting back the previous Twin Image and was still having issues

I might finally get back a laptop soon and figure it all out 😳😳
So apologies for my knuckle brain moment 🤦🏾‍♂️
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

We gave a pick away to get rid of TJ

Then we sent 5 picks over to acquire him

Include the pick we used to draft him

TJ has cost us 7 picks

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:57 pm
We gave a pick away to get rid of TJ

Then we sent 5 picks over to acquire him

Include the pick we used to draft him

TJ has cost us 7 picks
Haha!! That's one way of looking at it.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass