All Things Ayton

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Drewsprocket

Re: All Things Ayton

Post by Drewsprocket »

Lol

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

I got nothing, just wanted to make the 1000th post in this thread❤️

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

1,000th reply, 1,001st post.

Not like it matters. Most of us are just shitposting in
here anyway.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:18 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:56 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:47 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:09 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:16 am
The sooner the organization ships out that half ass effort, inconsistent 7ft center, the quicker we can approach a championship. It's the goddamn playoffs and he still doesn't know how to show up. You've got KD out rebounding him and getting 3 blocks. Where the fuck is our useless giant?
Durant: 8.7 rpg in 42.5 mpg (7.3 reb per 36)

Ayton: 10.5 rpg in 33.7 mpg (11.2 reb per 36)

Ayton: 6'11"

Durant: 6'10" (most say he's taller than that)
I'm talking about game 1 against Denver when he looked like he had bong rips before the game based on his half assed nonchalant effort. And you know that was my point. Not his regular season comparison to Durant.
You said playoffs. That's their playoffs stats. Not regular season. I thought that was obvious, since Durant doesn't play 42.5 mpg in the regular season.
Are you seriously going to argue with anyone here that Ayton is playing to his worth this postseason? Especially this past game against Denver? Or is it Monty's fault Ayton has a shit motor because he's playing Ayton on the perimeter (which he's not)? Eventually you need to open your eyes and admit Ayton has been disappointing as hell this postseason and absolutely terrible game 1 vs Denver.
At this point, I’m convinced that Jeremy is just trolling the board regarding to Ayton, enjoying all the attention and posting about him, even if it is all mockery and beating. He goes for the kink in the argument, not for the overall point, and likes to be “right” on the irrelevant. Stop wasting your time and energy, is like trying to get Ayton to dunk every time he can.

Jeremy is not defending Ayton, is toying with you dragging you into arguing for the sake of it, instead of actually being open to change his mind.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Not what I had in mind when the evangelists were preaching Playoff Ayton.

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 4:27 pm
Not what I had in mind when the evangelists were preaching Playoff Ayton.

Cherry picking! It's out of context! It's not his fault.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:17 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:09 pm

Durant: 8.7 rpg in 42.5 mpg (7.3 reb per 36)

Ayton: 10.5 rpg in 33.7 mpg (11.2 reb per 36)

Ayton: 6'11"

Durant: 6'10" (most say he's taller than that)
I'm talking about game 1 against Denver when he looked like he had bong rips before the game based on his half assed nonchalant effort. And you know that was my point. Not his regular season comparison to Durant.
You said playoffs. That's their playoffs stats. Not regular season. I thought that was obvious, since Durant doesn't play 42.5 mpg in the regular season.
Are you seriously going to argue with anyone here that Ayton is playing to his worth this postseason? Especially this past game against Denver? Or is it Monty's fault Ayton has a shit motor because he's playing Ayton on the perimeter (which he's not)? Eventually you need to open your eyes and admit Ayton has been disappointing as hell this postseason and absolutely terrible game 1 vs Denver.
He goes for the kink in the argument, not for the overall point, and likes to be “right” on the irrelevant.
So Ayton and Durant’s overall playoff rebound numbers are irrelevant but their rebounding numbers in one isolated game is the overall relevant point. Got it.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 5:31 pm
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

He goes for the kink in the argument, not for the overall point, and likes to be “right” on the irrelevant.
So Ayton and Durant’s overall playoff rebound numbers are irrelevant but their rebounding numbers in one isolated game is the overall relevant point. Got it.
You've been impressed consistently with his 2023 postseason play and effort? Scroll up. 70th out of 71 players in postseason BPM.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

This thread man. 50 pages of just arguing with Jeremy. Ain’t y’all tired?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Wally_West wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 6:15 pm
At least we're keeping it in one thread 🤣 I like this so much more than dominating game day threads.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

TOO

Post by TOO »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 6:01 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 5:31 pm
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

You've been impressed consistently with his 2023 postseason play and effort? Scroll up. 70th out of 71 players in postseason BPM.
How Jeremy probably sees BPM = Bad Plays Monty.

TOO

Post by TOO »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 6:32 pm
Wally_West wrote:
At least we're keeping it in one thread 🤣 I like this so much more than dominating game day threads.
This.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Except you tried to take it to the Monty thread, and I had to bring it over here. ;)

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 6:57 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Except you tried to take it to the Monty thread, and I had to bring it over here. ;)
Good point! But the Monty thread is sometimes a Monty vs Ayton battle.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think I found JeremyG on Suns Reddit. The post history of NBA posts is almost entirely Ayton defenses.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 10:52 pm
I think I found JeremyG on Suns Reddit. The post history of NBA posts is almost entirely Ayton defenses.

Lol I kept talking about how Ayton did defend the three point shooters (too much).

I don't know who that poster is, but there are a lot of Ayton defenders among the Suns fanbase. I just wish more of them would join this forum. :P

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Tonight:

Ayton: 7-10 (70%)

Rest of the team: 31-85 (36.5%)

Should Ayton have gotten some of those 85 attempts? We sure needed some offense from somewhere.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Nailed it.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I didn’t have any problems with Ayton tonight. He and Book played well. That’s it. CP3 did start to get it going before he got hurt.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Suns blew an eminently winnable game and wasted great efforts by Ayton and Booker. But...with the minutes logged by KD...is it so surprising to see his shots fall short all the time?