Game Day: Suns (2-3) @ Sixers (3-1), Sat 11/4/23

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
AmareIsGod

Re: Game Day: Suns (2-3) @ Sixers (3-1), Sat 11/4/23

Post by AmareIsGod »

JJ Slim wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:48 pm
Danimal wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:40 pm
Quick question, at what point does everyone start taking the season seriously even with injuries?
Are you talking about fans or the team?
I'm not excited about this season. Going to be a constant rotation of sitting stars and shit chemistry. Beal is redundant on this roster and unnecessary, healthy or hurt. Never really got excited about when we got him. Like we needed another high volume scorer.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

I’d give Beal at least a game or two before writing him off - he is a seriously good player.
I do get the frustration about the season so far though.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:27 pm
As long as we don't get to panel 6.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Embiid is always a handful
These early games we hardly play well
I shared an early statistic about half court O and D, Sixers had the best differential if I remember correctly with their D being legit

Sixers games been good battles last couple seasons and it's been Book who's had their number and been the difference
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Nurkic makes an early three and then thinks he's Reggie Miller. 1-6 from the arc, and more distressing, missed a dunk and a couple of putbacks.

Overall the team shot 36%. That's not going translate into winning basketball.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I suspect things will fall into place when Book and Beal are out there. Guys will know to pass and not press things on offense. They need to be threats, but won't be shooting those shots as much.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:13 pm
JJ Slim wrote:
Danimal wrote:
Quick question, at what point does everyone start taking the season seriously even with injuries?
I'm not excited about this season. Going to be a constant rotation of sitting stars and shit chemistry. Beal is redundant on this roster and unnecessary, healthy or hurt. Never really got excited about when we got him. Like we needed another high volume scorer.
OK. I guess we'll see you in the playoffs then (maybe) if you can't suffer the early season loses with the rest of us.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

JJ Slim wrote:
Danimal wrote:
I guess both. Still has a very preseason vibe to it.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

LazarusLong wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:17 pm
Nurkic makes an early three and then thinks he's Reggie Miller. 1-6 from the arc, and more distressing, missed a dunk and a couple of putbacks.

Overall the team shot 36%. That's not going translate into winning basketball.
For the season, Nurkic is shooting 38.0% from the field. (As a center. :shock:) And 25.0% from three, on 3.3 attempts per game.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:31 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
JJ Slim wrote:
Danimal wrote:
OK. I guess we'll see you in the playoffs then (maybe) if you can't suffer the early season loses with the rest of us.
I'll suffer. Just not excited early on. We'll see. I never saw the appeal of Beal but I never watched him enough. Just seems like Booker-lite.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:53 pm
Superbone wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
JJ Slim wrote:
Danimal wrote:
I'll suffer. Just not excited early on. We'll see. I never saw the appeal of Beal but I never watched him enough. Just seems like Booker-lite.
Booker light > washed CP + ass Shamet.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

People shit on Oubre, but boy could we have used him on our roster. He’s much better than Bol, Little or Metu.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Shabazz wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:58 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Superbone wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
JJ Slim wrote:

Booker light > washed CP + ass Shamet.
Agreed, and I was all in favor of the trade. But I was not in favor of having no point guard on the roster. We certainly need one when Booker and Beal are out. The offense looks completely discombobulated out there.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Shabazz wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:12 pm
People shit on Oubre, but boy could we have used him on our roster. He’s much better than Bol, Little or Metu.
I wouldn't want Oubre. He's a chucker and a net negative. He was quite destructive on Golden State when he was there, to the point that they couldn't wait to be rid of him.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

AmareIsGod wrote:
I recommend giving Beal a chance. He's very good; it'll be almost like having 2 Bookers (or a Booker and a Booker-lite) at the same time. He will have some great games for us.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:32 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:12 pm
I wouldn't want Oubre. He's a chucker and a net negative. He was quite destructive on Golden State when he was there, to the point that they couldn't wait to be rid of him.
That was a bad fit. He was solid for us and he’s been good for Philly.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:17 am
JeremyG wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:00 am
Superbone wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:58 am
We all knew he was not 100% and should not have come back yet.

The question is, why does this keep happening? Why do they keep letting Booker decide these things?
I think you’re overreacting…he didn’t re injure himself…he’s just sore after playing on an ankle he hadn’t stressed in awhile. It says he’s hoping to play tomorrow. He’s fine.

If we waited until players were 100% to put them back out there, we’d never have anyone available.
Do you think the Christmas Day decision was acceptable?

And…it turns out to be even worse than a re-injury. He probably strained his right calf trying to compensate for the left ankle that they shouldn’t have let him be playing on.

Split T

Post by Split T »

JeremyG wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:25 am
Split T wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:17 am
JeremyG wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:00 am
Superbone wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:58 am
We all knew he was not 100% and should not have come back yet.

The question is, why does this keep happening? Why do they keep letting Booker decide these things?
I think you’re overreacting…he didn’t re injure himself…he’s just sore after playing on an ankle he hadn’t stressed in awhile. It says he’s hoping to play tomorrow. He’s fine.

If we waited until players were 100% to put them back out there, we’d never have anyone available.
Do you think the Christmas Day decision was acceptable?

And…it turns out to be even worse than a re-injury. He probably strained his right calf trying to compensate for the left ankle that they shouldn’t have let him be playing on.
I was only talking about this current situation. Though we as fans know absolutely nothing about the injury situation and still like to think we know better.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

AmareIsGod wrote:
... I never saw the appeal of Beal but I never watched him enough. Just seems like Booker-lite.
Sounds like your take on Beal is similar to what most NBA fans think of Booker. High volume scorer who hasn't done much in the playoffs. But Beal is legit. Booker-lite is a disservice. He has had 2 seasons averaging over 30 per game and 3 seasons shooting over 40% from 3. Booker hasn't done either of those things. It's not a knock on Booker. Beal just has a good resume. Neither of those guys are on the Lebron level where they can take a trash roster to the finals, but they can both have legit allstar level talent.

Yeah, the skills and size are redundant, but is it really bad to double up the best thing we have? They can score on or off the ball, pass, and defend. And they both play with a lot of energy. Personally, I'm looking forward to watching Beal and Book together. They are gonna feed off of each other's energy, creating early scoring. It's going to be fun, dude.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

O_Gardino wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:59 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
... I never saw the appeal of Beal but I never watched him enough. Just seems like Booker-lite.
Sounds like your take on Beal is similar to what most NBA fans think of Booker. High volume scorer who hasn't done much in the playoffs. But Beal is legit. Booker-lite is a disservice. He has had 2 seasons averaging over 30 per game and 3 seasons shooting over 40% from 3. Booker hasn't done either of those things. It's not a knock on Booker. Beal just has a good resume. Neither of those guys are on the Lebron level where they can take a trash roster to the finals, but they can both have legit allstar level talent.

Yeah, the skills and size are redundant, but is it really bad to double up the best thing we have? They can score on or off the ball, pass, and defend. And they both play with a lot of energy. Personally, I'm looking forward to watching Beal and Book together. They are gonna feed off of each other's energy, creating early scoring. It's going to be fun, dude.
Word. Probably just frustrated by not seeing them all together. I'll get over it.