Suns News: Week 14 (1/22/24 - 1/28/24)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Suns News: Week 14 (1/22/24 - 1/28/24)

Post by Split T »

Gambo shutting down Richards and says Bridges Is unlikely

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

If you want to believe this guy.

Then there’s this.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Split T wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:01 pm
Gambo shutting down Richards and says Bridges Is unlikely

Gambo has been pretty spot on the last couple year so the fact that he isn’t entirely shutting down the Bridges makes me slightly worried.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Wally_West wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:02 pm

Then there’s this.

Not sure he's gotten anything right, so I'm thinking nothing comes of these rumors.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

TOO wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:12 pm
Wally_West wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:02 pm

Then there’s this.

Not sure he's gotten anything right, so I'm thinking nothing comes of these rumors.
His claim to fame is he was the first call the Nurk trade, and I think he called one of the minimum signing before anyone else.

But yeah, the bullshit meter is high but IF you want to believe him, there’s also this.

Gross.

TOO

Post by TOO »

🤮 I get going mercenary, but c'mon man, nobody wants to root for a certified woman beater.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

5th seed
Tomorrow should be interesting
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

The hardest thing for me to believe is the Hornets really wanting Metu.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Yikes. I would hate Bridges on this team. He just seems like a horrible human who really shouldn't be in the NBA. I thought this article from Katie Heindl's Basketball Feelings substack was really poignant: https://basketballfeelings.substack.com ... gy-of-hurt

I honestly didn't even know about the stuff with Porzingis or Billups until I read her article.

The chemistry on this team is just starting to click... bringing in Bridges is such a huge risk that I don't think the team really recovers from it. And I don't see Booker as being 100% okay with this; he's so involved with the community, and regardless of whether or not you think Book is the best player on the team, he's definitely the leader. So how does that play out?

Just gross to think about.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:29 pm
Tells you how bad they want Bridges gone :shock:

Cap

Post by Cap »

Imagine selling your soul for a championship like that and still not winning. That would be a pretty awful feeling.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Gambo not dismissing it outright worries me but we’ll see. Going to be a long 3 weeks

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:28 am
I am a believer in forgiveness and giving people second chances. And nobody is as bad as their worst day or the worst thing they have ever done. But the second incident really seals it for me. The guy got some grace, probation rather than prison time, a small suspension and a chance to restore his career. Then he has another incident including throwing things at the same woman, again in the presence of his poor children. At that point I don't think there is much hope for the guy.

You can say it doesn't matter because all you want is his play on the court. But NBA players make appearances at events, schools, hospitals, charity stuff. They are part of the city and community and are public-facing in a way other employees are not. You can't bring in a guy who you know beat the crap out of his wife, concussed her, fractured her ribs, threw metal objects at her, multiple times. You can't.
And guess what? He’s going to continue to make those appearances as long as he’s allowed in the NBA whether it’s in Phoenix or elsewhere.. Might as well help us win a title rather than go to our opponent and help them.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It is sad that karma doesn't fall positively the Suns way, when they do things because of "morality" in their past. Horry was sent out, because he disrespected Ainge and ended up getting 5 more rings because of it?

Kidd was sent away in a equally shitty trade, as far as value imo, because of "morality".

Joe Johnson was traded away in an uneven trade because he told the owner he didn't want to be here(f'n owners fault in the first place).
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:09 am
Yeah. That would be a very toxic decision by the organization. I would never touch Miles Bridges with a 30ft pole. He shouldn't ever play professional basketball again. Most folks would still be in prison.
Yeah, let's not purposely introduce a cancer to the body.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:06 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
I am a believer in forgiveness and giving people second chances. And nobody is as bad as their worst day or the worst thing they have ever done. But the second incident really seals it for me. The guy got some grace, probation rather than prison time, a small suspension and a chance to restore his career. Then he has another incident including throwing things at the same woman, again in the presence of his poor children. At that point I don't think there is much hope for the guy.

You can say it doesn't matter because all you want is his play on the court. But NBA players make appearances at events, schools, hospitals, charity stuff. They are part of the city and community and are public-facing in a way other employees are not. You can't bring in a guy who you know beat the crap out of his wife, concussed her, fractured her ribs, threw metal objects at her, multiple times. You can't.
And guess what? He’s going to continue to make those appearances as long as he’s allowed in the NBA whether it’s in Phoenix or elsewhere.. Might as well help us win a title rather than go to our opponent and help them.
Why us? Let him go to a cancer organization. The juice isn't worth the squeeze with him at all. Just because he can play in the league doesn't mean he should play for us simply because it may or may not help us win a championship.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

What’s the organization being a cancer have anything to do with the community? Are you suggesting a bad organizations fans and community deserve a player like that?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:56 pm
What’s the organization being a cancer have anything to do with the community? Are you suggesting a bad organizations fans and community deserve a player like that?
Disregard that comment. It more meant organizations that make bad decisions regularly and currently aren't in the market of caring about things like hiring repeat wife beaters in front of their children. It's a cancerous organizational decision and I don't think we should be that organization simply because some team in the NBA will have him.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:29 pm
They just beat Wolves in Minnesota and traded their second best player the next day. What can we really believe the Hornets are thinking?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:06 pm
Mori Chu wrote:

This is where I'm at with it. Not a single contender would second guess bringing him in if it meant winning a title.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.