All Things Ayton

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SunsRIt

Re: All Things Ayton

Post by SunsRIt »

Maybe this will wake him up.

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

I'm not a Smith fan...but this is how I felt...and many others I bet...sorry if this was posted elsewhere...

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Vladimir_Taltos wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 9:11 am
I'm not a Smith fan...but this is how I felt...and many others I bet...sorry if this was posted elsewhere...
It was. By you!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 2:15 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 11:26 am
Superbone wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 11:18 am
JeremyG wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 11:04 am
Superbone wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 9:31 am

Do you agree that Ayton was the most important player in our victory in Game 3 and had the biggest impact on the game?
I'm not going to dignify something this insulting to my intelligence with an answer.
What was your point about the graphic?
I thought it was funny, and that you all would get a kick out of it. Thus the laughing emoji.
Due to your history, the laughing emoji alone isn't enough to know your meaning behind it.
Yes, a caricatured history.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Vladimir_Taltos

Hey, I'm laid out sick on 2 days of not eating...so...oops...aside from which...he needs to hear this shit...like a dozen times. Check the thread on Twitter...some hysterical shit there...
Last edited by Vladimir_Taltos on Sun May 07, 2023 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Vladimir_Taltos wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 10:39 am
Hey, I'm laid out sick on 2 days of not eating...so...oops...
Oh no! Hope you feel better soon!

Vladimir_Taltos

More correctly...the funny stuff is under...

Vladimir_Taltos

Vladimir_Taltos

Cap

Post by Cap »

ChatGPT’s analysis:
Deandre Ayton is one of the most exciting young players in the NBA today. Standing at 7'0" and weighing 250 pounds, Ayton's size and athleticism make him a force to be reckoned with on both ends of the court.

Offensively, Ayton is incredibly versatile. He has a smooth shooting stroke from mid-range and has shown flashes of being able to hit from three-point range as well. However, his bread and butter is his ability to dominate in the paint. Ayton is a skilled post player with great footwork and a soft touch around the rim. He has a variety of moves he can go to in the post, including a baby hook, drop step, and turnaround jumper. His size and strength allow him to finish through contact and he's a great rebounder, averaging 10.5 rebounds per game in his young career.

Defensively, Ayton has the tools to be one of the best in the league. He has great lateral quickness for a player his size and can move his feet well on the perimeter. In the paint, he's a strong shot-blocker and alters numerous shots each game. Ayton has the potential to be a defensive anchor for the Phoenix Suns for many years to come.

One area where Ayton could improve is his passing. While he's not a bad passer by any means, he doesn't currently have great court vision and isn't a natural playmaker. However, as he continues to develop and gain experience, this is an area that he could improve in.

Overall, Deandre Ayton is a dynamic young player with an incredibly high ceiling. If he continues to work hard and develop his skills, there's no doubt that he'll become one of the league's premier big men for years to come.
I think “finish through contact” is my favorite part.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Superbone wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 2:25 am
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 1:05 am
Furlanfufi wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 12:25 am
Superbone wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 8:39 pm
What happened to this guy?!

How can someone UNLEARN how to dribble to the basket and dunk?
The speed the game is played and the strength of the players around you goes great lengths on how you play as well, playing versus your boys on the backyard allows you a lot more that going to the local gym and being just average. Bo Outlaw used to be unstoppable on summer games.

No wonder Ayton struggles a lot against players bigger than him, or with quicker hands (this latter, it’s just about everyone)
So you’re saying he learned he can’t do it any more against NBA competition and stopped trying?
Sadly, that’s kind of my point, the guy lost the physical advantage and didn’t feel comfortable batting against equal competition. He plays basketball for a living, not as a passion, so he doesn’t want to leave it all on the court, risking his way of life. I’m also pretty sure he is absolutely afraid of getting hurt during an air sequence and therefore he mostly only dunks on clear paths to the basket. Combine the above, sprinkle some gaming addiction and voilà, you get second contract Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 11:31 am
ChatGPT’s analysis:
Deandre Ayton is one of the most exciting young players in the NBA today. Standing at 7'0" and weighing 250 pounds, Ayton's size and athleticism make him a force to be reckoned with on both ends of the court.

Offensively, Ayton is incredibly versatile. He has a smooth shooting stroke from mid-range and has shown flashes of being able to hit from three-point range as well. However, his bread and butter is his ability to dominate in the paint. Ayton is a skilled post player with great footwork and a soft touch around the rim. He has a variety of moves he can go to in the post, including a baby hook, drop step, and turnaround jumper. His size and strength allow him to finish through contact and he's a great rebounder, averaging 10.5 rebounds per game in his young career.

Defensively, Ayton has the tools to be one of the best in the league. He has great lateral quickness for a player his size and can move his feet well on the perimeter. In the paint, he's a strong shot-blocker and alters numerous shots each game. Ayton has the potential to be a defensive anchor for the Phoenix Suns for many years to come.

One area where Ayton could improve is his passing. While he's not a bad passer by any means, he doesn't currently have great court vision and isn't a natural playmaker. However, as he continues to develop and gain experience, this is an area that he could improve in.

Overall, Deandre Ayton is a dynamic young player with an incredibly high ceiling. If he continues to work hard and develop his skills, there's no doubt that he'll become one of the league's premier big men for years to come.
Makes sense since ChatGPT's recent history is limited.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Cap wrote:
ChatGPT’s analysis:

Surprised he was able to make a child.

Vladimir_Taltos

TOO...

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Cap

Post by Cap »

Woo hoo! Fourth-leading scorer in the win! Great game, D!

Vladimir_Taltos

I wish he could have at least drawn a few more fouls...he pulled 3 in the first 1/3? of the game and 1 the rest...still, I guess better net out than the prior outtings...though Jokovic putting up 53 wasn't an awesome sign either...

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

If he just puts in the effort, I'm happy. Tonight he did. Even dove on the floor for a loose ball.

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Djokovic plays tennis.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 8:04 pm
If he just puts in the effort, I'm happy. Tonight he did. Even dove on the floor for a loose ball.
It was kinda funny how he started and ended the game with great hustle plays.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Cap wrote:
ChatGPT’s analysis:

Very accurate. Two and-1's tonight.