2023 Playoffs: Suns-Nuggets Round 2 News Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: 2023 Playoffs: Suns-Nuggets Round 2 News Thread

Post by TOO »

Wally_West wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 8:56 am

This.
31/10/5 for the series, this aint it. Yeah, his 3pt shot is AWOL, but he's doing everything else, including picking up the slack Ayton has left defensively and on the boards.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

TOO wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 10:38 am
Wally_West wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 8:56 am

This.
31/10/5 for the series, this aint it. Yeah, his 3pt shot is AWOL, but he's doing everything else, including picking up the slack Ayton has left defensively and on the boards.
Agreed. Such a bullshit narrative. It's not like KD doesn't want it or KD is half assing it. We're not talking Ayton. He's just not making his shot but he's trying to get it done however he can in lieu of.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't really know what more folks want from KD; 30+ ppg and great defense, what else do you want? He has had a few games where his shooting wasn't excellent, but he still put up great numbers and was solid on both ends of the floor. I don't want KD to hog the ball; I appreciate that he's coexisting with Book and looking for open guys and passing the ball. And I appreciate the effort he is putting in on defense. I can't think of any reason to be mad at KD, other than, "I thought this guy was a cheat code for winning a title"?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 11:12 am
I don't really know what more folks want from KD; 30+ ppg and great defense, what else do you want? He has had a few games where his shooting wasn't excellent, but he still put up great numbers and was solid on both ends of the floor. I don't want KD to hog the ball; I appreciate that he's coexisting with Book and looking for open guys and passing the ball. And I appreciate the effort he is putting in on defense. I can't think of any reason to be mad at KD, other than, "I thought this guy was a cheat code for winning a title"?
Better efficiency.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Superbone wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 12:13 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Better efficiency.
I think some of this is on Monty. When Book is on the bench, KD is running ISO after ISO and shooting heavily contested jumpers while everyone else stands around. Of course we're not gonna get great efficiency. Why are we not running any offense that moves KD off the ball and creating some looks for him off the catch?

ShadowHawke

Post by ShadowHawke »

Part of it may be not having a healthy KD long enough along with all the other changes. Hasn't been a great year for continuity.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I could go for a CP3 15 for 15 game as he returns from injury

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Last edited by AmareIsGod on Wed May 10, 2023 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Shabazz wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 1:03 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Better efficiency.
I think some of this is on Monty. When Book is on the bench, KD is running ISO after ISO and shooting heavily contested jumpers while everyone else stands around. Of course we're not gonna get great efficiency. Why are we not running any offense that moves KD off the ball and creating some looks for him off the catch?
This. Asking KD to run repeated ISO plays is asking for failure. And that falls on Monty. He's a completely different coach on the road.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Superbone wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Better efficiency.
Not when he’s playing 2 v 5 on the floor. Not gonna happen. This is the best we’re going to get if the Suns can’t capitalize on other teams loading up on KD or Book.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

There’s a decent chance both have played their last games as Suns.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Shabazz wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 5:24 pm
There’s a decent chance both have played their last games as Suns.
Appreciate the good years we had with both players and just unfortunate to have to move on, but unfortunately neither fit what we're trying to achieve.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

It's a wrap. To their credit, I thought we'd have a 5 game series after Game 2 but they extended it one more to 6.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I don't think we're done yet. We've got a decent shot in G6 and then G7, anything can happen. I like having Book and Durant in that scenario.

It's such a shame, because the rest of the playoff field looks so beatable.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya…I think there’s a very real possibility that we would’ve won the title if we were able to keep Crowder out of the KD trade and used him to add 1 more significant piece.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

This team is more than capable to bounce back again, after going under 0-2, many felt like avoiding the sweep was the best case scenario, yet they went back to Denver 2-2 with solid performances on both games.

Monty should try to start Booker-Okogie-Craig-Durant-Ayton, to defensively cover KCP-Murray-Gordon-Porter Jr-Jokic. Use Payne as secondary ball handler whenever Booker or Durant rest, to avoid the trapping, round up the bench with T Ross-Landale and Warren

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

I think the cp injury was a blessing in disguise and I think Ayton’s injury will be as well.

That being said. If we do get through this round, I could see them having their moment down the line.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 6:08 pm
I don't think we're done yet. We've got a decent shot in G6 and then G7, anything can happen. I like having Book and Durant in that scenario.

It's such a shame, because the rest of the playoff field looks so beatable.
I think we've looked better with Jock in the lineup. I can definitely see us going to a Game 7 where anything could happen.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."