2023 Suns General Offseason/PostSeason News Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JeremyG

Re: 2023 Suns General Offseason/PostSeason News Thread

Post by JeremyG »

Kryptonic wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:15 pm
Good to see Matrix and Stat get in the Ring of Honor. Hopefully Nash isn't too far behind.
Nash is already in it.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Good to see Book into the history and appreciating those who came before him.

"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:53 pm
Kryptonic wrote:
Good to see Matrix and Stat get in the Ring of Honor. Hopefully Nash isn't too far behind.
Nash is already in it.
Thanks... I must have missed that one, not sure why. I usually go to those... Went to Barkley and Thunder Dans.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

LazarusLong wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:15 pm
I saw Amare's 50-pt. game against Portland. He lit it up against Ratliff, Randolph, Abdur Rahim and Przybilla.
Awesome ...

Seeing your old ticket stub reminded me that I used to save my ticket stubs from concerts and sporting events. I just dug them up in an old box. Talk about way back machine. I still have the ticket stub to my first concert. George Benson at Gammage Center Aug 9 1982. My oldest Suns ticket is April 22 1994 vs Clippers. Ticket stubs are like little time capsules.

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:24 pm
More than deserved.

Congrats to STAT & the Matrix. 👍
Phoenix Suns 2024-25 NBA Champions !

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Glad to see them both get in. Surprised Sarver hadn't done it just to create some goodwill with the fans so good on Ishbia for getting it done. They're both more than deserving and hopefully they're give a more active role in the org if they want. Amar'e was never really appreciated in NY and Shawn shouldn't be remembered as a Maverick just because he won a ring there.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Kryptonic wrote:
I thought that Nash was put in awhile back already.

Edit: I see that JeremyG said this already.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Amare obliterates Olowokandi with the "stinky cheese" dunk ...

Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Always loved amares tenacity

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I forgot how savage #3 was. My God. What was your favorite Amare play? Didn't realize he had a bunch of Knicks highlights. Didn't think he did much there. A shame he didn't retire a Sun.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:19 am
now if we can get ayton coming in with this tenacity… he’d be unstoppable. I have faith! 🙏

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:30 am
I forgot how savage #3 was. My God. What was your favorite Amare play? Didn't realize he had a bunch of Knicks highlights. Didn't think he did much there. A shame he didn't retire a Sun.
I love #1 and #3 (stinky cheese)…. Wish he’d retired a sun too.

3TheHardaway

Post by 3TheHardaway »

Amare taking (and banking) the game tying 3 against the Spurs in 2003 game 1 was an all-time no-no-no-YES moment. The amount of cajones he he had as a rookie (before he developed his jumper no less) was something else.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I still like the Kandi dunk most because that was his coming out party. He was a rookie and that dunk put him on the map. I don't think the league had seen a big dunk like him since prime Kemp. The Josh Smith dunk was pretty violent and there were a couple others - I think Gerald Wallace on the Bobcats and Pryzbilla on the Blazers.

He had a few moments on the Knicks but the roster was never really built for him. Felton wasn't a great PnR guard and Amar'e didn't have a lot of moves other than driving right towards the basket or taking the jumper. Then Melo came along and they were just a bad fit together, along with Chandler who crowded the lane for him. And there were always some injuries keeping him out the lineup- a bad back, a busted hand from hitting a fire alarm in the playoffs, the knees. Very up and down in NY.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

One of my favorites was the block against the Kings in the playoffs to win the game.

Found it:

Side note: Why do I keep getting Captcha verification for all pics and videos on here today?

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

SunsRIt wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:40 am
One of my favorites was the block against the Kings in the playoffs to win the game.

Found it:

Side note: Why do I keep getting Captcha verification for all pics and videos on here today?
That couldn't have been in the playoffs because we haven't played them since 2001, a year before Amare was drafted.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:25 am
SunsRIt wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:40 am

Found it:

That couldn't have been in the playoffs because we haven't played them since 2001, a year before Amare was drafted.
It seemed like it had some kind of playoff implications. Maybe I’m wrong. I do remember watching it live and it was a big deal. I even joined the Kings message board to troll them about it. 😀

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Amare was a beast. You don't know what you've got till it's gone; I loved that '04 - '10 team so much and don't think I have ever really fallen in love with a Suns team nearly the same way since. To me the key was always Nash; my all-time favorite Sun and NBA player. He made those teams special. Then Stat and Matrix were #2a and #2b behind him. But I liked the oddball years the best: '06 and '10. I could watch Raja Bell, Grant Hill, Jared Dudley, Barbosa, Dragic, all those other guys all day.