Game Day (Preseason): Suns (3-1) @ Lakers (2-3), Thurs 10/19/23

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Game Day (Preseason): Suns (3-1) @ Lakers (2-3), Thurs 10/19/23

Post by Mori Chu »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:21 pm
LOL, you didn’t create the “All things Ayton” thread either, but still have your finger prints all over it…. Indirect posting is not going to hide your agenda, but I take your omission to engage, not even in your usual nitpicking of a single line to twist it into a pro Ayton delusion, as a token of someone opening his eyes into the truth: the team is better off without Ayton.

You can keep up the lovefest for your guy and still acknowledge this, and if Ayton becomes valuable to Portland, well, happy ending for all.
To be fair, I think JeremyG has actually been pretty restrained in his comments about DA vs Nurkic so far. He didn't say much after that 1-11 dud Nurk put up against AD and the Lakers, though that would have been a perfect opportunity to crow about it.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:04 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:46 pm
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:05 pm
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:23 pm

You don’t need to waste energy pushing that Nurkic < Ayton, everyone is aware that in a vacuum, and under ideal circumstances, Ayton is the better player. Rest your soul on that.

Problem is, “ideal” is something that is not happening with Ayton, except for a few samples here and there. As I said in another post, you can’t successfully go game planning if one key cog is a complete unknown. After the trade, the team knows what they have, and what not (including projections on health availability) regarding the center position. Before the trade, counting on Ayton stopping AD was a gamble, and either you waste resources game planning against it in case he actually does it, or put yourself at total risk in case the kid wakes up on a paper tissue soft mood, plus the total disarray of adjusting on the fly, with the added bonus of alienating the kid if you bench him for his effort levels.

They are cutting the unreliable although superior player, in favor of the lesser but reliably known quantity. What a shame and a waste it is, but the kid brought it into himself.

You clearly can’t accept that this was a total “addition by substraction” trade, where the team tried to salvage the most posible value from a decision that was set to happen (shipping Ayton out)

And it’s ok if you keep believing the kid is the second coming but you will find more echo on a Portland forum praising him, because in this forum, once the game starts counting, he will be an afterthought for most of us.
That's a lot of paragraphs about someone I did not mention and was not talking about.
LOL, you didn’t create the “All things Ayton” thread either,
I did create it.
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
but still have your finger prints all over it…. Indirect posting is not going to hide your agenda, but I take your omission to engage, not even in your usual nitpicking of a single line to twist it into a pro Ayton delusion, as a token of someone opening his eyes into the truth: the team is better off without Ayton.
Not at all, just not going to let you bait me into a debate, but if you want to think that to help you feel better, go ahead.
The king of baiting calling it quits, oh Jeremy, you are losing yourself on the grief, but no worries, I felt better the moment the team sent “bruised ribs” packing, your Ayton “opinions” never moved my “feeling better” needle one bit.
No, I just don’t understand why you guys have to bring Ayton into every thread. Like I said before, y’all are more obsessed with him than I am.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

TOO

Post by TOO »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:38 am
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

That's a lot of paragraphs about someone I did not mention and was not talking about.
I did create it.
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
but still have your finger prints all over it…. Indirect posting is not going to hide your agenda, but I take your omission to engage, not even in your usual nitpicking of a single line to twist it into a pro Ayton delusion, as a token of someone opening his eyes into the truth: the team is better off without Ayton.
Not at all, just not going to let you bait me into a debate, but if you want to think that to help you feel better, go ahead.
The king of baiting calling it quits, oh Jeremy, you are losing yourself on the grief, but no worries, I felt better the moment the team sent “bruised ribs” packing, your Ayton “opinions” never moved my “feeling better” needle one bit.
No, I just don’t understand why you guys have to bring Ayton into every thread. Like I said before, y’all are more obsessed with him than I am.
You can act like you're not baiting engagement, but you definitely are. Just be an adult about it.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

JeremyG wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

I did create it.
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
So, the G on your name stands for Gaslighting, right??

Or perhaps, Jeremy Gaslayton!!

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:07 am
JeremyG wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

I did create it.
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

That's more like what you're doing. I did not even post in this thread until after people had already mentioned him, and still did not mention him myself. I said before that I was signing off on the "no DA in unrelated threads" rule unless others brought him up.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It’s the Game Day thread against the Lakers that turned into another Ayton thread.

Fail

Split T

Post by Split T »

Nurkic was not good against the Lakers. It doesn’t need to be deeper than that. I’m on Jeremy’s side on this one, he said nothing about our former C. I suggest just ignoring his posts if you’re going to see [redacted] in everything he says. Or do what you want, I’m not in charge, but I do hope we can keep that discussion from infiltrating every thread. We were doing pretty good for a few days.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:25 am
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:07 am
JeremyG wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

I did create it.

That's more like what you're doing. I did not even post in this thread until after people had already mentioned him, and still did not mention him myself. I said before that I was signing off on the "no DA in unrelated threads" rule unless others brought him up.
If anyone checks my posting, is easy to see that I’m not an aytonholic like you, so I didn’t see the need to subscribe anything, I actually stopped seriously posting on the beating a dead horse thread long before many announced as well. And if you were serious about your pledge, you could post at anytime about anything, but you waited for the moment to talk specifically about the center position, and brought him up indirectly with your comment.

