If you had to predict right now…

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

Which do you see as the most likely scenario for the start of the 2023-24 season?

Poll ended at Fri May 26, 2023 10:33 am

Paul still here, Ayton gone
15%
Ayton still here, Paul gone
15%
Both still here
15%
Both gone
54%

Total votes: 13

JeremyG

If you had to predict right now…

Post by JeremyG »

Let’s get it on record. :P
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

wpmiller42

Re: If you had to predict right now…

Post by wpmiller42 »

I'd personally still like Paul around, but I think the financial implications of his contract are going to get him moved. If he were to restructure his contract (I don't even know if that's allowed), then I think the odds of him staying go way up.

I really like Ayton, but I think it's clear that for everyone's benefit, he needs to find a place that will allow him to reach his potential, and we need a center that will allow us to reach our potential.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’d put it at 90% chance Ayton is gone. I’m at 60% chance Paul is gone. So I’m going with both gone, but there’s basically a 50% chance I’ll be wrong.

I’d be stunned if both are here…highly surprised if Ayton is still here.

I think the Ayton move needs to happen first. I’d trade him at the draft. Depending on what we can get would probably determine our next move with CP3.

Can he renegotiate his deal and play for the 15.8 million he has guaranteed next year? Or maybe like 20 million instead of 30?

If we trade Ayton to a cap space team and don’t take back the full 32 million, we could maybe keep CP3(at a lower cost) and also get the MLE.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Both gone. The Suns are going to get a deal too good to pass up for Ayton, there seem to be a lot of folks that just think he needs a change of scenery (yours truly included). CP3 does not add value and the latest rumor about the Suns extending him confirms that they are looking to trade him.

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

Ok lets make a guess
Ayton is gone on Draft Night...
Paul is gone by the trade deadline...
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire