Around the League: Week 11 1/5-1/11

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: Around the League: Week 11 1/5-1/11

Post by Indy »

Regardless, I guess it's time for my participation in this discussion to brought to an end.
Your guess is wrong. We should keep discussing anything that we feel strongly about...

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Informer asks good questions and isn't satisfied with pat answers. I respect that.

I may not agree with him all the time, but I admire his vigilance in pursuit of a substantial answer.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

virtual9mm wrote:Let's not get personal about it. For the record, you should check out the "cultural impact" factor on this link, which is a semi-objective way of comparing different cities. There are different rankings with significant differences, but for the purpose of cross-referencing Chicago, Toronto and Phoenix, the ranking should be more or less similar.

http://www.atkearney.com/documents/1019 ... 8eaf984cd5
Interesting find. Thanks for the info.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Beasley is getting sued for sexual assault (which happened during his time here).

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/loc ... /21686411/

A former Phoenix Suns player was accused of sexually assaulting a woman at his Scottsdale home in early 2013 in a lawsuit filed in federal court Monday afternoon.

The woman accused Michael Beasley, who the Suns waived in September 2013 following an arrest for marijuana possession, of stripping her clothing, choking her until she was unconscious and repeatedly sexually assaulting her, according to court documents.

A representative for Beasley did not immediately respond to a request for comment Tuesday morning.

Scottsdale police previously acknowledged in May 2013 that detectives were investigating the incident, but no criminal charges were filed in the case.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Regardless, I guess it's time for my participation in this discussion to brought to an end.
Your guess is wrong. We should keep discussing anything that we feel strongly about...
LazarusLong wrote:Informer asks good questions and isn't satisfied with pat answers. I respect that.

I may not agree with him all the time, but I admire his vigilance in pursuit of a substantial answer.
+2
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

SDC

Post by SDC »

Shabazz wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
INFORMER wrote:Toronto isn't a large market. It may have diversity and culture, but it's not Chicago, LA or NY.
Huh? Toronto is actually a larger market than Chicago in terms of population.
Come on. It's not merely a matter of population size.
So what point were you trying to make? It has every bit of culture that Chicago has, more diversity and roughly the same population. Maybe you meant to say it's not a "glamour" market?
yep, it is diverse and has culture, but (african) americans dont want to play there. euros dont mind toronto, though.

carey

Post by carey »

INFORMER wrote:
carey wrote:Cause you do this all the time.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't agree (oops, I guess that proves your point) and I think you are making an inaccurate, sweeping assertion. I would hope I could change your mind, but I am also not inclined to waste time in what is probably a pointless endeavor. You have gone out of your way to remind the board that you don't approve of my "style" on a number of occasions, so I would think enough is enough.
carey wrote:You dig in on a point that is largely inconsequential
And yet it is consequential enough for you to get antagonistic.
carey wrote:You like to argue and I guarantee you don't even care about this particular issue
I'm really perplexed why you feel the need to figure me out and be a constant critic of my posts. And that you so definitively claim to know what I'm thinking and what my motives are is just weird.

I'm honestly not complex. What you see is what you get. I'm not going to talk about something I don't care about or don't have an interest in. And when I state an opinion, 99.9% of the time, it's what I believe.

In this case, I don't feel it's a certainty that the Suns couldn't have signed Gasol. I'm sorry that offends you so much, but I promise you it's what I believe.

I have no problem with JCSunsfan, or 'bazz, or anyone disagreeing with me, and I thought this discussion/debate (or argument, as you say) was, devoid of any animus until you decided to deliver your needless barbs.

Then we disagree with what antagonism is. Have I called you names? Have I threatened in any way? Am I even baiting you into anything? Trolling you in anyway? I'm merely saying you do this a lot. Just like I always complain about people posting stuff I've already posted constantly (because it happens all the time.) I could care less about the Suns signing Gasol, if the could have, would have, whatever. My main point was that it was widely known about Gasol's outside of basketball interests and saying Phoenix is remotely on the same scale culturally as an international city like Toronto is really, really off base. And that you would use a touring production like Cirque du Soleil to further your point? It just seemed like you were digging in to dig in. Not like you had a particular dog in the fight.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
carey wrote:Cause you do this all the time.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't agree (oops, I guess that proves your point) and I think you are making an inaccurate, sweeping assertion. I would hope I could change your mind, but I am also not inclined to waste time in what is probably a pointless endeavor. You have gone out of your way to remind the board that you don't approve of my "style" on a number of occasions, so I would think enough is enough.
carey wrote:You dig in on a point that is largely inconsequential
And yet it is consequential enough for you to get antagonistic.
carey wrote:You like to argue and I guarantee you don't even care about this particular issue
I'm really perplexed why you feel the need to figure me out and be a constant critic of my posts. And that you so definitively claim to know what I'm thinking and what my motives are is just weird.

I'm honestly not complex. What you see is what you get. I'm not going to talk about something I don't care about or don't have an interest in. And when I state an opinion, 99.9% of the time, it's what I believe.

In this case, I don't feel it's a certainty that the Suns couldn't have signed Gasol. I'm sorry that offends you so much, but I promise you it's what I believe.

I have no problem with JCSunsfan, or 'bazz, or anyone disagreeing with me, and I thought this discussion/debate (or argument, as you say) was, devoid of any animus until you decided to deliver your needless barbs.

Then we disagree with what antagonism is. Have I called you names? Have I threatened in any way? Am I even baiting you into anything? Trolling you in anyway? I'm merely saying you do this a lot. Just like I always complain about people posting stuff I've already posted constantly (because it happens all the time.) I could care less about the Suns signing Gasol, if the could have, would have, whatever. My main point was that it was widely known about Gasol's outside of basketball interests and saying Phoenix is remotely on the same scale culturally as an international city like Toronto is really, really off base. And that you would use a touring production like Cirque du Soleil to further your point? It just seemed like you were digging in to dig in. Not like you had a particular dog in the fight.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:[ Image ]
I just can't get that song out of my head. It's great.

SDC

Post by SDC »

toronto is not exactly minnesota or milwaukee, but they are in the same northern cold region. how progressive(blue) the states are or how those places are "cultural capitals" doesnt matter to american basketball players.

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote:
I appreciate your valuable input on this matter.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

If y'all want to post nonstop memes and shit, go to bright side of the sun. It's all they do there.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Indy wrote:
I appreciate your valuable input on this matter.
Thank you. I appreciate all your links.

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:If y'all want to post nonstop memes and shit, go to bright side of the sun. It's all they do there.
Tell me that wasn't hilarious.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

carey wrote:If y'all want to post nonstop memes and shit, go to bright side of the sun. It's all they do there.
No worries cary, you and bazz got INF on that one.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Tell me that wasn't hilarious.
Weird Al is a legend in his own right lol.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

carey wrote:and saying Phoenix is remotely on the same scale culturally as an international city like Toronto is really, really off base
I never said that. The only city I compared Phoenix to was OKC, and that was to say Phoenix is not OKC, implying Phoenix would have more to offer.

I did say Toronto was not a large market, but that was in comparison to the Big 3.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.