2023 General Offseason/PostSeason League News

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: 2023 General Offseason/PostSeason League News

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Yeah, I had the same reaction to a KPJ trade scenario. Who'd want to take on that kind of PR?

The only thing that makes sense is a team being able to squeeze the Rockets for draft capital and cutting KPJ after the deal. The Rockets have Brooklyn's first round pick and 4 second round picks in 2024, and 2 first round picks in 2025. I'm guessing they'd be willing to deal that Brooklyn pick if they could get a rotation player in the deal.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It's possible that his career is over.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:21 am
Kryptonic wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:29 am
Superbone wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:11 am
Why do I feel like he’s still going to come back to bite us?
If he was youthful and had upswing,,,, sure. He’s old and spent. We’ll be fine.
Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:45 am
Superbone wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:11 am
Why do I feel like he’s still going to come back to bite us?
I really don't think that will happen. My guess is he has one good-ish game against us, the first Suns-Warriors game of the coming season, and that's about it.
Man, you guys really like to tempt fate. I’m with In2 and Split. Last season he occasionally had Point God flashback games and I just know they’ll come against us this season. Hopefully, just not in the playoffs.

I remember Paul putting on a shooting clinic in several games right before the end of the season. Now he will obviously circle the games he plays against the Suns and want to hurt them.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:30 pm
Yeah, I had the same reaction to a KPJ trade scenario. Who'd want to take on that kind of PR?

The only thing that makes sense is a team being able to squeeze the Rockets for draft capital and cutting KPJ after the deal. The Rockets have Brooklyn's first round pick and 4 second round picks in 2024, and 2 first round picks in 2025. I'm guessing they'd be willing to deal that Brooklyn pick if they could get a rotation player in the deal.
That’s how I read that tweet, that the rockets are going to attach draft capital to get rid of him.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

pickle wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:17 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

That’s how I read that tweet, that the rockets are going to attach draft capital to get rid of him.
I’m all for second chances but he’s already had them and blew it. Also, no room for punching a woman! Time for him to step away from basketball and get help and work on himself.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I’m glad Book isn’t like this!

"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:55 am
pickle wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

I’m all for second chances but he’s already had them and blew it. Also, no room for punching a woman! Time for him to step away from basketball and get help and work on himself.
I agree. I’m guessing the rockets want to dump him to a team’s cap space (is there a team with 13 mil of space left?) or for deadweight contracts and give up some draft capital to make it worth the other team’s while. Guess nobody is waiting in line to rehabilitate him.

Say they attach him and other contracts and some meaningful picks to try to get Hayward? Or swap him and a late first for one of the clippers’ contracts?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:06 am

Ehhh let's not get ahead of ourselves. We could be in that position in 3-4 years.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:41 am
Superbone wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:06 am

Ehhh let's not get ahead of ourselves. We could be in that position in 3-4 years.
Yea…. Books been extremely patient waiting to win a ring and Giannis already has his. At some point books going to want his best option to get a ring, even if it includes leaving. To me, I’m more appalled by Giannis being a ring chaser like that… thought he would be a buck for life, especially since he has a ring there.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It must really suck to hear your team's best player, who led you to a title, talk like that.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
pickle wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

I'm guessing you don't know much about KPJ. This is like his 5th chance. He had a rough upbringing, but completely out of excuses at this point in his life. He's an asshole.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:41 am
Superbone wrote:
pickle wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

I'm guessing you don't know much about KPJ. This is like his 5th chance. He had a rough upbringing, but completely out of excuses at this point in his life. He's an asshole.
I don’t know the details but I knew he’s had multiple run-ins that’s why I said “them” as in multiple blown 2nd chances.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

I thought the KPJ contract wasn’t even guaranteed. Houston should just cut him…my guess is they want to replace his contract. They spent all their money this offseason and won’t be able to replace the KPJ deal if they cut him.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Giannis is just making sure the Bucks know he’s not just gonna stick with them if they don’t put in the work to compete. Bucks just got new owners, right? Maybe he’s letting them know

TOO

Post by TOO »

Giannis for Ayton. Let's goooooo.

Cap

Post by Cap »

TOO wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:10 am
Giannis for Ayton. Let's goooooo.
Now you’re being ridiculous.

Giannis for Ayton and draft swaps.

There. Much better.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I've seen more ridiculously lopsided trades happen. Even in the real world, haha. Make it happen!
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Kysre Gondrezick, the lady assaulted by Kevin Porter Jr., is the daughter of Grant Gondrezick. Grant was drafted by and played one season with the Phoenix Suns.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)