2023 Suns General Offseason/PostSeason News Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: 2023 Suns General Offseason/PostSeason News Thread

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:16 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:30 am
These are somewhat controversial in the sneaker community. I personally like the black pair based on the photos because there's a chance they could be worn as a casual shoe. I'm interested to see the performance specs for the more on-court version.

Those are pretty sick…. Nice and simple design. I could go for the black ones for sure but finding the older I get, I’m more about the comfort lol.
I'm not sure I like the color of the swoop on the black shoe. I like my N7s better.

Man, as far as comfort, I just got my first pair of HOKA's and man are they light and comfortable. Worth the extra cost.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

Sunsfanatic76 wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:59 pm
I'm really not that crazy about the idea of having either one of those guys doing "prove it" as 8th or 9th men on the team. They're both low-IQ, low-defense, me-first types that feel like bad fits.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:06 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:12 pm

I would love to see Vogel’s face reading KD’s tweets today, especially after he just came out and said he needs his star players to commit to defense. :P
What exactly are you trying to do here?
Rile INF up!

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:50 pm
ShelC wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:47 pm
Sounds good to me. Little scrappy pg. who’s that remind you of?
Yuta Tabuse?

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:13 pm
I'm not sure I like the color of the swoop on the black shoe. I like my N7s better.

Man, as far as comfort, I just got my first pair of HOKA's and man are they light and comfortable. Worth the extra cost.
I'm with you on the gold swoosh. It's a bit too flashy, but these are samples so there's a chance the final version will be different.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

JeremyG wrote:

I would love to see Vogel’s face reading KD’s tweets today, especially after he just came out and said he needs his star players to commit to defense. :P
KD is right.

I think there are probably 2 champions in the last decade who could argue their defense was the the strong point of their team. (2014 Spurs, 2016 Cavs)

Every other champion got it done with phenomenal offensive performances by the team or individual players. Toronto is kind of an exception because they really shouldn't have won that title.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Payne out and McConnell in would be terrific.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:21 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:50 pm
ShelC wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:47 pm
Sounds good to me. Little scrappy pg. who’s that remind you of?
Yuta Tabuse?
Lol. You know Ishbia probably wishes he was a lil TJ McConnell. It’s his create my player mode.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

DA and Payne for Turner, McConnell and Nwora works.....just sayin'.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:34 pm
JeremyG wrote:

KD is right.

I think there are probably 2 champions in the last decade who could argue their defense was the the strong point of their team. (2014 Spurs, 2016 Cavs)

Every other champion got it done with phenomenal offensive performances by the team or individual players. Toronto is kind of an exception because they really shouldn't have won that title.
That Spurs offense was one of the best “team ball” offenses (Warriors exempted) that I can remember. And the Cavs were led by two otherworldly offensive players. I get what you’re saying but I’m not sure those are the two examples I’d use.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:13 pm
Kryptonic wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:16 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:30 am
These are somewhat controversial in the sneaker community. I personally like the black pair based on the photos because there's a chance they could be worn as a casual shoe. I'm interested to see the performance specs for the more on-court version.

Those are pretty sick…. Nice and simple design. I could go for the black ones for sure but finding the older I get, I’m more about the comfort lol.

Yea, I agree on the swoop on the black shoe but figured it would probably go with most things I wear anyway.

I've been eyeballing Hoka's... With my back issues and all I feel they'd help out a lot.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

KD is right.

If we went back a little further, Would you include the early 2000's pistons with Ben Wallace, Chauncy Billups and Rip Hamilton?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Shabazz wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:59 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

KD is right.

That Spurs offense was one of the best “team ball” offenses (Warriors exempted) that I can remember. And the Cavs were led by two otherworldly offensive players. I get what you’re saying but I’m not sure those are the two examples I’d use.
I agree. I was being generous.

The 2014 Spurs were fantastic offensively, but they also held the Heatles under 100 points in every Finals game.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Kryptonic wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:04 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
KD is right.

If we went back a little further, Would you include the early 2000's pistons with Ben Wallace, Chauncy Billups and Rip Hamilton?
Yes, but I think the 2007 Spurs leveraged their defensive ability the more than any team this century.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

KD is right.

You wouldn't say that the Lakers' strong point was their defense?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:13 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

KD is right.

You wouldn't say that the Lakers' strong point was their defense?
The Bubble Lakers? Nope.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:09 pm
Kryptonic wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:04 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
KD is right.

Yes, but I think the 2007 Spurs leveraged their defensive ability the more than any team this century.
totally agreed.... those low scoring games were ridiculous and boring to watch, but it worked!

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Exclusive: Phoenix Suns owner Mat Ishbia addresses Chris Paul comment on Isiah Thomas role in trade

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... 406079007/
“I realize that, you know, Mat and Isiah, I guess, just wanted to go in a different direction,” Paul said in The New York Times article.

In an exclusive interview Tuesday with The Arizona Republic for paid subscribers, Ishbia addressed Paul's comments with a series of breathtaking quotes.
Last edited by AmareIsGod on Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:57 pm
And we would then have traded away every single teammate of Devin Booker's from the Finals team within 24 months. Under a GM criticized for his obsession with continuity. :lol:
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JNix

Post by JNix »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:48 am
ShelC wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:57 pm
And we would then have traded away every single teammate of Devin Booker's from the Finals team within 24 months. Under a GM criticized for his obsession with continuity. :lol:
No way Indiana does that.