Game Day: Suns (46-31) @ Pelicans (32-45) , Wed 4/9/14

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Game Day: Suns (46-31) @ Pelicans (32-45) , Wed 4/9/14

Post by Superbone »

Time: 5:00 PM Arizona/Pacific (8:00 PM ET)
Place: Smoothie King Center, New Orleans, LA
TV: FSAZ, NBALP

Keep the pedal to the metal! Gotta finishing out strong to make the playoffs. Our destiny is in our hands.

Go Suns!!!

Dis • cuss
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Re: Game Day: Suns (46-31) @ Pelicans (32-45) , Wed 4/9/14

Post by TOO »

I wanna see Gogi, Bledsoe, and Green all clicking at once.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I'd also like to see Miles dunkface the Brow. :D

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Anthony Davis has back spasms (tanking?) and may not play or may play limited minutes. Here's what ESPN's preview for the game says:
Ryan Anderson PF - Apr 8: Out
Anthony Davis PF - Apr 8: Day-To-Day
Eric Gordon SG - Apr 8: Out

(Davis) scored 32 in the last one and had double-doubles in the first two, but it's unclear how much he'll play Wednesday -- if at all -- due to back spasms.

"He doesn't want to let anybody down, but if he doesn't start to look better in the next couple of days, we have to make a decision on going forward," coach Monty Williams said after Sunday's 100-94 loss at Portland.

Davis had 11 points in the first quarter but only four after that and finished 6 of 18 from the field. He wasn't able to finish either of the previous two games.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't like to make actual game W/L predictions, but if we want to go to the playoffs, we can't afford to drop this game. It means more to us than it does to the Pellies. And we have a healthy roster and they don't. If we lose a game like this, we don't deserve to go to the playoffs anyway.

I have to admit that I almost never see Anthony Davis play. If he's active in this one, I'll pay a lot of attention to him. Though he won't be 100% so I'll try to take that into account. He's supposedly the next big thing in the NBA so I want to see what he can do.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Also, random thought. Every time the Pelicans or Eric Gordon's name come up, I think to myself:

PHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Can you imagine if we sunk however many million dollars into that guy?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It would have been one more nail in Blanks' coffin.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Mori Chu wrote:Also, random thought. Every time the Pelicans or Eric Gordon's name come up, I think to myself:

PHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Can you imagine if we sunk however many million dollars into that guy?
$58 million over 4 years - yeah, I've counted my blessings a few times on that as well.....

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

If we win this game we make the playoffs. If we lose we dont make it. I will take all the blame if we lose this. Or all the credit when we win it.
You sold me two quier giraffes

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

JeffreyLee wrote:If we win this game we make the playoffs. If we lose we dont make it. I will take all the blame if we lose this. Or all the credit when we win it.
Doesn't matter - team's already looking ahead to San Antonio. :lol:

carey

Post by carey »

Sorry guys :( in my defense if you can't beat the Pelicans without Davis, Holiday, and Gordon when it's nut cutting time you don't really belong in the playoffs.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Pitiful defense so far in the second quarter - 22 points by the Pelicans in 5:55.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Everyone's playing like they don't want to be there - no movement, sluggish drives, jogging back on transition D and on and on.....

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

What gets me is, throwing Ryan Anderson in, NO is without their top 4 players. The suns could've easily blown these guys out early and rested most of the 2nd half to can the win and rest up for a huge back-to-back coming up. Instead, we've got Bledsoe logging 31 minutes after 3 and a fucking grudgefest.....

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Yea, but there is a reason why the suns are battling for the 8th seed. Great story this yr, but its not like we're competting for a championship. This was always going to be a tough game IMO, this Hornets team is still better then the Laker team that just routed us on the road.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Yea, but there is a reason why the suns are battling for the 8th seed. Great story this yr, but its not like we're competting for a championship. This was always going to be a tough game IMO, this Hornets team is still better then the Laker team that just routed us on the road.
Uh, no - this team, without Davis, Gordon, Holiday and Anderson is not better than the current Lakers team. No excuse whatsoever for the Suns to let NO be this close.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Yes...they are.

The Lakers start Jodie Meeks,Kendall Marshall,Jordan Hill,Ryan Kelly,Wes Johnson.

Arguably 3 of those guys shouldn't be in the NBA. I'm not making excuses up, because we should be winning by more but this Pelican team would beat the Lakers.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

carey

Post by carey »

Yay! I didn't make them lose!

All I have to say about tonight is Green's athleticism really has to be seen to be believed. One play where he was driving baseline and his defender had him pushed out of bounds basically and he *jumped.* I was like "Wtf is he doing." Instead of jumping out of bounds he manages to twist underneath the backboard and raise his arms up and dunk it. It was a ridiculous dunk that I don't think one other player on the floor could have done.

Ok... one last thing. Tucker's hard work is even more impressive in person. No one on the floor is as intense as that dude.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Yes...they are.

The Lakers start Jodie Meeks,Kendall Marshall,Jordan Hill,Ryan Kelly,Wes Johnson.

Arguably 3 of those guys shouldn't be in the NBA. I'm not making excuses up, because we should be winning by more but this Pelican team would beat the Lakers.
Look up the stats for who NO started tonight: Brian Roberts, Darius Miller, Tyreke Evans, Al-Farouq Aminu and Greg Stiemsma - now, say it again with a straight face that that's better than the Lakers' current team. :lol:

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

carey wrote:Yay! I didn't make them lose!

All I have to say about tonight is Green's athleticism really has to be seen to be believed. One play where he was driving baseline and his defender had him pushed out of bounds basically and he *jumped.* I was like "Wtf is he doing." Instead of jumping out of bounds he manages to twist underneath the backboard and raise his arms up and dunk it. It was a ridiculous dunk that I don't think one other player on the floor could have done.

Ok... one last thing. Tucker's hard work is even more impressive in person. No one on the floor is as intense as that dude.
Gerald Green is the most athletic player I've ever seen - the man's hops are otherworldly. All that was needed was to put it together in a system suited for him.

And I still wouldn't include P.J. Tucker in a trade package for Kevin Love.....