2023 General Offseason/PostSeason League News

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Vladimir_Taltos

Re: 2023 General Offseason/PostSeason League News

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

I'm worried about if Damien lands in Miami...they got Bryant already (was hoping he'd land here...)...if they get Damien...that's going to be a worry. Wish we could flip Ayton for him but I don't see that happening...

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

SunsRIt wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:07 pm
wpmiller42 wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:18 pm
carey wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:11 am
I just don't see how the Heat have what Portland would want. They're massively fed up with Bam (who'd almost have to be included to make salaries work) over there and I guess they'd include Herro but he's pretty overrated. Maybe they just send them 4 draft picks like we sent Brooklyn for KD too. I think Brooklyn just doesn't have the goods even if you consider splitting up the twins. They could send the max amount of picks but what players?
I've heard the same rumors about the Heat being unhappy with Bam.

What about a 3-way trade with Portland, us, and the Heat? Heat get Dame, we get Bam, and Portland gets Ayton and Oladipo. Heat can throw some picks Portland's way.
So you want to trade away a player we complain about for a player whose current fan base has the same complaints about? Tell me how that make sense.
I don't agree with the heat fan base. I like how Bam plays.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Bam has his issues, especially on offense. I think Lowry stunted his growth as a high post offensive hub, and he did try to become more of a mid range shooter instead of relentlessly attacking the basket, but he plays hard on defense and can go 1-5. Obviously he lacks some size on that end, but if there were any way we swapped Ayton for Bam I would be absolutely ecstatic.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Agreed…. it’s just Bam does more of what we need while ayton could do what they need. I feel it would be mutually beneficial for both teams.

pickle

Post by pickle »

If Miami culture could fix Ayton this would of course be a good deal for them, but I guess in terms of perceived value the two aren’t close, since Bam is starting from such a higher point in terms of current on court presence, and we don’t have any assets to sweeten the deal.

Signed, Captain Obvious

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wow, go get that bag Jock.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

SunsRIt wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:07 pm
wpmiller42 wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:18 pm
carey wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:11 am
I just don't see how the Heat have what Portland would want. They're massively fed up with Bam (who'd almost have to be included to make salaries work) over there and I guess they'd include Herro but he's pretty overrated. Maybe they just send them 4 draft picks like we sent Brooklyn for KD too. I think Brooklyn just doesn't have the goods even if you consider splitting up the twins. They could send the max amount of picks but what players?
I've heard the same rumors about the Heat being unhappy with Bam.

What about a 3-way trade with Portland, us, and the Heat? Heat get Dame, we get Bam, and Portland gets Ayton and Oladipo. Heat can throw some picks Portland's way.
So you want to trade away a player we complain about for a player whose current fan base has the same complaints about? Tell me how that make sense.
Bam probably fits the Big 3 better than Ayton, not that I am advocating to bring Bam here.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Vladimir_Taltos wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:11 pm
I'm worried about if Damien lands in Miami...they got Bryant already (was hoping he'd land here...)...if they get Damien...that's going to be a worry. Wish we could flip Ayton for him but I don't see that happening...
I think there are enough worries internally to not worry about what other teams are doing.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:49 pm
Wow, go get that bag Jock.

Good for Jock!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Sunsfanatic76

Post by Sunsfanatic76 »

Not sure if this has been shared yet?

carey

Post by carey »

Shitty by Portland. Dame has been more than patient there. But I do agree Miami doesn't have the value without including Bam. They need a third team.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It is always shitty when a player demands a trade to a specific team. It really mucks up the leverage the player's current team has to trade him out and get a fair return. (Unless you're Brooklyn trading KD, in which case you just wait for an impatient new owner to come along and overrule the GM and give you a decade's worth of draft picks.)

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

carey wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:50 am
Shitty by Portland. Dame has been more than patient there. But I do agree Miami doesn't have the value without including Bam. They need a third team.
If Miami and Dame are playing hardball, then Portland can. Bam AND Herro should be the starting point.

Brooklyn accommodated KD but got a king’s ransom for him. It hurts because it was our Suns who paid it, but it was the best for them. Dame and the Heat are looking at the Beal trade, but they should take KD’s as their reference. Gratitude can only take you so far.

On a related note, Ayton is younger than Bam, we should step in offering him as a better fit timeline wise.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I don't blame Portland at all. If all it took for Dame to ask out is a bad offer to Jerami Grant, then I don't think he was very forthcoming in the meeting they had just a few days prior.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

carey wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:50 am
Lillard got a 4-year, $196 million extension so no wonder he wasn't complaining. Now that he's got it, he wants to pick where they trade him, and it doesn't really work that way. How obligated would we have been if Booker had said "trade me to Boston" a year after signing his extension here? Especialoly if they didn;t want to include their best players?
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

There's been enough smoke to where Dame to Miami was bound to happen or at least be on the table at some point. He supposedly let them know last Monday, so they signed Grant regardless. And really, they should've pulled the trigger on him a year or two ago. I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up in Miami or at least some other EC team that's a contender or close to contending like Philly, Milwaukee or BK. I don't think they'll send him somewhere he doesn't want to play unless they feel like he and Miami were tampering and they move him elsewhere out of spite.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Thanks for giving me another reason to dislike Draymond. Ayton’s highest scoring average is still the season before CP got here. It was never able to recover with CP here.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:25 pm
CP looked washed last year. I can't believe golden state is excited about that trade lol

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:48 pm
Thanks for giving me another reason to dislike Draymond. Ayton’s highest scoring average is still the season before CP got here. It was never able to recover with CP here.
C'mon ... you mean the season Ayton missed a chunk of time for a failed drug test? And played only 38 games?
When you ignore context, your takes look silly.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?