2023 General Offseason/PostSeason League News

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SunsShine

Re: 2023 General Offseason/PostSeason League News

Post by SunsShine »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:33 am
SunsShine wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:55 pm
Superbone wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:45 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:43 pm
Why wouldn't Wiggins be the PF in such a lineup? That's very small-ball. I don't think it will work to have CP3 and Curry and Klay all out there together. IMO they'd be more successful bringing CP3 off the bench; he'd feast against second lineups.
Who cares? Oh, yeah. You do.
And me. :D

I do hate the thought of Curry, Paul, and Klay all starting together. They already have issues being a smaller team and that would only make things worse. Paul has a significantly higher basketball IQ than Jordan Poole and he could actually help the team out tremendously by embracing the role as the sixth man.
Ugh. Two of you guys now?
Afraid so. ;)

It’s actually nice knowing I’m not the only Warriors fan around these parts lol.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SunsShine wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:36 am
Superbone wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:33 am
SunsShine wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:55 pm
Superbone wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:45 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:43 pm
Why wouldn't Wiggins be the PF in such a lineup? That's very small-ball. I don't think it will work to have CP3 and Curry and Klay all out there together. IMO they'd be more successful bringing CP3 off the bench; he'd feast against second lineups.
Who cares? Oh, yeah. You do.
And me. :D

I do hate the thought of Curry, Paul, and Klay all starting together. They already have issues being a smaller team and that would only make things worse. Paul has a significantly higher basketball IQ than Jordan Poole and he could actually help the team out tremendously by embracing the role as the sixth man.
Ugh. Two of you guys now?
Afraid so. ;)

It’s actually nice knowing I’m not the only Warriors fan around these parts lol.
Be careful, man. You're new here. Marty runs the joint so we have to be polite.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

SunsShine

Post by SunsShine »

Fair enough. I’ll be more than happy to give Mori his due.

It’s still wild to me that KD has been on the Warriors and now the Suns. I love him as a player, so I hope he can achieve similar results here in Phoenix.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I barely pay any attention to the Warriors any more. When I lived in Silicon Valley, they were on TV all the time there, they were omnipresent. They were the home/local team. So it seemed more appropriate to watch them and pay attention. Now that I'm back in Seattle, I don't think about them much; I don't think the Warriors are going to be very good this year (play-in team, ish). I wish we could get the Sonics back so I could go to some games.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:02 am
I barely pay any attention to the Warriors any more. When I lived in Silicon Valley, they were on TV all the time there, they were omnipresent. They were the home/local team. So it seemed more appropriate to watch them and pay attention. Now that I'm back in Seattle, I don't think about them much; I don't think the Warriors are going to be very good this year (play-in team, ish). I wish we could get the Sonics back so I could go to some games.
I hate that Seattle doesn’t have a team and I’m in Portland.
It’s almost a parody that they’re acting like CP3 is gonna start with Curry. It’s not like he is Iggy. The fact that CP3 thinks he is still a starter is silly and shows he isn’t regulating his competitive spirit too well. Maybe it’s just Kerr playing along until CP3 realizes it for himself.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:09 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:02 am
I hate that Seattle doesn’t have a team and I’m in Portland.
It’s almost a parody that they’re acting like CP3 is gonna start with Curry. It’s not like he is Iggy. The fact that CP3 thinks he is still a starter is silly and shows he isn’t regulating his competitive spirit too well. Maybe it’s just Kerr playing along until CP3 realizes it for himself.
I don't know. I saw another thing where he said he's come off the bench before (national team?) and that only winning matters.

"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I still don't think the Ws/CP experiment is going to work. They're appeasing CP now and will probably give it preseason and a few games to see it fail before they move on with the regular group. There's just too much to do to hide Curry and CP on defense and Klay's lot a bit defensively too. Maybe I'm wrong, I just think CP is cooked. At the very least, he needs the ball in his hands, playing at his own pace to be effective.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:56 am
I still don't think the Ws/CP experiment is going to work. They're appeasing CP now and will probably give it preseason and a few games to see it fail before they move on with the regular group. There's just too much to do to hide Curry and CP on defense and Klay's lot a bit defensively too. Maybe I'm wrong, I just think CP is cooked. At the very least, he needs the ball in his hands, playing at his own pace to be effective.
CP3 is a guy who can probably give excellent back up minutes like 15-18mpg. He can take care of the ball and initiate against other teams’ bench-maybe get to his spot a few times or hit an open 3. But he shouldn’t be a full time starter otherwise he ends up getting beat up, or hiding his fatigue, or getting hurt, and just not look like not himself. It’s fine, even great but coaches and cp3 just need to be real.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

As you guys discussing it
First tweet is mainly for the caption, don't expect anyone to watch the 3mins

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’m in Utah and I think it’s just made me dislike the Jazz even more haha

I don’t have a side piece team…I will cheer for teams that have players I like when the suns aren’t involved.

SunsShine

Post by SunsShine »

It does not appear Brown spent much time in the offseason working on his handles. He’s having some trouble just dribbling the ball with his left hand in this clip.

Cap

Post by Cap »

SunsShine wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:43 pm

It does not appear Brown spent much time in the offseason working on his handles. He’s having some trouble just dribbling the ball with his left hand in this clip.
He’s faking. It’s a ruse. He puts out that video, so defenders overplay him to his right, and he blows right by them. ;)

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

I guess we need an “All things Warriors” thread if this is going to be a thing.

I loved CP3 as a Sun, unlike many, I was thrilled to have him in Phoenix the minute that history leaked, and it was hard to saw him fell from his 37th birthday cliff so fast, but I’m ready to let him go, he didn’t want to stay on Phoenix as a backup, fine, but I don’t care what he does on Golden State. Unlike Nash, Goran, and most recently enough, Mikal, he is not young neither loved enough around here to keep an eye on him, in case a reunion became doable. Not even wishing him a ring to close his career, unless it’s not in the way of our own championship run.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Neither Wiseman nor Bagley are very good. In fact, the Pistons have four young big guys and I think only one of them is pretty good now with a chance to be better in the future.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Are they going to start Duren and Stewart?

TOO

Post by TOO »

Big Duren fan coming out, I think he's gonna be really good, the rest of those guys are roster fillers.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:48 pm
Make it stop! :P

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I really liked Camara. Sad that we just threw him into the trade.