Suns News: Week 14 1/26-2/1

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Cap

Re: Suns News: Week 14 1/26-2/1

Post by Cap »

I think we've piled enough on Saucy for one little wisecrack. If cbesch5 has been lurking here, he understands the spirit in which it was intended.

cbesch5, think of the ribbing as just treating you like part of the gang. Welcome.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

iLLmatic wrote:
INFORMER wrote:The direction of the team.
And what direction is that?
Its construction.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

INFORMER wrote:
iLLmatic wrote:
Its construction.
I wish you could've heard my tone when I said that. There doesn't seem to be a direction is my point, we're half in/half out.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Cap wrote:I think we've piled enough on Saucy for one little wisecrack.
Piling on? Really? :?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

iLLmatic wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
iLLmatic wrote:
Its construction.
I wish you could've heard my tone when I said that. There doesn't seem to be a direction is my point, we're half in/half out.
Ah, sorry, completely missed that.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

EDC wrote:I think we should go overspend and get another young promising seven footer to go next to Len. Build around some twin towers.
I'm with everyone here, I am not a big fan of most of how the team is constructed. We do have a lot of nice trade pieces, but that's really all they are. I would love to see Len partnered up with Towns. Two shot blockers with some perimeter skills too. I like Kieff, but to me he seems more like a great 1st big off the bench. I like Wright in the role he has right now. I feel like eventually, the team is going to have enough athletic scorers and need an excellent distributor, which may be Ennis.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
EDC wrote:I think we should go overspend and get another young promising seven footer to go next to Len. Build around some twin towers.
I'm with everyone here, I am not a big fan of most of how the team is constructed. We do have a lot of nice trade pieces, but that's really all they are. I would love to see Len partnered up with Towns. Two shot blockers with some perimeter skills too. I like Kieff, but to me he seems more like a great 1st big off the bench. I like Wright in the role he has right now. I feel like eventually, the team is going to have enough athletic scorers and need an excellent distributor, which may be Ennis.
Yeah, the only guys I feel really good about in their current roles are Len (starting C), Wright (1st big off the bench), Plumlee (good 3rd string guy, can be a 2nd string in a pinch) and Green (microwave). I am not saying these are the only guys I keep, but I feel like these guys are very good in their current role.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Wow, I think I just said that I feel really good, top to bottom, with our center position. I don't think that has ever happened before.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

LOL, you just said you like our centers and our bench SG. I bet that's a first in Suns fan history.

Cap

Post by Cap »

West-Lang and West-Miller were pretty good too, for their roles on the teams.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Cap wrote:West-Lang and West-Miller were pretty good too, for their roles on the teams.
Agree. People forget how good Miller could be at times. Sad he couldn't grow up and do the things necessary to realize that potential.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Yeah, I almost said that same thing, but was too quickly reminded of what he became in the end.

cbesch5

Post by cbesch5 »

Cap wrote:I think we've piled enough on Saucy for one little wisecrack. If cbesch5 has been lurking here, he understands the spirit in which it was intended.

cbesch5, think of the ribbing as just treating you like part of the gang. Welcome.
Thanks for the welcome. I have been an active reader of the board for years. I was real upset when the URL changed awhile back, until I figured out the new one. I think there is a lot of great discussion that goes on the board and am happy to be a part of it.

My earlier post was my attempt at optimism. :D

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

cbesch5 wrote:
Cap wrote:I think we've piled enough on Saucy for one little wisecrack. If cbesch5 has been lurking here, he understands the spirit in which it was intended.

Thanks for the welcome. I have been an active reader of the board for years. I was real upset when the URL changed awhile back, until I figured out the new one. I think there is a lot of great discussion that goes on the board and am happy to be a part of it.

My earlier post was my attempt at optimism. :D
I for one appreciate that. When the rare optimism raises it's head, it gets crucified around here as it doesn't fit into the more popular daily criticism.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Sorry CB, was just messing around. Did not intend for it to create such a stir, welcome to the board! Carry on......