2023 General Offseason/PostSeason League News

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: 2023 General Offseason/PostSeason League News

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:04 am
I'm 92.4% sure Ben Simmons doesn't actually enjoy the playing part of being an NBA player.

I don't even know what 100% Ben Simmons is anymore, and at this point he needs to do something remotely near a real NBA player for longer than half a season for me to believe in him again.
I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, even if he doesn't deserve it, because I also have experience of what it's like to play with pain. Pain can zapp your energy and love for the game, especially back pain. If what he says is true, him being 100%, will make all the difference in the world.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I hope Ben Simmons turns things around. I hate seeing a young talented player just lose their mojo like that. Hopefully he'll find a way to be a productive NBA player again. It seems like he's had both physical and mental issues, and if he can get those right, who knows what his ceiling could be?

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Bucktastic365

Post by Bucktastic365 »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:37 am

I rely on streams in order to watch games, specifically NBA games.
I sincerely hope this doesn't happen.

Split T

Post by Split T »

League pass is just $100 for the year…and if you live in Arizona you should get the games for free now

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:08 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
I'm 92.4% sure Ben Simmons doesn't actually enjoy the playing part of being an NBA player.

I don't even know what 100% Ben Simmons is anymore, and at this point he needs to do something remotely near a real NBA player for longer than half a season for me to believe in him again.
I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, even if he doesn't deserve it, because I also have experience of what it's like to play with pain. Pain can zapp your energy and love for the game, especially back pain. If what he says is true, him being 100%, will make all the difference in the world.
You can I sympathize with a back injury just like millions of other middle aged and older people.

I can't sympathize with him half-assing his training and stubbornness about his own development. Again, I need to see him play at least 50 games of good basketball to start believing in him again.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:12 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:08 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

You can I sympathize with a back injury just like millions of other middle aged and older people.

I can't sympathize with him half-assing his training and stubbornness about his own development. Again, I need to see him play at least 50 games of good basketball to start believing in him again.
Fair enough. Learning how to properly shoot seems like a low bar and low effort to do.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Good to see the team embracing their history!

https://www.nba.com/suns/news/phoenix-s ... october-28
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Nothing to see here, he's "retired". SMH.

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:14 pm
Nothing to see here, he's "retired". SMH.

Isn’t that convenient.

pickle

Post by pickle »

What was he being investigated for?

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I think there was some story about him and his family being Celtics fans and then people started posting C's record in games he did.

I might be mixing things up or could have just been trolls
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

pickle

Post by pickle »

Hmm... if that's the case, where's the Scott Foster investigation?

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Split T wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:47 pm
League pass is just $100 for the year…and if you live in Arizona you should get the games for free now
It's half a month paycheck for some here in Brazil. I used to pay for it, but the dollar skyrocketed and streams just saved my ass.
You can watch NBA on Prime video or star+ (both costs a little more than 20U$ here), but they only stream the most famous teams. If you're a LeBron or a Curry fan, it's almost every game, but if you're a Suns fan, you have to get very lucky.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

What are the chances Mat Ishibia looks at this coaching staff list as some kind of challenge?

Cap

Post by Cap »

Who’s going to be the first team to have more coaches than players?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Lakers are loaded. Wood's rep as "not a winning player" has gotten so bad that he's become pretty underrated, IMO. I get that he's not a world-beater on D, but he's pretty skilled.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:19 pm
What are the chances Mat Ishibia looks at this coaching staff list as some kind of challenge?

Well at least we know that one of them is fabulous.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:05 pm
Lakers are loaded. Wood's rep as "not a winning player" has gotten so bad that he's become pretty underrated, IMO. I get that he's not a world-beater on D, but he's pretty skilled.
He's a lot more palatable when not expected to be a top contributor or be on the floor in crunch time.