Suns Trade For Beal!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: Suns Trade For Beal!

Post by carey »

I didn't realize Beal isn't even 30 yet. It feels like he's been around forever.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

carey wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:52 am
I didn't realize Beal isn't even 30 yet. It feels like he's been around forever.
Was drafted June 28, 2012, the day of his 19th birthday. He's had 11 full seasons in the league.

Same draft as Anthony Davis, who is a few months older, and Damian Lillard, who is almost 3 years older.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Interesting that the statement came from Matt Ishbia.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

We don't have control of any of our first round picks for a decade. I hope this core can win, because if they don't, we are really really screwed.

Split T

Post by Split T »

It’s not ideal but I don’t think we’re screwed. I see two worst case scenarios:

1. We don’t win in the next 2-3 years and we are mediocre for another 3-4 years and then we have all our picks back.

2. We don’t win in the next 2-3 years and we sell off our best players and collect assets and rebuild moving forward.

We still have Booker who is 26 years old. This isn’t Brooklyn mortgaging the future for KG and Paul Pierce. It’s more like Brooklyn mortgaging it for Harden, Kyrie and KD. They didn’t win and now they are a mediocre team with decent players. Not the worst situation. Or it’s like the Clippers with Kawhi and PG.

Each year we will start getting more picks back and we still will have 4 1sts over the next 7 years. We can draft players or trade the picks on draft night.

It’s not like we’re just stuck with Booker, Beal, KD and vet min players for the next 7 years.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:10 pm
Interesting that the statement came from Matt Ishbia.
The full release has a quote from Jones also:
“We are grateful for everything Chris and Landry added to our organization,” said President of Basketball Operations and General Manager James Jones. “Chris had an immeasurable impact on our team, on and off the court, and we thank him for all he did for the Valley.”

“Brad, Jordan and Isaiah will all help us in our quest for a championship,” added Jones. “Brad possesses the ability to score on all three levels and impact the game on both ends of the court. His professionalism and desire to win is infectious and something that will elevate our program. Jordan’s versatility and tenacity, and Isaiah’s combination of size and skill are great fits for our style of the play and complement our team.”
https://www.nba.com/suns/news/suns-acqu ... odwin-todd

Since the Suns' graphic has Beal wearing #3, I guess that means they aren't expecting CP3 to come back? :P
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

It’s funny that we traded Ariza for Oubre, Oubre for CP3, CP3 for Beal, and all 4 wore #3

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:07 pm
It’s funny that we traded Ariza for Oubre, Oubre for CP3, CP3 for Beal, and all 4 wore #3
And now Paul will be traded for Poole (#3).

So I guess next we'll trade Beal for AD or McCollum.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:07 pm
And your post has 3 likes. Coincidence?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

TOO

Post by TOO »

Book, Beal and KD is an awful lot of firepower.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Beal's press conference is currently going on so I will just leave this here

Know most of us had no reason to pay attention to Wiz games and I saw some adding context to the "he has missed lots of games" concerns

I even forgot him doing this to us last season smh lol
I think dude is still an elite talent and there's nothing quite like a chance at a title to bring out the best in him.
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

TOO

Post by TOO »

This presser is pretty fun. Even Jones seems kinda likeable.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Nice intro... Honestly other than highlights here and there, never heard much from the guy... Seems like a real classy dude.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Kryptonic wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:17 pm
Nice intro... Honestly other than highlights here and there, never heard much from the guy... Seems like a real classy dude.
You have to be a huge over the average patience/Zen/ mature guy to endure playing on Washington for that long.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yeah, Beal sounds like a great guy with a great attitude. Watched the whole thing.

Starts at 12:42

"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:28 pm
Kryptonic wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:17 pm
You have to be a huge over the average patience/Zen/ mature guy to endure playing on Washington for that long.
And from the sounds of it was pretty ingrained in their community….

Felt like last year we lost the heart of our team when Mikal got traded…. Granted it’s just one press conference but Beal seems like he could fill that void left by Kal.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

https://arizonasports.com/story/3526993 ... dley-beal/
Suns’ Mat Ishbia continues relentless push with Bradley Beal addition

Ishbia is everything a starving sports town dreams of in an owner: youthful, rich, and willing to risk it all in pursuit of a championship. Yet his approach is also counterintuitive to industry trends. It’s happening as the NBA institutes powerful deterrents to runaway spending and owners seeking to form super teams in destination cities.

Just our luck, right? We finally get a hell-bent owner and a super team in Phoenix just when super teams are becoming extinct in the NBA.

The fear is that Mat Ishbia and his bottomless pit of money arrived a few years too late. Or maybe it was ESPN reporter Baxter Holmes who arrived too late. Just like Shaq arrived a few years too late.

Either way, isn’t this fun?

Beal, our newest toy, struck the perfect tone on Thursday. He is an elite scorer who repeatedly vowed to savor the journey and accept all difficulties that might arise. He is an East Coast guy dropped inside a blast furnace, a world where everything is new and strange.

He’s already agreed to take a camping trip to Flagstaff with Devin Booker. He wondered aloud about the sauna-like temperature outside, like all newcomers in the heat of summer. And yet Beal also came with an awareness and a vibe — that he wants to be part of something special, that he knew exactly where he stood.

“This is Book Nation,” Beal said.

By the way, Beal also dropped hints of how the offense will look: fast-paced, up-tempo, with multiple ballhandlers.

“Whoever gets it, goes,” he said.

Strap a seat belt around your waist, Suns fans. And another around your heart.

"Be Legendary."