All Things Ayton

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
virtual9mm

Re: All Things Ayton

Post by virtual9mm »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:26 pm
I don’t believe the Suns have any shot at landing OG Anunoby.
Then, no deal. Nurkic doesn't play in the playoffs. Regardless whether you get 2021 or 2023 Ayton, you're still down a starting center.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Why is everyone so enthralled by Anunoby? He is a 17 and 5 guy in his best year and he has been in the league for 6 years. Ayton is an 18 and 10 guy when he is sleepwalking. And Nurkic is a few steps back that can’t even be played in the playoffs. And you’re talking about having to max Anunoby with those numbers? Why is this a discussion?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

OG is every fanbase's wet dream. Nice player but overrated at this point and misses about as many games as Nurk.

Split T

Post by Split T »

SunsRIt wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:47 am
Why is everyone so enthralled by Anunoby? He is a 17 and 5 guy in his best year and he has been in the league for 6 years. Ayton is an 18 and 10 guy when he is sleepwalking. And Nurkic is a few steps back that can’t even be played in the playoffs. And you’re talking about having to max Anunoby with those numbers? Why is this a discussion?
You are getting hung up on box score numbers that don’t mean much. Also Ayton is definitely not an 18/10 guy when he’s sleepwalking…he’s an 8/6 guy.

It shouldn’t be a discussion because OG isn’t available to us…not because Ayton is better.

I’ll never understand the infatuation with Ayton…I’m just gonna leave it. I just personally hope he’s gone soon. About as unreliable of a player as we’ve ever had.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Split T wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:27 am
SunsRIt wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:47 am
You are getting hung up on box score numbers that don’t mean much. Also Ayton is definitely not an 18/10 guy when he’s sleepwalking…he’s an 8/6 guy.

It shouldn’t be a discussion because OG isn’t available to us…not because Ayton is better.

I’ll never understand the infatuation with Ayton…I’m just gonna leave it. I just personally hope he’s gone soon. About as unreliable of a player as we’ve ever had.
I’ve conceded a long time ago he’s never leaving and just trying to HOPE Vogel can get what we need out of him. He’s a good player WHEN he’s locked in, I don’t think any of us are questioning that.

The good news is we’re getting closer to media day and the season kicking off. It should be one for the ages.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

virtual9mm wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:41 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:26 pm
I don’t believe the Suns have any shot at landing OG Anunoby.
Then, no deal. Nurkic doesn't play in the playoffs. Regardless whether you get 2021 or 2023 Ayton, you're still down a starting center.
You’re certainly correct that with 2023 Ayton we were playing the playoffs down a starting center

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Split T wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:43 pm
I also think you’re underrating OG a lot. He’s a near DPOY level defender at 4 positions. He’s also a good 3 point shooter on high volume. He’s a huge upgrade on KBD or Yuta and unlike them he’s proven it over multiple years.
Is OG a max player? If not, is it worth losing Ayton to get 1 year of OG plus a center downgrade?

Split T

Post by Split T »

He’s more of a max player to me than Ayton is. I would pay him it…well actually that depends on what max he is eligible for. He might be at that 30% max now with his service time. That’s gonna be a 44ish million starting salary. That’s a little rich. 30-35 seems more in line

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flex seems to think we’re after Shaedon Sharpe apparently…that’s seems unlikely too

TOO

Post by TOO »

Be cool if JJ and Co would say something, one way or the other. I'd love Shaedon Sharpe, but that seems more unlikely than actually trading Ayton. I will be surprised if they move Ayton at this point.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don’t know, it seems inevitable to me…I just worry about the return. I’m preparing for it to be something like Nurkic and Little or someone on that level.

TOO

Post by TOO »

It's not gonna be a good return, I get why many are.very much against selling low on Ayton, but as stated by many before, if the stars are done with you, there isn't much left you can do. I really dont see what a guy like Little would offer that KBD doesn't already offer, sigh. Too bad Ayton couldn't just back up his talk.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:06 am
Be cool if JJ and Co would say something, one way or the other. I'd love Shaedon Sharpe, but that seems more unlikely than actually trading Ayton. I will be surprised if they move Ayton at this point.
That's not his style.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:08 am
I don’t know, it seems inevitable to me…I just worry about the return. I’m preparing for it to be something like Nurkic and Little or someone on that level.
We'll get little, for sure.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:26 am
It's not gonna be a good return, I get why many are.very much against selling low on Ayton, but as stated by many before, if the stars are done with you, there isn't much left you can do. I really dont see what a guy like Little would offer that KBD doesn't already offer, sigh. Too bad Ayton couldn't just back up his talk.
He's going to get another chance.

"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:29 am
Split T wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:08 am
We'll get little, for sure.
nicely done... :lol:

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

My gut tells me that the Ayton for Nurk trade has a 60% chance of 100% happening. So better start mentally preparing.

Sharp would be cool but I’m really hoping for Dick from the raptors tho.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Wally_West wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:48 am
My gut tells me that the Ayton for Nurk trade has a 60% chance of 100% happening. So better start mentally preparing.

Sharp would be cool but I’m really hoping for Dick from the raptors tho.
If the great swami Wally says to get ready… Im emotionally preparing myself for the onslaught this thread is going to take.

The KD trade we gave a little too much.
The beal trade we made out well
Cam Payne trade was meh
We need this trade to be good… just me or does it feel like we’re definitely “all-in” with this season?

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Kryptonic wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:55 am
We need this trade to be good… just me or does it feel like we’re definitely “all-in” with this season?
Not if we were to trade Ayton. That would be throwing our season in the trash can.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:48 am
He’s more of a max player to me than Ayton is. I would pay him it…
Lol. For a 4th option? I’m sure you were one of the ones in 2021 or 2022 saying we can’t pay the max for a 3rd option!
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.