So, if you are serious, let’s talk about the rest of the team, not just Nurkic, how about that?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Sigh

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:33 am
Sigh
It's never gonna end.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

I did create it.
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
You mentioned him indirectly and you know it. Here is your exact quote:

"Great to know we still have a starting center who can shoot 91% from the field in a game. Oh wait, that says 9.1%? My bad."

You compared our current starting center to our former starting center. Please don't act like you are innocent here. I will not discuss this further in this thread. If you want to make comparisons to our former starting center, do it in the thread you made for him.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:44 am
JeremyG wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

I did create it.
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

"Great to know we still have a starting center who can shoot 91% from the field in a game. Oh wait, that says 9.1%? My bad."

You compared our current starting center to our former starting center. Please don't act like you are innocent here. I will not discuss this further in this thread. If you want to make comparisons to our former starting center, do it in the thread you made for him.
Gaslighting 100%

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:37 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:46 am
carey wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:04 am
Have we talked about how AD ate Nurkic's lunch yet? 1-11? Woof.
Nurk shot 1-11 and had 5 fouls. I think these are the types of games where we'll miss the former center guy. Former guy was able to mostly guard guys like AD and Jokic 1:1. Nurkic was overmatched.
Great to know we still have a starting center who can shoot 91% from the field in a game. Oh wait, that says 9.1%? My bad.
You don’t seem to be able to contribute anything about the current team. You’re too upset about the fact that DA is gone. You need to take a step back and realize it and move on, or just keep yourself to the dedicated thread.

Everything you post has a direct or indirect reference to the fact that we have a different center.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

I liken it to a dog taking a shit and continuing to run through it for fun. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Shit is so old.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

specialsauce wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:51 am
JeremyG wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:37 am
Mori Chu wrote:
carey wrote:
Nurk shot 1-11 and had 5 fouls. I think these are the types of games where we'll miss the former center guy. Former guy was able to mostly guard guys like AD and Jokic 1:1. Nurkic was overmatched.
Great to know we still have a starting center who can shoot 91% from the field in a game. Oh wait, that says 9.1%? My bad.
You don’t seem to be able to contribute anything about the current team. You’re too upset about the fact that DA is gone. You need to take a step back and realize it and move on, or just keep yourself to the dedicated thread.

Everything you post has a direct or indirect reference to the fact that we have a different center.
It's easy to click on my posts and see that that is false.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:44 am
JeremyG wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

I did create it.
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

That was not even the post that Aztec replied to. And it barely indirectly referenced him. As a fun poke at Nurkic. In response to Marty mentioning him. I did not bring him into the thread.

Here are all the posts in this thread that either directly or indirectly mentioned him which were completely unrelated to anything I posted in here:
Wally_West wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:26 pm
Nurk looking terrible early on, who does he think he is? Deandre Ayton?

I kid, I kid.
TOO wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:35 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:31 pm
Obviously Eubanks dunk is gonna be a talking point but I know all about his athleticism
So no surprise there and he's had a block at the rim in like 3 of the games that I can remember

What I have liked is the nice reads he has been making with hitting the wing on the back door cuts
Suns C rotation is very sound now.
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:40 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:11 pm
Are the Suns’ centers allowed to do this? Go figure after 5 years!!
Mori Chu wrote:
carey wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:41 am
carey wrote:
Is there someone surprised about it?

A role player going against a Top 20 player in the league and ending up 1-11 is more or less what I would expect and no doubt Vogel will be scheming that matchup properly when the real games are played, including calls for at least 9 of those shots for Booker and Beal. Nurkic’s performance can not be evaluated on a direct translation of what we used to hope from the former center, neither from his average production. The team downgraded the position scoring and athletic wise, in order to gain other kind of things, like adding some real 3point range, keeping the ball flowing from side to side and even some dribbling, as we already watched Jusuf bringing up the ball a couple times effectively during preseason. Particularly, we can see him TRYING to do what is expected from him EVERY SINGLE TIME.

It was so funny to watch Nurkic beating our former center on getting to every side of the court during the revenge game, kind of the rabbit and the turtle history on live action. Only one of those two was truly interested in showing his former team what they will be missing.

The final gain on that trade, no doubt was to balance the egos, no more pretending that we have 4 stars, and having to treat the departed guy as one of the marquee players. And everybody’s ears will be spared from hearing the word “dominayton” during media interviews again.
Superbone wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:54 am
Mori Chu wrote:
carey wrote:
Like in the playoffs last year?
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:59 am
Mori Chu wrote:
carey wrote:
Able, Willing, and Actually do something, are three very different propositions. At least now the coaching staff can scheme properly knowing what kind of returns are expected, instead of having to roll the dice on what effort and effect they will get, almost on a quarter-to-quarter basis.
So no it's not gaslighting. Nobody can stop talking about him.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Don't drag me into your shit. Suns C ROTATION, aka starter and BACKUP is sound now. This was pro Eubanks and nothing more. Weirdo