Suns Trade For Beal!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: Suns Trade For Beal!

Post by INFORMER »

Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I think Jones deserves a fair bit of credit for course correcting the culture post McD era. We stopped hearing the speculation about Booker potentially asking out of Phoenix once Jones got things on track by getting rid of all the bums and hiring Monty.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya no one wanted to come play with Booker in Phoenix before Jones and Monty…they did want to get him out though. I remember Draymond saying as much

SunsSince92

Post by SunsSince92 »

JeremyG wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:55 pm
I think I would still try to get a starting point guard (or even start Payne), play Beal at the 2, move Booker to the 3, Durant at the 4, and Ayton at the 5. Someone might be willing to sign for the vet min, or we could even do a trade for up to about $7M (Payne) or use the TPE for $5M.
It'll be interesting to see whether this trade increases the pool of players willing to take the vet min to come to Phoenix. I'm not expecting a sudden deluge but you'd have to assume it might turn the heads of those that would previously have been on the fence about signing for the Suns.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

I wouldn’t mind someone like Dennis Schroder, who has played for Vogel before.

I would rather have a point guard like that than having a Craig or Okogie as the 5th starter at forward.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Not sure what to expect from Jordan Goodwin but seeing how pissed Wizards fans are about him being in the deal makes me think we got a decent player lol

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Wally_West wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:21 am
Not sure what to expect from Jordan Goodwin but seeing how pissed Wizards fans are about him being in the deal makes me think we got a decent player lol
Best Suns’ Goodwin ever?

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser »

Wally_West wrote:
Same. Seems to be friends with BB, too.
Great sneaky addition.

No way this trade will be our downfall.
The mayor risk is/was how much we gave up for KD.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Wally_West wrote:
I'm not buying it all that much. A lot of fans overvalue their young guys who flash in situations without pressure and set unrealistic developmental expectations. They know they're going to be terrible and Goodwin is young and cheap, that should really be the extent of their anger. Maybe he turns into a solid rotation player, but it's not like they gave up a potential All-Star or something even remotely close to that.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Great read on the role that Beal may play here, from 2022. A lot of it is quite...prophetic. But it encourages me to think that he and Book can tag team it.

https://www.bulletsforever.com/2022/1/1 ... oint-guard

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

specialsauce wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:38 pm
ShelC wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:12 pm
Yea it's not as simple as Beal>CP so the Suns>Nuggets.
Still have NO interest???
That was 2 days ago! The money and cap situation still concerns me, as does not having any picks. If we flip DA for some decent pieces I'll feel a little bit better. I'd love to see us try and buy into the draft this year. But getting Beal in a salary dump is better than any situation with CP next year. I just didn't see how we could move the needle with him onboard, even with the waive and re-sign option nor did I want to bet us on clearing space for the exceptions and hitting on the right FAs.

We're charged up because we traded for a $50mil go-to type of All-Star who chose us, but there's still a lot of work to be done. And if it doesn't work, we might feel some pain later on.

V1king8687

Post by V1king8687 »

Bradley Freakin' BEAL!! unbelievable trade.. Never would I have imagined this deal would've gotten done without Ayton being a part of it. If Vogel can turn Ayton around (which is possible) this team might be the best offensive team in the league. I'd still like to add a rim protector (McGee?) And move Ayton to PF, Durant to SF to keep him healthier, and exploit mis-matches. I've seen a lot of people criticizing this trade, but Shamet and Grandfather Paul 2nd rounders for Beal? You HAVE to make that trade. Especially since the likelihood of this being Paul's last season.

Now, in response to the critics saying we're building our team the wrong way, and that's not how the Nuggets built their team.. Let's be honest, not many teams can draft Jokic to build around in the 2nd round! We're playing with the cards we have, and the Nuggets obviously lucked out drafting Jokic. We wasn't going to spend Bookers prime years hoping to draft a counterpart for Booker with the same skill set as KD. We all know the draft is a crap shoot. Me, personally.. I like the way we're building our team with already proven talent.

Great trade for the Suns! A+ as most teams would likely make this same trade.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It was pointed out on Twitter that if the Suns end up somehow also getting Kuzma, he and Booker are Eskimo brothers... Awkward.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

He seems to be taking it well. Found out on the plane but he had to know it was coming

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:39 am
It was pointed out on Twitter that if the Suns end up somehow also getting Kuzma, he and Booker are Eskimo brothers... Awkward.
Bahaha…. Hilarious. Another “the league” fan? Miss that show… 😂

Interesting trade…. Glad we got something for Paul but not sure it’s the piece we need but definitely a net positive.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

INFORMER wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:29 pm
I hate Leezus but just build a statue for Book now, might as well. Even if he doesn’t deliver a trophy he is the best Sun

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Insider Article

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Without any more major trades or signings, I would guess the plan right now is to play Booker at SF and start Payne at PG (and assuming they are looking to re-sign Craig, Okogie, Biyombo and Landale) -

C Ayton, Landale, Biyombo
PF Durant, Craig
SF Booker, Okogie
SG Beal
PG Payne, Goodwin

The other option of course would be to start Booker at PG and Craig or Okogie at SF -

C Ayton, Landale, Biyombo
PF Durant
SF Craig, Okogie
SG Beal
PG Booker, Payne, Goodwin
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

This feels like an April Fools joke. Beal for CP3 and Shamet? Too good to be true. Next up, Ayton for KAT

Are we going to see Beal get back to his high % 3 point shooting? It would be huge for the Suns if he and Book can both pressure the defense from a step behind the 3 point line.

Can Beal stay healthy? We hope so, because he's not too old yet, but he has had some injuries the last couple of years.

Can the Suns get good enough role players so they don't have to play 3 on 5?

Here's where I see us now assuming we bring back the obvious guys.

G - Booker, Beal, Payne, Goodwin
F - Durant, Craig, Okogie
C - Ayton, Biyombo, Landale

Saric, Joseph, Ingles, Seth Curry make sense. I'd love to see some established vet come for for the chance to win a title. I do think we need a legitimate 6th man, but I don't think the roster is in shambles.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan