Weekly News Thread Assignments 2022

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
wpmiller42

Re: Weekly News Thread Assignments 2022

Post by wpmiller42 »

First, my condolences and thoughts are with everyone here who cancer has affected. It's really terrible and even though I don't post much, I appreciate all the conversation and I like to think that we'd probably be friends in real life, so I'm really sorry.

Do we want to take a stab at divvying up news thread assignments again? One thing I'll throw out there is that I recently subscribed to this "Basketball Intelligence" newsletter and it's really great. It basically aggregates all the substantive news stories in the NBA (and lately, international and WNBA) and sends it out daily, and it's even organized by team. So that's going to be helpful for finding Suns news and I don't mind helping out with that, and the news threads in general.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

wpmiller42 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:40 pm
First, my condolences and thoughts are with everyone here who cancer has affected. It's really terrible and even though I don't post much, I appreciate all the conversation and I like to think that we'd probably be friends in real life, so I'm really sorry.

Do we want to take a stab at divvying up news thread assignments again? One thing I'll throw out there is that I recently subscribed to this "Basketball Intelligence" newsletter and it's really great. It basically aggregates all the substantive news stories in the NBA (and lately, international and WNBA) and sends it out daily, and it's even organized by team. So that's going to be helpful for finding Suns news and I don't mind helping out with that, and the news threads in general.
Thanks man... Much appreciated and totally agree. Really good group of suns fans coming together and love the support for once another; regardless of our differences. Lifes too short to be angry and bitter. :)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

wpmiller42 wrote:
We should make a "2023-24 news threads" thread, and probably a spreadsheet like we had last year. What is the first week that should have a news thread?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:51 pm
wpmiller42 wrote:
We should make a "2023-24 news threads" thread, and probably a spreadsheet like we had last year. What is the first week that should have a news thread?
Maybe the starting next week after training camp is over? Do we want one preseason news thread? Seems like that might be enough and then go weekly when the season starts?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

carey wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:05 am
Hopefully I'll be able to watch games. Pickle gifted me with 3 months of free League Pass last year. That was huge. I wouldn't mind that again if anyone gets that as a reward for joining fantasy football or anything else! ;)
Did anyone get one of those 3-month promo-subs to give away this year?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

carey wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:49 pm
Did anyone get one of those 3-month promo-subs to give away this year?
I would be more than happy to buy you League Pass as thanks for everything you've done for the site. But I can't find any web page with info about how to get a gift subscription for somebody else. Could I Venmo or Zelle you the money if you purchase it for yourself?

Cap

Post by Cap »

This place is awesome.