Game Day: Kings (11-8) @ Suns (12-9), Fri 12/8/23

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Game Day: Kings (11-8) @ Suns (12-9), Fri 12/8/23

Post by In2ition »

iLLmatic wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:57 pm
TOO wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:45 pm
iLLmatic wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:32 pm
Furlanfufi wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:23 pm
Somebody should tie Josh Okogie to the gym and just let him go after he makes a thousand corner 3s everyday.
Homie should’ve been doing that in the offseason.
It's crazy that he doesn't do that, he'd make millions of he could consistently knock down that shot. Millions.
I’m disappointed. I thought he was going to do that this offseason. It’s a contract year for him, he could’ve made himself a whole lot of money sitting in the corner waiting for a kick out from book or kd.

I’m not ready to hit the panic button yet but we wagered a lot of our future for this. Beal has been an absolute bust for us so far.
He reminds me of a guy I used to play with regularly at LA Fitness. Threw up scuds nearly every game, and every blue moon was unconscious the entire day. Of course, this resulted in irrational confidence on his part, and he never thought he needed to really work on or rework his shot. Consistency was, it never changed.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

It's still early, but Vogel needs to start paring his 13-man rotation.
Vogel should decide on Okogie or Little. They both serve similar roles.
As much as some like JO, his erratic shooting, including free throws, is hindering the team.
Little has better FT and 3-point averages.
Maybe deal Okogie for a backup pg.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think it’s still too early to be worrying about the rotation. In fact I’d like to see more experimentation. I don’t think we’ve found our playoff rotation yet. I’d like Metu to get more of a shot.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

I’ve been so busy with life that I haven’t been able to watch much of the games lately, but it doesn’t seem that I’ve been missing much. “Frustrating” is probably the best term to use for this season so far. But at least we didn’t win that stupid Cup before the LOB. :P
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

One of the only good things to come out of yesterday's loss was the halftime DJ set, where our team DJ took Steve Kerr's comments complaining about the DJ thumping techno music and actually made them part of his DJ mix set. Glorious.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:54 am
I’ve been so busy with life that I haven’t been able to watch much of the games lately, but it doesn’t seem that I’ve been missing much. “Frustrating” is probably the best term to use for this season so far. But at least we didn’t win that stupid Cup before the LOB. :P
Yes, at least there's that. We dodged a bullet there. Phew!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:30 pm
One of the only good things to come out of yesterday's loss was the halftime DJ set, where our team DJ took Steve Kerr's comments complaining about the DJ thumping techno music and actually made them part of his DJ mix set. Glorious.

But we literally play our next home game against the Warriors—why not wait until that game??!!
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.