Around the League: Week 13 1/19-1/25

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: Around the League: Week 13 1/19-1/25

Post by INFORMER »

Wish we had kept some open roster spots. Also wish we still had the $6 mil in cap space.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

INFORMER wrote:Wish we had kept some open roster spots. Also wish we still had the $6 mil in cap space.
There are always going to be more players that you/we want than have room for. I'd argue we have enough young players at the end of the bench that we're developing. You can argue that those are the wrong players, but to add any more to the mix would mean bumping a young guy into the rotation or cutting the rotation to 8-9 players instead of 9-10.

I think we need a consolidation trade, but it may not come until after the season.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote:
INFORMER wrote:Wish we had kept some open roster spots. Also wish we still had the $6 mil in cap space.
There are always going to be more players that you/we want than have room for.
I don't think that's true, at least not in my case.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

For example, I'd love for us to make a run at Mo Harkless. But where/when would he ever play?

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Shabazz wrote:For example, I'd love for us to make a run at Mo Harkless. But where/when would he ever play?
Just like clothes in the closet. If you put something new in, you have to take something else out.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Shawn Marion is retiring after the year.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

I read/saw that, also. Was sorta, half-hoping the Suns could bring him back next year for a final curtain call. Perhaps not realistic, but still ...
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

SDC

Post by SDC »

LazarusLong wrote:I read/saw that, also. Was sorta, half-hoping the Suns could bring him back next year for a final curtain call. Perhaps not realistic, but still ...
i'd rather bring back amare as a stretch 4/roll type guy.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

8 blocked shots for Jerami Grant tonight.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The Warriors stomped the Rockets last night, making them 4-0 in their season series against Houston. A lot of people billed the game as the battle between the top two MVP candidates: Harden and Curry. Golden State just trounced Houston and was up by 25-30 points or so at one point. Dwight Howard also looks a little gimpy, and that has to be a concern for Houston. Harden's still having a near-MVP season, but Houston's status as a contender is very much in question right now. And they certainly don't want to be matched up against GS in the postseason.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Mori Chu wrote:And they certainly don't want to be matched up against GS in the postseason.
I think taking out GS in the first round is going to be our job.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Cap wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:And they certainly don't want to be matched up against GS in the postseason.
I think taking out GS in the first round is going to be our job.
That would be a great series. We'd lose the close ones, though, so I doubt we'd take it.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Mori Chu wrote:The Warriors stomped the Rockets last night, making them 4-0 in their season series against Houston. A lot of people billed the game as the battle between the top two MVP candidates: Harden and Curry. Golden State just trounced Houston and was up by 25-30 points or so at one point. Dwight Howard also looks a little gimpy, and that has to be a concern for Houston. Harden's still having a near-MVP season, but Houston's status as a contender is very much in question right now. And they certainly don't want to be matched up against GS in the postseason.
I think the 4 top teams in the west when its all said and done will be
GS
Memphis
SA
OKC

It might not end like that in the standings but they're going to be the 4 best I think. Not necessarily in that order.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

carey

Post by carey »

Kobe suffered torn rotator cuff: LINK
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I would include Houston as a top 4 west team over OKC if they are healthy. But they may not be healthy in April.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Mori Chu wrote:I still wouldn't pick him up. I'm not sure he would adapt well to getting very few minutes here and not being important here any more. But I do like the dude a lot and miss having him here back in the day.
i think at this stage in his life he should be more of a stretch 4/pick-n-roll guy. amare can be our robert horry. we know he cant defend the interior (he easily gives up his position), but maybe he can defend the finesse/mobile bigs.

i'd encourage him to shoot more spot up/catch and shoot threes. i know he can do it. he is a good outside shooter. i'd be happy if the suns take him off the waiver wire instead of oneal.
Last edited by SDC on Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carey

Post by carey »

LMA out 6 to 8 weeks.

https://twitter.com/TrailBlazersPR/status/558445067447173121

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

ouch, Portland will still make the playoffs but an injury like this could cost them in the seeding. Might be a 6 seed instead of a 2 seed. Although, they most likely will still be their division champ so I guess they can't fall past 4 unless OKC catches them.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

When it rains it pours....Nic Batum left tonight's game vs the Celtics with a wrist injury. Appears to be an aggravation of an old injury.

Blazers up 1 on Celtics with 40seconds left.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Oh boy....and the Blazers just lost in one of the most excruciating ways possible. Jared Sullinger dove on a loose ball in the paint with 4seconds left threw it from his but to the corner to a wide open Evan Turner who buried a 3. Celtics win 90-89. This is why I love League pass.

Good for us I guess...But just an awful 24hours for Blazer fans.